State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-28-12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was in a news article this morning, is this true?

I would think it is. It is too easily disputed if not true. I can't imagine lying about that to be honest. I have no proof of it though.

I do think it is incumbent on the prosecution, as well as the defense, to discredit any testimony that is detrimental to their respective positions. It's important to uncover any inconsistencies for the jury, you can then leverage that in your closing.

Is the longest, most pointless cross-exam in history? I cannot imagine what the jurors are thinking at this point.

Can't wait to get Beth Karas's take on this tonight on HLN!

Not entirely sure of this line of questioning, but if JY does not get back on the stand, this may be as close as the PT gets, so they better make the most of it. During the first trial the PT got a lot flak from posters because they were too easy on the defense witnesses, you can't have it both ways, I think they are trying their best.

Absolutely and IMHO PY set herself up for this because she should of been honest from the beginning, if she did not like MY then just say it, lots of mother in laws don't like their daughter in laws. The PT has to impeach her testimony, it was not completely truthful. The PT has not even raised his voice, his lack of excitement IMHO comes in handy at this time.

Giving anyone's mom a hard time never goes well with juries. That goes both ways too. MOO

Denying the Fisher's access to CY was very detrimental to JY.

I agree. I think everyone was relieved that Mrs. Cooper wasn't cross examined in that trial.

Is the longest, most pointless cross-exam in history? I cannot imagine what the jurors are thinking at this point.

Pointless?? Jurors are probably thinking that mommy painted a fairy tale story yesterday about her impish son.......

Now do you tie your shoes in the morning? Do you make yourself breakfast? Your husband doesn't hear well does he. How many trees do you have in your yard? What's your favorite pet? Do you prefer Eastern or Western Carolina BBQ?

My goodness this is painful.

I can't speak for the jurors but I know what her testimony is telling me and what I'm thinking at this point.

I see nothing wrong with asking her about Jason's affairs after the wonderful picture of him she's tried to paint for this jury. Either she thinks his behavior was acceptable or she should be able to admit there were problems in their marriage.

Maybe, except we just found out that PY was not aware of any of it until the trial.

Did prosecution ask PY all of these questions in the first trial?

Ma Young can go head first with the best of them. I doubt this will make JY back off testifying. MOO

I agree. I think everyone was relieved that Mrs. Cooper wasn't cross examined in that trial.

Huh? Mrs. Cooper was grilled by HC. He accused her of withholding the information on the ducks so that his witnesses could "parade through here looking like a bunch of liars."

Unless you're talking about Mrs. Rentz?

I keep waiting for BH to pull HC down by the coattails and sit him down.

Yes, it is a sad state of affairs for the prosecution when we are nearing the longest cross exam of the whole trial with the mother of the defendant.

I agree... Makes the PT look as if they have nothing so they have to keep going & going till they get something... Hmmm!!

Huh? Mrs. Cooper was grilled by HC. He accused her of withholding the information on the ducks so that his witnesses could "parade through here looking like a bunch of liars."

Unless you're talking about Mrs. Rentz?

Yes, I was talking about Mrs. Rentz and typed Cooper. Doh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarlaJCarl