Stephen "Twitch" Boss dead

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It really doesn’t. The article says she frantically contacted the police because his car was at home and that he never left the house without his car. Maybe she knew something that he was concerned about.

From all appearances they did look very happy, the kind of marriage that you would feel safe in sharing your deepest struggles.

I’m wondering if his financial situation changed drastically after Ellen terminated the show. He had to be making a generous income there. I didn’t realize she had made him a partner in the company in 2020.
Yeah, I wondered that. I sent this to someone earlier:

He might not have had a job and maybe had a hard time finding a new one. The last Ellen show was the end of May. Looks like he was just making TikTok vids. (That was MOO.) Excerpt from the article below:

Boss continued to reach into the homes of his fans even after the "Ellen" show ended. He and his wife, fellow professional dancer Allison Holker Boss, frequently posted videos on TikTok: the couple dancing to Lizzo; their kids dancing to a Fisher Price DJ toy.

I found that Goog'ing for what he did after the Ellen show. It just STILL feels odd since he seemed so happy mere days before. But one can never know what another man is thinking. Everyone has their secrets. I really feel for his wife and children. Especially this time of year. After typing that it made me think... this time of year can be hard on a lot of people, especially if they feel like they can't buy their family the gifts they'd like. I think they'd rather have him still around than any gift if that was the case. :(

I vividly remember his time on SYTYCD and Ellen; such a bright light. His and his wife’s TikToks were always a joy to watch. My deepest condolences to his family and friends. I hope he’s found some peace. :(

Last edited:
Suicide??????? Absolutely devastating. You know how they say sometimes once people decide they are going to kill themselves their mood picks up because of the relief they feel with the decision made? I can only imagine this is why he appeared happy on social media. I’m just sick about this. The pain he must have felt had to have been so unbearable, it must be an agony that most of us have never felt. :(:(

Yeah, I wondered that. I sent this to someone earlier:

He might not have had a job and maybe had a hard time finding a new one. The last Ellen show was the end of May. Looks like he was just making TikTok vids. (That was MOO.) Excerpt from the article below:

Boss continued to reach into the homes of his fans even after the "Ellen" show ended. He and his wife, fellow professional dancer Allison Holker Boss, frequently posted videos on TikTok: the couple dancing to Lizzo; their kids dancing to a Fisher Price DJ toy.

I found that Goog'ing for what he did after the Ellen show. It just STILL feels odd since he seemed so happy mere days before. But one can never know what another man is thinking. Everyone has their secrets. I really feel for his wife and children. Especially this time of year. After typing that it made me think... this time of year can be hard on a lot of people, especially if they feel like they can't buy their family the gifts they'd like. I think they'd rather have him still around than any gift if that was the case. :(

If he didn’t invest well, the money would eventually dry up. He may have felt overextended.

Where did she think he was when he spent the night at the hotel?

It really doesn’t. The article says she frantically contacted the police because his car was at home and that he never left the house without his car. Maybe she knew something that he was concerned about.

From all appearances they did look very happy, the kind of marriage that you would feel safe in sharing your deepest struggles.

I’m wondering if his financial situation changed drastically after Ellen terminated the show. He had to be making a generous income there. I didn’t realize she had made him a partner in the company in 2020.
He was a judge on so you think you can dance though. The most recent season just ended in August.

I am still so unbelievably sad about this. It doesn’t feel real. His smile lit up the room and he was such a joy to watch.

Someone had mentioned that he had posted a video “mere days” before his suicide but actually he had posted a dancing video where his wife appeared on TikTok literally 24 hours prior. Seemingly happy. His wife being playful and his daughter peeking into the screen. I just cannot wrap my head around this. How he could think we’d all be better off without him. This is one I won’t be able to reconcile.

I am also really much more affected by this than I'd want to be or expect to be. Dance is powerful stuff.

Allison's statement was so gracious and classy - I commend her for sharing tWitch's strengths but she had to be so completely devastated and surprised, I'm imagine.

I want to say more to discuss suicide and depression and mental health but this is not the time or place.

Or maybe it is exactly the right time and place.

Hugs to everyone, please share them.

I'm stunned...and so sad.
Me too. Hard to reconcile. At a taping of the Ellen show years back, he was so full of life and light. Buoyant with a free-flowing joy and feeding off all the energy in the room. Amazing dancer, DJ, music man - and much, much more. I couldn’t see the darkness and sadness lurking just behind the smile. He finally conceded and laid down his sword. Battle over, rest peacefully in eternity Great warrior. You fought valiantly against an invisible and fierce foe, and you have earned your sleep. Hoka Hey, great one. You will always be remembered with love and kindness. All you gave away, comes full circle. You made a difference.

Me too. Hard to reconcile. At a taping of the Ellen show years back, he was so full of life and light. Buoyant with a free-flowing joy and feeding off all the energy in the room. Amazing dancer, DJ, music man - and much, much more. I couldn’t see the darkness and sadness lurking just behind the smile. He finally conceded and laid down his sword. Battle over, rest peacefully in eternity Great warrior. You fought valiantly against an invisible and fierce foe, and you have earned your sleep. Hoka Hey, great one. You will always be remembered with love and kindness. All you gave away, comes full circle. You made a difference.
@OckhamsRazor22 - I see you are pretty new here on WS and I want to welcome you and also thank you for your words.

You never know who finds exactly what they need when you post.

Your words are simple, beautiful, and compassionate.

Indeed, the ripples of this man's life and death reach far and wide.

So sad.

I saw an article that said similar but they didn’t elaborate either. “Past struggles” sounds more like in general, maybe having to find a job again and if he hasn’t invested enough to stay afloat until he finds one. Just my thoughts because it doesn’t sound like it applies to his marriage and family. I hope he elaborated enough to make certain for his wife that it wasn’t about his personal life if it clearly was not.

Maybe when it comes to something as serious as suicide and someone genuinely giving facts and heartfelt sentiment about what occurred you could refrain from mod snipping just once. You’re a part of the shushing of the big problem that suicide has become. You have a platform. It’s shameful. I’m out.

The name didn’t register the first couple times I saw the headline. It’s like those two things (suicide and someone who made me smile so many times watching his amazing talent) would not connect in my head. Tragic. Equally tragic that we still do not prioritize mental health the way we should.

Maybe it was a bad experience from the past that he was going to be called out for. Someone who harbored anger and persevered in getting even (according to them).

Maybe it was a bad experience from the past that he was going to be called out for. Someone who harbored anger and persevered in getting even (according to them).
Who knows… I think he was just maybe a depressive kind of person… :( I am the same way. At the wrong time everything life wise can just seem overwhelming.

The name didn’t register the first couple times I saw the headline. It’s like those two things (suicide and someone who made me smile so many times watching his amazing talent) would not connect in my head. Tragic. Equally tragic that we still do not prioritize mental health the way we should.
No one knows if he sought mental health treatment or not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fangirl88
Back