State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-10-12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He can always say he was out SMOKING cigars... or he accidently dropped it and set the fire alarm off :innocent: .

Jason would still have to be accounted for when they took room count.

But, yes, it would be ironic if his cigar did set off the alarm.

And, I guess it would be funny, if this case was not so damn sad and
heartbreaking.

MY was loving, caring, inside and out, and she deserves to be here..

:(

I don't either. Cell phones have made it more convenient for people to stay in touch regardless of whether people are in a building, but to expect everyone to constantly be "on-call" seems a little overboard. Pregnant women do not need their husbands to be on-call 24 hours a day.

If Jason routinely turned his cell phone off at the end of the day and was asleep in a hotel with a phone next to the bed, he was available in the event there was an emergency.

bbm: but who does that? (I am not being snarky... I am seriously asking a question)

people do not just turn off their phones in this day and age imhoo:twocents:.

I cannot wait to see the phone records: re: when he turned the phone off (last call made)... the amount of time the phone was off... and than what was the next call made and to whom was it made.

I don't either. Cell phones have made it more convenient for people to stay in touch regardless of whether people are in a building, but to expect everyone to constantly be "on-call" seems a little overboard. Pregnant women do not need their husbands to be on-call 24 hours a day.

If Jason routinely turned his cell phone off at the end of the day and was asleep in a hotel with a phone next to the bed, he was available in the event there was an emergency.

OK. Then why don't you turn it around???

****'If' you were going to leave and murder your wife... would you turn your phone off or let it possibly ping to and from the murder?

The women I know would want their husband 'on call' if they were HOME ALONE at night, pregnant and WITH a small child. Sorry, that's the way I see it.

Yeah, she knows. But if something happens to her... how do responders???

Seems to me he took several huge chances with what he did... so far, he has slipped by those 'chances'.

Still... WHY would you turn off your phone? You can turn the ringer off so it will not effect sleep and STILL get your calls. Saying that it is normal is stretching it IMO.

I leave my cell phone in my car. I only need it when I'm away from home or work (where there are old fashioned ways for contacting me) and even then it's turned off half the time. I don't understand the need to stay connected all the time, so perhaps I have a different perspective about the importance of cell phones in day to day life.

... speaks to boundary issues ..

Knowing when enough is enough .. and no is no ..

imo
It's also extremely common in verbally abusive relationships. The abuser often demeans, criticizes, denigrates their spouse and disguises it is as a "joke". If the victim objects or attempts to defend themselves they are then told they have no sense of humor, can't handle a joke, etc.

Ultimately the blame always rests with them regardless.

MOO

Does anyone know if the Prosecutors were able to talk to the first set of jurors before starting this trial?

bbm: but who does that? (I am not being snarky... I am seriously asking a question)

I cannot wait to see the phone records: re: when he turned the phone off (last call made)... the amount of time the phone was off... and than what was the next call made and to whom was it made.

I do.

****'If' you were going to leave and murder your wife... would you turn your phone off or let it possibly ping to and from the murder?

The women I know would want their husband 'on call' if they were HOME ALONE at night, pregnant and WITH a small child. Sorry, that's the way I see it.

If I ever kill someone, I would leave the cell phone turned on and I would leave it at the hotel while I drive back to commit the murder. That way it would appear that I was at the hotel the entire night. Turning it off intentionally would not make sense. Whether JY would have been smart enough to think about that is a subject for debate.

I would leave it in the hotel room.

It seems to me that if Jason was hours away and there was an emergency, Michelle would call her sister - who was minutes away. In fact, she most likely would have called her mom first ... if I'm understanding the relationships correctly. Jason could have been contacted via hotel phone or a message could have been left on his cell phone.

Women managed just fine with their pregnancies before cell phones were invented so I don't see it as a serious issue.

Does anyone know if the Prosecutors were able to talk to the first set of jurors before starting this trial?

I think so, I know they were going to.

The Foreperson said there was reasonable doubt, and another Juror who was dismissed because of a transportation problem said she wished they had presented more physical evidence connecting him to the crime.
She was interviewed after the trial and said she was not surprised the trial ended the way it did.

If I can find it later, I will post it for you.

Agreed. With aging parents, kids in thousands of activities, siblings, friends, work, responsibilities, mine is always on, even while charging! The only people that turn them off at all would be what I call light users, ones that hardly use it at all, any time. But JLY made 40+ calls that morning so that doesn't qualify him as a light user!! Lol!!

I am the same age as MY and JY... and I cannot tell you one of my friends that turns their phone off or doesn't have it right next to them as an alarm clock, etc... especially if JY was a salesman and on a business trip...

again moo

We know that they had loud, long arguments ... wouldn't that suggest mutual verbal abuse?
It's only my opinion but that means they had loud, long arguments. Verbal abuse doesn't require yelling and fighting.

