State vs. Jason Lynn Young 2-22-2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They said all these downer type things about the Scott Peterson prosecutor as well. He was up against a high-flying, media savvy opponent, who played to everyone. They just weren't prepared for the TRUTH to come in a very large, neat package, with no dramatics.

The jury saw through the facade and came back with a guilty verdict in that one.

I'm not saying they'll vote guilty on this case, but you can't read what the jurors are thinking. This is all new to them.

Let's hope whatever verdict they come to, it's the right one.

JMHO
fran

I don't agree that it was worse. Up until Spivey, I thought the prosecution was doing a much better job.

I thought the prosecution was doing a good job of presenting their circumstantial case, but they were not making solid enough connections between their evidence and Jason. At the same time, the defense is doing a good job of presenting reasonable doubt.

Amen on not knowing what a jury will do. They are quite unpredictable.

I thought there would be a hung jury in the BC case. I did not expect a conviction at all.

I expected a conviction of some kind in the CA case. Heck they didn't even charge her for littering!

And let's not even discuss the OJ case. That outcome was just painful.

You speak the truth. From most sure to least sure of a conviction, I would have said Casey Anthony, Jason Young, then Brad Cooper. Yet in the end, it was the exact reverse order.

I think that was only to prove that Jason had access to retirement funds and lines of credit to pay a lawyer for custody dispute.

So, that was it!!!....Good thinking, Otto.

I remember theories it would show Jason paid an accomplice.

Last thing, I promise. Who wants to bet that if he is acquitted, he and his family will find the $$ to get that poor little girl back!

I want to say that yes! I am being a Debbie Downer! Not because I need an AHA! moment , but because after CA, I am worried that jurors do.

I know how you feel. When I hear the word Pinellas I get post-traumatic stress. I can still literally HEAR my heart DROP when Covergirl Karen read the verdicts. But this isn't that jury. Let's hope they aren't as inept as the infamous Pinellas 12!

Well I have to clean myself up, and head out to 'Spirit Night' for the grandson's school. :) Rah Rah Rah! Thank goodness those three little boys will definitely cheer up old granny. Cuz I can use some *cheering*. Hope I don't miss the 'new evidence'.

I understand NCEast, I also know you are a local and it makes it that much more real for you. I know many of the people that are disappointed and "defeated" at this point are local and you are right to be critical as this your own legal system; these are your elected officials! It's personal, this case, for many people here. Myself included even though I am not local. I have followed this case since the first day here on WS. I came back to this thread, month after month, hoping and praying there would be an arrest; so many months went by and I swear their were COBWEBS in Michelle's thread! But then he was arrested. I followed the trial (as much as I could because I was so consumed with Caylee's) and although I was disappointed in the hung jury I was hopeful that the second go around would be better. We are not looking at this case with fresh eyes. We are looking at this case with eyes that want to see a wife/baby killer get his booty nailed to the wall. We have POURED over evidence, debated about fax versus printout, blown up pictures of tiny bloody footprints. This jury is seeing this all for the first time. In the Caylee case, we saw nothing new because we had been reading all the documents all along! Everyone just take a deep breath, Michelle and her baby are looking down on this one, and I believe their voices will be heard this time.

These were my thoughts exactly. I am looking at it with fresh eyes because I have not followed the case and I am not familiar at all with the first trial. In my judgement the pros did not do a bad job and I personally think the DT lawyer is pretty slick and comes off as slick and not in a good way.

Everything is slow for you guys that have been here from the first because you already know the answers. I am hoping this time the truth will be served and justice will come. jmo

I know how you feel. When I hear the word Pinellas I get post-traumatic stress. I can still literally HEAR my heart DROP when Covergirl Karen read the verdicts. But this isn't that jury. Let's hope they aren't as inept as the infamous Pinellas 12!
I'm right there with you, on both points. We shall see. It's not over until the jury votes.

They said all these downer type things about the Scott Peterson prosecutor as well. He was up against a high-flying, media savvy opponent, who played to everyone. They just weren't prepared for the TRUTH to come in a very large, neat package, with no dramatics.

The jury saw through the facade and came back with a guilty verdict in that one.

I'm not saying they'll vote guilty on this case, but you can't read what the jurors are thinking. This is all new to them.

JMHO
fran

Fran, Your posts always draw me back into the real world. Thanks:)

Quick question for you LE experts.. If JY is found guilty and sent to prison, what happens if the owner of the unidentified prints is arrested and fingerprinted. Are these (unidentified) prints in some type of electronic database and match automatically? <- I'm picturing CSI Miami stuff here.

We have a verified lawyer contributing to this thread. Please go to the thread designated for legal questions. Gritguy will answer your question as soon as he's able.

hth
fran

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7623147&highlight=gritguy#post7623147

I think you also have to keep in mind (note I did not watch the first trial) is that this is the 2nd go round and the first time he almost got off (8-4 NG). So there is already precedent in a way of the jury going the wrong way in this case.

JMHO
fran

Fran-

I was SO SURE Strawberry Shortcake (aka Richelle Nice) was going to be pro-Scott because the talking heads all kept talking about how she was so interested and focused on Geragos, smiling at him etc. She turned out to be so staunchly against Scott!

ETA: I also thought Scott was going to walk. But Laci and Connor's voices were heard.

These were my thoughts exactly. I am looking at it with fresh eyes because I have not followed the case and I am not familiar at all with the first trial. In my judgement the pros did not do a bad job and I personally think the DT lawyer is pretty slick and comes off as slick and not in a good way.

Everything is slow for you guys that have been here from the first because you already know the answers. I am hoping this time the truth will be served and justice will come. jmo
I'm looking at it with fresh eyes too because it's my first JY trial, and the PT were doing all right, even though they seemed to lack a cohesiveness. But today, If this is all they have wrt showing the jury Jason's prior testimony, it was a huge mistake to show it.

IMO

I see no reason for anyone to give up.

Yesterday, the Pros had a good day, and we knew the defense would come back strong.

We still have closing arguments, and we still have the defense case yet to go.

Thousand bucks says we will never see Jason on the stand again.

Judge talking outside of the Jury now.

I just lost audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads