State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-27-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would think a 28 year old woman would die of NATURAL causes??? Most people might think accident, such as a car accident, but natural causes??? That is suspicious in and of itself.

PY may have been nervous about something, but I doubt it was because she thought jy might be considered a suspect in MY's murder, because at that point, py thought she died from natural causes. According to her.

Well, what we learned this morning:

1) State Trooper Hicks testified it was an accident.
2)Jennifer Sproles called to say Jason was "normally nervous"
3) Keith Patterson called to show dropped calls
4)Gerald McIntyre called to state events of the day of learning of MY's murder
5)Joe McCracken called to mostly describe trip back and the fact they did
not eat at Applebee's.

I would think Heather and Pat wil be up soon.
I have no idea what else the defense has for the next 3 days,
Anyone?

I didn't think that Sproles had ever met Jason before 11/3/06.

I seem to recall the witness, McCracken, testify that Jason Young prepared the q/c deed for him. Jason prepared the deed, for McCracken. Are you saying McCracken does not qualify as "another person"?

And I completely agree with your assertion that you can do your own legal work. No question about that.

So tell me how Jason avoids McCracken being deemed "another person".

To the other poster, just because you can download something from the internet doesn't mean..... anything.

Like I said, it's preparation of a form. It's filling in the blanks. That's not practice of law. Sounds to me like Jason said "hey, you know you can do it this way, on your own, right?" You won't find any attorney that argues that getting a quit claim deed is unlawful practice. Seriously, it's an easy way to transfer property. You just put in the information, and get it notarized. There's no law practice to it. But maybe you should put this question in the legal questions thread, since you don't believe it.

Yep!! When I divorced my ex I filled out the papers myself... Paid 185 and got a court date..Really easy...

I think that is quite common, especially if both parties agree on everything. It does not take a scientist to fill out most legal forms to be filed.I think you probably saved yourself a couple thousand dollars by doing it yourself. Attorneys don't want you to because it is money out of their pockets.

Who has Michelles' little girl. If this jury goes for NG, does Jason get custody?

Well, what we learned this morning:

1) State Trooper Hicks testified it was an accident.
2)Jennifer Sproles called to say Jason was "normally nervous"
3) Keith Patterson called to show dropped calls
4)Gerald McIntyre called to state events of the day of learning of MY's murder
5)Joe McCracken called to mostly describe trip back and the fact they did
not eat at Applebee's.

I would think Heather and Pat wil be up soon.
I have no idea what else the defense has for the next 3 days,
Anyone?

I still think, if it does end up taking 4 days, that jy may be taking the stand again. Here's what I'm trying to figure out... what new testimony has come in, that jy didn't testify to in the 1st trial, that would give him the need to take the stand and explain away???

What mother would think that their son could murder his wife?? Unless, of course, the mother knew her son could have and would have.

I didn't say that she would have thought JY committed the murder. She would have assumed that as the spouse, JY would at least be a suspect until he could be ruled out.

PY may have been nervous about something, but I doubt it was because she thought jy might be considered a suspect in MY's murder, because at that point, py thought she died from natural causes. According to her.

She thought MY died of natural causes?! I guess she definitely didn't have all the information then. I think she will probably testify again so will be interesting to see what she says.

I have not followed this case completely all along, I have checked in and out but have spent the last week or so catching up. I think there are far too many coincidences for Jason not to have committed this crime. Others more eloquent then I have gone into them. Jason's lawyers seem very effective however and the Prosecution is a little too bumbling in my opinion. Why so much whispering etc? I hope that the jury looks past how the case is presented and looks at the big puzzle of circumstantial evidence. All that they need to convict Jason is there imho.

I usually feel badly for the family of the suspect in any of these cases but if his family did cast blame on MF and did in fact keep MF and LF from CY, I find that inexcusable.

I continue to question how these men think that killing their spouse is an intelligent move and how they think they will get away with it. It makes me so sad for our country.

i am so grateful that CY has MF in her life and will grow up knowing how much she is and was loved and wanted by her mother.

I didn't say that she would have thought JY committed the murder. She would have assumed that as the spouse, JY would at least be a suspect until he could be ruled out.

Didn't they think MY died of NATURAL causes? Why would JY be a suspect in a natural cause death?

Didn't they think MY died of NATURAL causes? Why would JY be a suspect in a natural cause death?

I saw another post about that and didn't realize that they thought MY died of natural causes. What were they told when they were notified of her death? Seems weird that they would just be told that she died and not that she was murdered, since it was so obviously a murder.

As far JY reaction at his parents house and drive back home......
I recently got a phone call from my sister that my mother had passed...although she was in hospice, I asked many questions..where was my dad, was she alone, what time did she pass, HOW etc. My daughter was visiting at the time and her and I rushed to pack, called my husband, made arrangements for my dogs, house etc and were on the road within the hour. I was distraught and highly doubt anyone would call me nervous. I drove straight to my parents home(over 4 hour drive) to be with my dad and would never have stopped, not even for a bathroom break. Aside from I wanted to be with my dad knowing he must be upset...stopping for any reason would have seemed disrespectful in a sense. Everyone reacts differently they say...yes, but urgency and questions about family seem natural to me. JMO

She thought MY died of natural causes?! I guess she definitely didn't have all the information then. I think she will probably testify again so will be interesting to see what she says.

HYM and PY thought possible hemorrhage, or a miscarriage.... according to their testimony in the 1st trial. Also, PY said the only info they had at that point was MF said it was bloody.

Unfortunately, they were right, but not in the the way you mentioned - she was bludgeoned to death and the baby did die right along with his mother.

HYM and PY thought possible hemorrhage, or a miscarriage.... according to their testimony in the 1st trial. Also, PY said the only info they had at that point was MF said it was bloody.

I didn't think that Sproles had ever met Jason before 11/3/06.

No, she didn't.
But, she would be the first person that Jason would see, if you think he killed Michelle.
Crap, I just remembered I wanted the defense to ask her if she saw any scratches on him.
Get back here, Collins.

Who would think a 28 year old woman would die of NATURAL causes??? Most people might think accident, such as a car accident, but natural causes??? That is suspicious in and of itself.

That maybe she had a miscarriage or that she fell?

:confused:

I still think, if it does end up taking 4 days, that jy may be taking the stand again. Here's what I'm trying to figure out... what new testimony has come in, that jy didn't testify to in the 1st trial, that would give him the need to take the stand and explain away???

Nothing that I can see..
His attorneys are doing so well, I think he would be crazy to chance it.

Because, by the time they got back to Raleigh, Ryan called Jason to tell him that they were asking disturbing questions about him.

When they were in Brevard, they did not have these details, that is why to think PY was nervous makes little sense, imo.

They were still trying to figure things out.....

As far JY reaction at his parents house and drive back home......
I recently got a phone call from my sister that my mother had passed...although she was in hospice, I asked many questions..where was my dad, was she alone, what time did she pass, HOW etc. My daughter was visiting at the time and her and I rushed to pack, called my husband, made arrangements for my dogs, house etc and were on the road within the hour. I was distraught and highly doubt anyone would call me nervous. I drove straight to my parents home(over 4 hour drive) to be with my dad and would never have stopped, not even for a bathroom break. Aside from I wanted to be with my dad knowing he must be upset...stopping for any reason would have seemed disrespectful in a sense. Everyone reacts differently they say...yes, but urgency and questions about family seem natural to me. JMO

I'm terribly sorry for you. You sound like a wonderful, loving daughter.

Alright Jim, I pulled my statute book off the shelf for this, so I hope it's helpful:

To constitute the practice of law, within the prohibition of this section, it is necessary that the person charged with its violation shall have customarily or habituatlly held himself out to the public as a lawyer, or that he has demanded compensation for his services as such. State v. Bryan

It is not the purpose and intent of this section to make unlawful all activities of lay person which come within the general definition of practice law. State v. Pledger

Although the North Carolina courts apparently have not addressed the issue, most courts have concluded that although a non-attorney may not create a document for another person, or advise on how the document should be prepared, merely typing or scrivening (filling in) a petition or legal document for another person does not constitute the practice of law. This distinction has been made in dealing with petition preparers. In re Lazaurs Bankr.

This section was not enacted for the purposes of conferring upon the legal profession an absolute monopoly in the preparation of legal documents. State v. Pledger

If one does not hold the defendant out as an attorney or having a law degree, then preparation of a letter does not constitute a "legal document." State v. Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie