Steve Irwin, The Crocodile Hunter, Is Dead

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ok sorry now I remember........hummm......must be getting late here.
I now remember someone talking here, at home, about that wreck.

Sundayrain said:
Scandi......Your apology is very complete and through. I know you have also said previously that you were sorry. I am sure everyone can shake hands now.
You did everything possible to make amends. It speaks highly of your character.
I am sure the Aussie girls are thinking it was very nice of you to come and talk about their Steve...right at this time....when it is the Eve of his Memorial.
It is times like this....when it feels so good to have people who do care along side us. ......Good friends are always there......holding ones hand.
I really feel for these girls tomorrow......it will not be an easy day.
What a kind and thoughtful post.

scandi said:
I'm sorry Narlacat, but when I write a post admitting I was wrong and that I should have counted to 10 before I wrote it, that is what should mean something.

I am not a mean person. I had no idea this thread was going to become a memorial thread to Steve. I wrote my posts only hours after we found out he was gone. And had I used my better judgement I never would have written what I did. You obviously never accepted my apology. I stated I had learned a lot of things about Steve in my reading since he died.

So now I'm starting to get PM's that I have business to take care of regarding what I said. What more could or should I do? I wrote to our Mod and asked her to please remove any posts I had written that were offensive to anyone, and also to the posts {2 in particular} where I had been quoted and the comments were in caps, and that would have to be done with that posters permission.

I am not a bad poster. I mean well. I try hard to blend in and work within the scope of the forum. I have never had a time-out or been asked to leave. I respect my fellow posters feelings. I have tried to ammend comments I made that were offensive to some posters. The Mod told me that had been done.

I have refrained from other comments I could have made that are factual but were out of place to say on this, a memorial thread. I never said anything against Bob. I was wrong about some facts and admitted that, but there was something that gave me a start, and I never even explained what it was as there was no need at that point.

So what I am really saying is I should no longer be on the spot. Please take me off of it!~

Scandi
Hi Scandi :blowkiss:

I am one Aussie who enjoys reading your posts and admire you for your grace under fire. You voiced your opinion, realised it was not the right time and you had the posts removed.

You never offended me and I am sorry I have not spoken up before. I am all about keeping the peace and I was hoping the subject would be dropped.

Now why is it that we are still talking about it, 2 bloody weeks later? Hmmmm

Sundayrain said:
Scandi......Your apology is very complete and through. I know you have also said previously that you were sorry. I am sure everyone can shake hands now.
You did everything possible to make amends. It speaks highly of your character.
I am sure the Aussie girls are thinking it was very nice of you to come and talk about their Steve...right at this time....when it is the Eve of his Memorial.
It is times like this....when it feels so good to have people who do care along side us. ......Good friends are always there......holding ones hand.
I really feel for these girls tomorrow......it will not be an easy day.
Hey Sundayrain

I absolutely agree with you and you have such an eloquent way with words.

Thanks so much for these lovely thoughts. :blowkiss:

Thank you Shelly......and JBean. I have a BIG wish that everyone would all hug and be friends....
This is a tough day for the Aussies, with Peter Brocks and Steves Memorials..
I know I will be thinking of you all today. Tonight here in the US the Memorial should be televised.....I hope it is live.....and I will be there.
Thats what friends are for.......for good times and bad times. Whatever I had to do, whatever was planned.......would just have to be cancelled.
I am sad for you..... and for his family.
Thinking of you.......It sounds like it will be so beautiful of a Memorial.
Hugs your way.......HUGGGGGGS.

Just heard Barbara Walter's is going to Australia tomorrow.
She will be doing the first interview of the family.

Pharlap said:
Just heard Barbara Walter's is going to Australia tomorrow.
She will be doing the first interview of the family.

I just saw her on The View. It will take her 48 hrs to get there and the interview (with Terry and Bindi) will be televised next Wednesday (I believe) nite at 10pm.

Animal Planet will be showing the Memorial from 9PM to 10PM ET
tonight.......it will be a same day broadcast......but, with a two hour delay. ( I so wish it was in real time)......and there will be an encore of the Memorial from 12-1AM also.( no commercials...that is big, for here in the US)
So........my Aussie friends........if there is a delay in me writing you tonight it is because of seeing this later then you will.
Unless I can find it on another channel live......and so far I am coming up without information on that.
Hugs........Sunday
angel.gif

Live Simply. Love Generously. Care Deeply. Speak Kindly.

