Stephen Powell Arrested in Washington State #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to WS svfxt!

:welcome:

15 computers sets my hinky meter off the charts! It makes me wonder what the heck was going on... MOO

wm

My guess is he could not get rid of them. Even if you delete files some can stay there forever. Too dangerous to get rid of them, IMO. jmo

Couldn't SP see all this coming???? Why didn't he get rid of the evidence? Did he truly think he was above it all and the cops were really that stupid?

I would so like to be a fly on the wall in that house these days. I really can't imagine the conversations going on amongst the siblings. How could they possibly say they didn't know about the *advertiser censored*? How? Is it like women who didn't know they were pregnant? Nah...no way they didn't know. BUT, perhaps they thought it was normal..

Just a little ramble.

IMO

My guess is he could not get rid of them. Even if you delete files some can stay there forever. Too dangerous to get rid of them, IMO. jmo

If he really wanted to get rid of the computers due to what was on the hard drive, there are several ways, including physically destroying them. Still having all those computers in the house indicates, imo, that he didn't have any desire to part with them or their contents.

:)

Couldn't SP see all this coming???? Why didn't he get rid of the evidence? Did he truly think he was above it all and the cops were really that stupid?

I would so like to be a fly on the wall in that house these days. I really can't imagine the conversations going on amongst the siblings. How could they possibly say they didn't know about the *advertiser censored*? How? Is it like women who didn't know they were pregnant? Nah...no way they didn't know. BUT, perhaps they thought it was normal..

Just a little ramble.

IMO

BBM

My opinion - yes he did.

If he really wanted to get rid of the computers due to what was on the hard drive, there are several ways, including physically destroying them. Still having all those computers in the house indicates, imo, that he didn't have any desire to part with them or their contents.

:)

ITA!!!
And you just know there has to be years and years of sick stiff on them!!:sick:SP will be behind bars for a very long time and hopefully his son will too!!:maddening:

West Valley City putting full resources into ‘red hot' Powell investigation.

"The case is red hot, and we will find out what happened to Susan Powell," Winder said in an interview with KSL News Wednesday.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=17441820

LOL can they even "remove" him from the house since he is the legal owner?

I like how JP talks about his plans to move to a motel if SP gets bailed out. How is he planning to pay for the motel?

Isn't staying in a motel considered to be basically homeless?

I wondered how he'd pay for that too.

Just a little ramble.

IMO

BBM

With that one dude walking around naked I'd want to be a blind fly.

Have you joined their group? You have to do that first.

Then, I searched for two things: "Steve Powell" will pull up a bunch of stuff; and "Puyallup" will pull up the rest.

It's REALLY interesting in hindsight. He makes so many comments that could, at the very least, be considered ironic. He talks a lot about his two oldest kids (Jennifer and Josh) who have been brainwashed by religion. He absolutely obsesses over the Mormon church and his ex-wife - he hates her as much as anyone I've ever seen in a divorce. And he constantly makes sexual comments - some so graphic and disgusting, I can't believe someone didn't tell him to tone it down, a lot.

Even without hindsight, I think I would think I was reading the ramblings of a very disturbed individual.

I wonder if there is anything there that would be of interest to police and/or prosecutors.

The common denominator I have found in Steven Powell's ramblings is either you are ok b/c you are with him, or, you are lower than a snake's belly in a wagon rut because you are not. There doesn't seem to be any in-between with him. Again, I see David Koresh written all over this man. JMHO

If JP and SP really didn't know what happened to Susan, why haven't they ever included that she might have been abducted by a stranger in any of their scenarios? Why just scenarios that blame Susan for her own disappearance?

Seems to me that if my loved one disappeared and I had nothing to do with it, I would at least think that she could have been abducted by a stranger.

Or have they and not following this as closely, I just hadn't heard?

Maybe the idea is too close to reality for them?

I think that some of the revelations in court and in the recent news articles about Steve play a key role in understanding the dynamics here. The fact that he subjected his kids at young ages to *advertiser censored* is appalling! The fact that he defends it is amazing.

Also, the fact that Josh in court wants to be certain that the kids are not allowed to go to the LDS church is very telling. He is completely buying into his dad's mumbo jumbo. Josh is completely indoctornated by Steven's way of thinking that the "Mormons" are behind all of the evil in their lives. The "Mormons" have caused all of their problems.

I think Josh and his dad are really screwed up. That said, my husband was raised LDS and when he grew up and chose another way, his mom and dad (LDS) disowned him. I think religious beleifs shoud stay out of this discussion..cos I come from a LDS familiy and there are alot of skeletons in our closets.

Is anyone else troubled with Josh asking that the oldest son remain in his current school? I see two issues. If the Cox family picks him up there, the Powell's could wait in ambush to cause a disturbance or worse, and the Cox's lose custody by being within 500 ft of the Powell's at the time. My other issue is, will the school have proper guidance should JP show up to take him out of class early in the day? We already have one missing Powell.

I think Josh and his dad are really screwed up. That said, my husband was raised LDS and when he grew up and chose another way, his mom and dad (LDS) disowned him. I think religious beleifs shoud stay out of this discussion..cos I come from a LDS familiy and there are alot of skeletons in our closets.
BBM
Personal ,yes, but it's a big part of this case . Kind of hard to avoid it when it may have a lot to do with what happened to Susan.
It could be any religion ,but it just happens to be LDS in this case. JMO.

I guess what I'm trying to say is ,SP and JP made this about LDS,not the posters discussing the case. JMO

Is anyone else troubled with Josh asking that the oldest son remain in his current school? I see two issues. If the Cox family picks him up there, the Powell's could wait in ambush to cause a disturbance or worse, and the Cox's lose custody by being within 500 ft of the Powell's at the time. My other issue is, will the school have proper guidance should JP show up to take him out of class early in the day? We already have one missing Powell.

But it's a reasonable request in the child's best interest .That's how the courts look at it.
I feel certain the Cox's will make sure the school knows the drill,but mistakes happen.
I hope Josh is arrested soon.

ETA: I hear Muskrat Love every time I see your user name LOL!

But it's a reasonable request in the child's best interest .That's how the courts look at it.
I feel certain the Cox's will make sure the school knows the drill,but mistakes happen.
I hope Josh is arrested soon.

ETA: I hear Muskrat Love every time I see your user name LOL!

Why Muskrat Love? Wouldn't it be "Do it to me one more time"?

For what purpose was that noose that was found in SP’s home? Was it for autoerotic asphyxiation? Was it there to threaten someone?

Why Muskrat Love? Wouldn't it be "Do it to me one more time"?

LOL I've had several variations of the user-name over the years from Dewey_Cheatem_n_Howe to Chef_Boy_R_Dewey (see avatar) and so on. Long story but with a happy ending. :D

For what purpose was that noose that was found in SP’s home? Was it for autoerotic asphyxiation? Was it there to threaten someone?

What I found interesting was it appears that when the noose was referrenced JP knew exactly what they were talking about and produced a photo of the alleged rope with a loop in it. I do alot of DIY work around the house and keep a rope with a simple loop in the end hanging by my ladders. If someone suggested they saw a noose here, I would simply state they did not. I would have no clue which rope they were referring to.
It sounded like an admission of guilt to me. :banghead:

I have missed the report on the noose? How did that surface and what was the circumstance. Confused here. Throw in the naked and beyond confused. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaneDoeCR1990