State vs Jason Lynn Young 6-10-11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Linda calls again at 2:52.....went to VM again.

Defense is showing he never checked VM for her calls and thus didn't realize there was an emergency.

2 week call pattern to mommy
=============================
10-15-06---5 calls
10-16---9
10-18-..5
10-19....6
10-20....3
10-24...10
10-26....5
10-28...3
10-30...1
10-31...1
11-1...1
11-2....6
11-3....28

Good gosh! Reverse helicopter parenting.

If he had caller ID he would see multiple calls from the same person...his mother in law. He'd have to have known something was amiss, esp. if she didn't normally call him.

I see 2 phone calls from my mother on my cell caller ID, in rapid succession and then see a call from another relative...I'm thinking, "Oh noo..who died?"

7:48 ..to MF's VM (pick up purse printout and get cassie)
7:49...to MM

This judge gives them about an hr for lunch... I like that. Doesn't waste as much time.

BTW, do the jurors get a stipend that includes payment for a lunch?

This judges gives them about an hr for lunch... I like that. Doesn't waste as much time.

It depends on the length of the trial how much money the stipend is for, but the amount is minimal either way. It goes up significantly either after 4 weeks or 6, I can't remember. Usually it's enough for parking, maybe a drink, but probably not parking and a full lunch.

Found the specifics:
Yes. You will receive $12 for the first day you serve. $20 for days two - five; and if you serve for more than 5 days, you will be paid $40 for everyday after the first five days. The Clerk of Court will issue your jury payment within a few days of your jury service. Jurors may choose to waive payment for their service and donate the money back to the State of North Carolina. Jurors wishing to do so should notify the Jury Clerk when they check in for service.

I do think it goes up again after 4 weeks, but I'm not sure??

remind me to not try to keep up with two trials at once the next time please. my head is spinning. also trying to deal with r/l med. emergency.

Now that I see how tedious it is for jurors in a case I no longer am interested in being a juror (I've never gotten called). I really don't have the patience and would be held in contempt saying things like, "for G-d's sake, would you just get to the POINT already?"

This judge gives them about an hr for lunch... I like that. Doesn't waste as much time.

I received $12 per day in 2006 in Wake county for a short trial.

Oddly enough...just got my first jury summons
I need to appear 7-18-11...juror #218

I certainly hope the jury believed Gracie. But I am utterly amazed at how different you guys are treating her testimony versus RZs testimony in the BC trial.

I didn't see the testimony of the gas clerk this morning, but if the testimonies of some of the witnesses in the Nancy Cooper case were easily dismissed, even though one of them seemed very sure that she had seen Nancy, then a testimony that was unsure and described Jason as 5'2" will probably not be taken seriously or given much credit. I think we can assume that this testimony will not be viewed as a tipping point in the verdict.

Colin probably heard about me and thought I would be good for his side:crazy:

i could picture Just the Fax being like Matlock while on the jury. lol they BETTER sequestor him as a matter of fact they better lock him in a room and only let him out to sit in the trial. add some chains and one of those balls so he can't escape and do some research on his own.

Oddly enough...just got my first jury summons
I need to appear 7-18-11...juror #218

JTF, you just need to print your posts from WS and present them to the judge. You'll be dismissed in the blink of an eye. :crazy:

I didn't see the testimony of the gas clerk this morning, but if the testimonies of some of the witnesses in the Nancy Cooper case were easily dismissed, even though one of them seemed very sure that she had seen Nancy, then a testimony that was unsure and described Jason as 5'2" will probably not be taken seriously or given much credit. I think we can assume that this testimony will not be viewed as a tipping point in the verdict.

She actually said "he was a little taller than me" and then said she was 5'0".

She actually said "he was a little taller than me" and then said she was 5'0".

He's something like 6'2" or 6'4", so that's head and shoulders above 5' or 5'2". I see that as a problem in identification. Height difference of about a foot should not be an uncertain fact.

So grateful for the minute by minute. Actually have been in NC for a week and a half. It will be interesting to hear defense

Since we can't see the video, now might be a good time to repost some of he house photos

MYHouse.jpg

The numbers represent the path that I think Jason took when entering the house

MichelleYoungFloorPlan2.jpg

Front Elevation

MYHouseFrontElevation.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online