State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-28-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the 'of course' comment?

IMO it's not whether or not he NEVER smoked a cigar as much as it is the ONE TIME he wants us to believe he DID smoke one just happened to be THE NIGHT his wife was brutally murdered and it's his reason for exiting the hotel he was staying at that particular night.

A juror can be convinced that he both smoked a cigar when he said he did and murdered MY that night. The two are not exclusive IMO.

What was the 'of course' comment?

IMO it's not whether or not he NEVER smoked a cigar as much as it is the ONE TIME he wants us to believe he DID smoke one just happened to be THE NIGHT his wife was brutally murdered and it's his reason for exiting the hotel he was staying at that particular night.

Exactly. Either you say of course it makes sense to go outside in freezing weather out a back entrance to smoke a cigar in high wind when you do not regularly smoke, and the camera happens to get unplugged then, or you say it's a farce to believe that happened and you propped your upstairs hotel room open to do it! :what:

Well, it's taking a while but I believe that Mr. Cummings is showing that Mrs. Young does not know her little imp like she came across in direct testimony. The whole talking with Mom about marital "relations" remains pure icky.

That, and she said she does not consider verbal violence to be domestic violence, correct? Please correct me if I misunderstood that.

Yes, she said that. However, I think a lot of people feel that way, so I felt she was being honest. I think she was being apprehensive as well (in this entire line of questioning) because she didn't know what HC had up his sleeve. Reminds me of when I'm busting one my kid in a lie and he is not wanting to divulge anything that I may not know about.

WOW! So he was in the 9th grade when he mooned his granny.... Something a young teen would do...

No young teen in my family. That type of disrespectful behavior should be reserved for people who may appreciate it.

Seems she has selective memory when talking about her sons various sex partners.

I guess it could be difficult to keep them all straight.....but she's not wanting to admit they exist at all!

I agree with you. However, I wouldn't be proud of it as his mother.

I dont see it as her being proud.... I think she told the story to show how he was a jokester.... My mom has told a story about me doing something dumb... She laughed but she was not proud.....

Seems she has selective memory when talking about her sons various sex partners.

Why would she want to have a good memory about any of that? She probably didn't approve of JY's cheating(or even know about it) but there was nothing she could do about it.

Successful in achieving what? The jury has already heard about JY's violent episode. Making the mom talk about it(since JY is an adult and she doesn't have control over him) is unnecessary.

In response to yesterday's direct when asked if JY had been exposed to DV. She answered no, but that's not correct. He was directly "involved" in DV with GC.

I'm sure the DT will come back though to clear up (she will say she thought the original question was did he ever witness it (only) - not that he was involved in it. Regardless, it still brings JY's violent history back to the minds of the jurors.

Definitely agree on the PY lack of empathy for MY - someone mentioned the "of course" comment, I thought it was telling too.

However, the State contested the cigar story when they did not have to IMO. People may smoke cigars on occassion a few times a year - alone or in a group smoke, for any number of reasons or no reason. You don't have to be a "cigar smoker" to smoke a cigar on occassion. That JD never witnessed him smoking a cigar is not indicative that JY never did, and an easy pin to sink. I am sure the DT loves these set-ups. As a juror I would just need one small indication (i.e. humidor, receipt from smoke shop, witness), aside from JY's testimony to dismiss the State's contention on this and at the same time make me wonder what other claims are embellished or not supported. State should stick to the evidence its sure of.

Is the family saying he had a humador? sorry I'm at work so I'm following along here...seems odd that wouldn't have come up in the last trial..

I see what you're saying but I think most people who are an occasional cigar smoker, does so with a group of guys at a get together. The fact the JY detested all smoking and he had never had one on one of the multiple guy outings that someone might partake in it, yet (another coincidence) that he chooses that night, a very windy night and no other cigar materials were found, nor did any of his clothes, luggage, etc smelled of smoke is a bit suspect...and you would think that type of infrequent smoker would not have a humador unless given as a gift or passed down to them.

I hope the PT asks one of the guy friends if he was ever offered a cigar from his humador...

I do not think the cigar smoking is necessary to believe he could have killed MY. OI think we should spend more time on other things. MOO

I guess it could be difficult to keep them all straight.....but she's not wanting to admit they exist at all!

I've heard his BIL and S HM say the relationship was like any other. It hardly was so. It was full of strife and JY's ceaseless efforts to tag any woman, anytime, anywhere. So he lied to them, no surprise. He blamed MY for not enough sex, but did not, I guess, own up to his issues. Color me not shocked.

I dont see it as her being proud.... I think she told the story to show how he was a jokester.... My mom has told a story about me doing something dumb... She laughed but she was not proud.....

My perception of the laugh was - oh, he's so cute and funny isn't he? Not, oh I wanted to kill him and that is definitely not something is considered funny in this family. He was taught to respect his grandmother.

A juror can be convinced that he both smoked a cigar when he said he did and murdered MY that night. The two are not exclusive IMO.

Don't think I said they were exclusive, but I doubt he took the time to smoke that night and I definitely believe he murdered Michelle.

Guys usually talk to their dad's about the sexual issues (if they discuss it with anyone). Ma Young had to become Pa Young after JY's father died. So, I can see him discussing it with her. The icky thing is he discussed it with everyone.

Why would she want to have a good memory about any of that? She probably didn't approve of JY's cheating(or even know about it) but there was nothing she could do about it.

She doesn't have to remember it for very long! Maybe she considers the sexcapades as part of his impishness....

Well, it's taking a while but I believe that Mr. Cummings is showing that Mrs. Young does not know her little imp like she came across in direct testimony. The whole talking with Mom about marital "relations" remains pure icky.

Didn't he do the same thing with Michelle's mom? I have no sound at work today so just following along. Work interferes with my trials!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487