State vs Jason Lynn Young 6-16-11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That last bit of questioning seemed circular. The defense was trying to make the point that police did not provide the witness with a photo lineup. The question was about why the witness was not shown a photo lineup and the answer was that when the witness was first interviewed, she was not shown a photo lineup but identified the witness using one photo, so the second time the witness was interviewed it would be unnecessary to show her a photo lineup because she had already identified the witness ... even though it was done without a photo lineup.

I don't see what the big deal is about showing her a photo line up. Purchasing gas is not a crime, it's not like she was trying to ID a guy that robbed a store.

I don't see what the big deal is about showing her a photo line up. Purchasing gas is not a crime, it's not like she was trying to ID a guy that robbed a store.

I think it comes down to standards for accuracy in witness identification. If witnesses are shown one photo, it's probably more likely that they could modify their memories to agree with the photo that police are showing them. If a minimum of six photos of similar people are shown to the witness, the witness actually has to identify the specific person. Given that witness identification is known to have problems, I would tend to agree with the defense on this one in that the witness should have been shown a lineup of photos.

sbibootrev.jpg

:floorlaugh: :lol:

<snort> Thanks for that one!!

bordem, we only know he was wearing leather shoes at the HI.
What he was wearing with his business attire later that day has never been confirmed.
All we know is the HP shoes were not in the home or in Brevard when they searched 2/08.

235940-1-1.jpg

Yep, that's about what I thought....Who knows? :waitasec:

Thanks for your help, here, JTF.

Yes indeed, traveler -- apparently JS didn't think so either when he allowed the evidence to be shown at trial -- he made this ruling a few weeks before the trial began.

Hi guys,

Do you know when their lunch break started? I missed this morning and I'm anxious to hear some testimony...

Thanks!

Hi guys,

Do you know when their lunch break started? I missed this morning and I'm anxious to hear some testimony...

Thanks!

They were due back in court at 2:00, so any minute now.

I am out...can someone post basic info this afternoon as it happens?

Thomas Ria (sp?) from Hush Puppie Corporation

HP Orbital was made specifically for DSW Shoe Warehouse and was not sold to any other chain.

No cross.

Regarding the single hair... is it out of the realm of possibility that Michelle could have picked up a hair on her clothing at any time prior to her murder, and as she was getting undressed, perhaps removing jewelry one night, it fell off onto that picture frame? A single unidentified hair in the bedroom doesn't concern me too much.

Doesn't concern me much either - given JYs track record for having women in the house while Michelle was away and the fair amount of people who often came and spent time at their house, (i.e. the sorority sisters), there are reasonable explanations for the hair. For that matter there are reasonable explainations for the DNA profiles found on the jewelry box as well. What doesn't make me sense to me is why JYs and MYs was not found on the jewelry box.

Rut roh - here comes the swallowed rings owner. :D

Carol Ann Sowerby, has known JY since she was 6-7 years old. Crying from the moment she was sworn in as a witness. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scyna0895