State vs. Jason Lynn Young 2-22-2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so painful. Couldn't they have just played the direct testimony, omitting the cross? This hurts Becky's credibility to this jury.

This is ridiculous, all she's doing is having him repeat testimony during direct.

From what I recall she only has one effective line of questioning when she prefaces with "Were you working on your marriage when" Coming soon

This is so painful. Couldn't they have just played the direct testimony, omitting the cross? This hurts Becky's credibility to this jury.

I agree, playing this part does nothing to help the PT here. Maybe they are forced to play the thing in it's entirety.

Im sure they have watched this cross over and over! I wonder if they will let her do it again if he takes the stand. I wouldnt!!! moo

I think this cross is probably used by law schools across the nation as to how NOT TO cross examine an alleged murderer. :maddening:

PT asked 'do you remember being at your apt in charlotte?

JLY No maam.

PT You don't remember ever being at your apt in Charlotte?

JLY I'm sorry, I answered before you finished your question, please continue. (paraphrased)

Based on this pathetic cross performance alone, BH should have been pulled from the retrial.

BH should have been spanked by CW after this terrible job. Then forced to write on a white board 500 times, "I will learn how to do a proper cross exam," then forced to watch hours of video of great female prosecutors doing cross exams (Linda Drane Burdick, Kelly Siegler, etc), then sent to a speech therapist/coach to learn not to say ''ummm...ummm..uhh.."

Maybe she shouldn't have been chosen for the first trial and/or the re-trial. It sure is hard to listen to her. Give me LDB any day over this one.

Long time following this case...Oh my, this is like watching Legally Blond... no ill regard to R. Witherspoon!

That's no excuse. As a prosecutor you should always be prepared for the defendant to testify.

To be fair no one had heard anything from JY about anything. SO BH had exactly one lunch break to prepare to cross examine. I still wish the judge had called an early close to court that day and let BH do her cross the next morning.

JY appears to have had the upper hand throughout this entire cross examination. He is the force, he has the last word about everything BH asks, he corrects her, she isn't bearing down on him whatsoever or following through with her line of questioning. I think listening and watching this time makes me more angry than it did the first time. Last year I continued to think there will be a big bang coming--and it never did. Sure hope the prosecution has worked out all the kinks and will kick his butt regarding his testimony this go round.

If my spouse had been murdered by some unknown assailant...and if I were on the stand talking about fights that we had. I would be mortified testifying how angry I was with him. I would be heart broken that the love of my life was gone forever and the memories that I have are arguments. I see that JY still blames her for all of these arguments.

I wonder what this jury is thinking right now! I pray the PT has something really good up their sleeves, IMO.

Ya know, regardless of how "badly" we think she's doing, Jason's lies are still his lies. He makes it sooooooooo hard to believe him. jmt

Notice the difference between direct and cross. During direct, Jason's speech was stilted. In cross, he is not regurgitating rehearsed fake responses, and so his speech flows like a normal person's.

And notice how he's subtly getting agitated with Becky, you can hear the veiled snarl in his responses from time to time. And he's STILL ANGRY WITH MICHELLE over stupid crap like who rode with who and she lied about a message! This is so insane.

Based on this pathetic cross performance alone, BH should have been pulled from the retrial.

I agree. She must have a previous track record that is brilliant, otherwise I can't understand why/how she was ever put on this case to begin with. She is very, very weak.

Hindsight being 20-20, David Saacks should have handled this cross.
A man to man encounter would have been much been more effective.
Jay is a pro at dominating and controlling women...including BH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member