It is often silent and insidious...there are other forms of psychological and emotional abuse that usually run alongside verbal abuse. Withholding money, silent treatment, criticizing, gaslighting, denial, accusing, blaming, crazy-making, trivializing and...I could go on and on but I'm sure you understand.

Abuse is never about violence or anger though it can and does certainly manifest that way. It is entirely about control of another person.

http://www.counselingcenter.illinois.edu/?page_id=168

Fifteen, to answer your previous q's on Terry Tiller (NY Times carrier) and about CY being drugged.

In the original search warrant, Tiller said she saw a car at the Young home at 4-5am that day.
That did not play in the Pros timelne.
The defense called her in the last trial instead, and she said it was more like 3:30 am.
This time the Pros called her.

Cassidy being drugged is/was a theory the state presented to account for all the time
CY was alone in the home, and how she ended up staying so clean.

This was never proven, as she was never tested, and the little girl we hear on the 911 call does not sound groggy or sleepy. IMO

The other theory the state had when they issued a s/warrant for Michelle's car, was that Cassidy had been taken from the home.

I will also try to find you that link.

I have some other stuff to look up as well.

I'm still trying to process the logic, or the conversation:

I'm going to be staying at the So-n-So Inn, if you need me be sure and look for the number to call and ask the front desk clerk to ring my room or leave me a message if I'm out eating dinner .......................... opposed to pushing one button on your cell phone. ???

No considerate spouse/parent, imo, would do that when he/she has a perfectly good cell phone bought and paid for. Seriously?

It's either a control issue to be "not available", or you are doing something you don't want to get caught at - either by a poorly timed phone call .. or a ping.

THAT doesn't make any sense... if it was turned off intentionally.

All my opinion, of course ... and we DO need to wait on the cell phone records...

If I ever kill someone, I would leave the cell phone turned on and I would leave it at the hotel while I drive back to commit the murder. That way it would appear that I was at the hotel the entire night. Turning it off intentionally would not make sense. Whether JY would have been smart enough to think about that is a subject for debate.

Hopefully these words won't come back to haunt you, MrsWendy ;)

I think so, I know they were going to.

The Foreperson said there was reasonable doubt, and another Juror who was dismissed because of a transportation problem said she wished they had presented more physical evidence connecting him to the crime.
She was interviewed after the trial and said she was not surprised the trial ended the way it did.

If I can find it later, I will post it for you.

Fifteen, to answer your previous q's on Terry Tiller (NY Times carrier) and about CY being drugged.

In the original search warrant, Tiller said she saw a car at the Young home at 4-5am that day.
That did not play in the Pros timelne.
The defense called her in the last trial instead, and she said it was more like 3:30 am.
This time the Pros called her.

Cassidy being drugged is/was a theory the state presented to account for all the time
CY was alone in the home, and how she ended up staying so clean.

This was never proven, as she was never tested, and the little girl we hear on the 911 call does not sound groggy or sleepy. IMO

The other theory the state had when they issued a s/warrant for Michelle's car, was that Cassidy had been taken from the home.

I will also try to find you that link.

I have some other stuff to look up as well.

Thanks Cammy! You don't need to look these up for me! In reading yesterdays thread, I was just surprised that it sounded like fact that Cassidy was drugged. And I missed what the NY times lady testified to.

I am the same age as MY and JY... and I cannot tell you one of my friends that turns their phone off or doesn't have it right next to them as an alarm clock, etc... especially if JY was a salesman and on a business trip...

again moo

I'm also around the same age. I don't turn mine off, but I don't always have it near me either (I don't sleep with it next to me, my alarm clock is my spouse/daughter)

I'm still trying to process the logic, or the conversation:

I'm going to be staying at the So-n-So Inn, if you need me be sure and look for the number to call and ask the front desk clerk to ring my room or leave me a message if I'm out eating dinner .......................... opposed to pushing one button on your cell phone. ???

No considerate spouse/parent, imo, would do that when he/she has a perfectly good cell phone bought and paid for. Seriously?

It's either a control issue to be "not available", or you are doing something you don't want to get caught at - either by a poorly timed phone call .. or a ping.

THAT doesn't make any sense... if it was turned off intentionally.

All my opinion, of course ... and we DO need to wait on the cell phone records...

Jason didn't check into the hotel until close to 11, and talked to Michelle after that, and he already had dinner.

Phone records will be important, lst time they were not clear ar all.

It's only my opinion but that means they had loud, long arguments. Verbal abuse doesn't require yelling and fighting.

It is often silent and insidious...there are other forms of psychological and emotional abuse that usually run alongside verbal abuse. Withholding money, silent treatment, criticizing, gaslighting, denial, accusing, blaming, crazy-making, trivializing and...I could go on and on but I'm sure you understand.

Abuse is never about violence or anger though it can and does certainly manifest that way. It is entirely about control of another person.

http://www.counselingcenter.illinois.edu/?page_id=168

Did the psychologist mention other forms of abuse, or just verbal abuse? It's hard to imagine two people having long, loud arguments and only one of them using cutting remarks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member