Sundayrain said:
Animal Planet will be showing the Memorial from 9PM to 10PM ET
tonight.......it will be a same day broadcast......but, with a two hour delay. ( I so wish it was in real time)......and there will be an encore of the Memorial from 12-1AM also.( no commercials...that is big, for here in the US)
So........my Aussie friends........if there is a delay in me writing you tonight it is because of seeing this later then you will.
Unless I can find it on another channel live......and so far I am coming up without information on that.
Hugs........Sunday
angel.gif

Live Simply. Love Generously. Care Deeply. Speak Kindly.

Thanks for the heads up mate.....

This article says that the memorial will be broadcast live around the world.
The service is expected to attract around 300 million viewers.
We also have a replay here at 4.30pm.
A little under 2 hrs to wait now.......Im ready with my box of tissues.
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=143296

dingo said:
Oh Dingo, me too! :blowkiss:

I have been watching Today and I am so teary. I will be on my own watching the Memorial and I am just so sad! :(

dingo said:
Thanks for letting us know about the replay Dingo, I hadn't heard that.

OMG I hadn't heard about the empty seat! :(

Best friend and business manager John Stainton said yesterday during final preparations for the Crocodile Hunter's memorial service that the vacant seat was the "one little thing" for which he had asked "and that Terri wanted".

"His cap, his Australia Zoo cap that he always sat and wore watching all the shows with his daughter (Bindi will be on) that seat, which will stay vacant throughout the memorial."

Mr Stainton said no one knew if Terri or the couple's daughter Bindi, eight, would be capable of addressing the service, which is to begin at 9am (AEST).

The couple's other child, Bob aged two, would also be at the service.

"It'll be sad, it'll be sad," Mr Stainton said.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20442218-2,00.html

I was hoping it would be live at 4 this afternoon, and figured it would be shown on either the Animal Planet channel or FOX. Well, will have to wait until 6pm tonight.

But if I am correct, at 4pm PT the memorial service will start, so we'll have some feedback from those of you in Aussie land. I'm so anxious to know if Bindi is shown. Isn't she just one of the sweetest and alert girls you've seen. Such a big girl for being so little.

Scandi

Hi........gosh, yeah, I heard about the seat and the hat. Very teary about it.
Now I am so darn mad at myself......because I am betting that one of the kids with the satalite/dish TV's will have this right in your time frame. I hadn't given that a thought. My regular cable gives me enough to listen to ususally.........( just under the 100 channels)
but, in this case with the likes of 300 channels on those dishes. I should have thought of that before now. Daaaaaaaaa. I have still not picked up that we will have the live feed. Only so far that the Animal Channel will do the two hour delayed. I hope that Terri and Bindi hold up ok. Sometimes the strength of all those around can work wonders. Thinking of all of you........Sunday

Channel 9 is reporting live from the zoo.........people are arriving already.
Little Kostya Tziu and Greg Norman will be attending .....they are also mentioning Rusty Crowe...........bugger ..hubby is just home from work and has decided to watch something he taped....this is not good.......Ill be back after I sort this out:p

dingo said:
The empty chair will bring me undone:(
Me too. :(

If we have satellite here in the US, what channel is it that we are looking for? We've got it, but I really never watch it (the husband has it for sports) so I'm not sure what to look for.

Just thought I'd ask, otherwise I'll just wait until it's on Animal Planet.

For Our Aussie Friends
Steves Poem
The hunter had to leave us, he won't travel on our shores.
At that, the largest in the pack let out a sad, long, roar.........
The koalas had a teardrop, the dingos had some too.......the Croc's
stood at attention, as the Aussies knew they would.
The animals got silent...the jungle became still....Some leaves bent down to
touch the ground, and the flowers turned to wilt.
For the man they loved "downunder," has left his land of birth. But his heart and soul, and wisdom......remain right here on Earth.
And as the night stars came aglow the world shed many tears.
But......a whisper could be heard nearby, that rang into our ears.
"By Crikey Mates, Good Day, Good Night......"
I had to say "goodbye" .......
But, "hold my children and my wife and please don't let them cry."
And as he turned and walked away..... we felt the whole earth pray......
And in our hearts we know that.... we will meet again oneday.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back