Steven Averys Ex-Fiancée Jodi Stachowski's Interview with HLN

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jodi ate rat poison in order to be hospitalized and separated from Stephen? Yet after being in jail for her latest DUI, she went back to the trailer and to him, essentially.

I get the hold captors/predators have over victims but dude was in jail... so why continue contact with him if he's so evil?

Because often when you first try to leave an abusive relationship you are as unsteady as a toddler trying to take her first steps. You can feel splintered, fragile, and so hollow that you feel as though the wind blows right through you. Often there is a terrifying, paralyzing sense that there might not be enough left of yourself that can be redeemed, panic can set in...so you run back to your abuser, because to him you know you have, at least some value if only as his victim.

( add to that possiblity of physical pain, extreme fatigue, disorientation, ect)

PTSD can create chronic victims. It's very confusing for sure. It can be next to impossible to save yourself without a very, large, secure support network.

lyrics to "Please Don't Leave Me" by Pink;
"I forgot to say out loud, how beautiful you really are to me;
I can't live without, my perfect little punching bag;
And I need you, and I'm sorry"...

When Jodi says that Steven called all women were b****** and owed him because of the one woman who helped send him him to prison...I have no doubt that he said that.No doubt.That's all I really have to say on that subject.

When Jodi says that Steven called all women were b****** and owed him because of the one woman who helped send him him to prison...I have no doubt that he said that.No doubt.That's all I really have to say on that subject.

LF, my thoughts exactly.

I believe Jodi would of got paid for an interview no matter what she said ...she chose to actually go against popular opinion and came out with what most people don't want to hear ...I see her as brave .moo

Oh I believe it too but I think he most likely called women that before even going to prison the first time. He seems to have little or no respect for women.

But I have never understood that flawed logic although I have seen it many times. I cant comprehend anyone painting one gender as the same for what an individual did whether the person was a male or female. Surely even though he is certainly no rocket scientist he must have enough brain cells to realize all women aren't clones of each other and identically alike. That would be as illogical as thinking all males are alike.

I am an abuse survivor both in my childhood and in my first marriage but I certainly know all men aren't like my abusers. So I have never understood why any gender is lumped together. No matter the gender of someone they are each individual people.

I do believe her very much. The way she handled the abusive relationship is very much in line with other women and men who have endured the same.

I also think she hit the nail on the head when she said Avery told her women owed him. I think that is a part of why he murdered TH. He felt entitled. She was a young woman, and he seethed with hatred against all women... even women that had done nothing to him. She paid the price because of his twisted illogical rage and hatred. Imo, to him she represented the one who put him in prison the first time.

IMO

I believe Jodi would of got paid for an interview no matter what she said ...she chose to actually go against popular opinion and came out with what most people don't want to hear ...I see her as brave .moo

Yes. She got paid. (I have to wonder how much and by whom). I can't say I put any more weight on what she is saying now, than I do what she said then. ( when MAM was being filmed).

Maybe she feels she owes him one.

I don't believe she knows he killed TH. She has offered nothing that further proves that imo. I get the feeling that she wasn't very proud to throw Brendan under her bus, yet once again, he gets sacrificed, and it is blamed on SA.

If you are in an abusive situation; you walk a tightrope. If you leave, you don't know what they are up to, such as plotting to bring harm to you or your family. If you stay, you don't know when the next time will be. Once you've been abused, you try to control it, and you want to believe them, until you realize that the best you can do is protect your family, and ultimately yourself. I believe her.

After the break-up while he was in jail, I swear she was still sitting in the courtroom every day. Even the day of the jury verdict I saw her sitting there with the family. I could be wrong about who it was, but I remember being surprised it was her sitting there.

Oh I believe it too but I think he most likely called women that before even going to prison the first time. He seems to have little or no respect for women.

But I have never understood that flawed logic although I have seen it many times. I cant comprehend anyone painting one gender as the same for what an individual did whether the person was a male or female. Surely even though he is certainly no rocket scientist he must have enough brain cells to realize all women aren't clones of each other and identically alike. That would be as illogical as thinking all males are alike.

I am an abuse survivor both in my childhood and in my first marriage but I certainly know all men aren't like my abusers. So I have never understood why any gender is lumped together. No matter the gender of someone they are each individual people.

I do believe her very much. The way she handled the abusive relationship is very much in line with other women and men who have endured the same.

I also think she hit the nail on the head when she said Avery told her women owed him. I think that is a part of why he murdered TH. He felt entitled. She was a young woman, and he seethed with hatred against all women... even women that had done nothing to him. She paid the price because of his twisted illogical rage and hatred. Imo, to him she represented the one who put him in prison the first time.

IMO

You and I are on the same page concerning Steven Avery.He doesn't fool me one bit.

One more thing I want to know - Jodi mentioned in her interview that she felt so much guilt for TH's death. She states that she had spoke to SA, and he was supposed to pick her up and take her to some sort of AA type meeting. But for a reason even SHE wasn't told - they wouldn't let her out. She still to this day doesn't seem to know why during the critical mins of which she was to be picked up, that TH was at the Avery residence and she wasn't allowed to leave. She states she could have possibly prevented this whole thing from happening, yet for a reason STILL unknown, no get out of jail card that day for Jodi. Coincidence? Or was this covered and Jodi is forgetting why they wouldn't let her out during the time this all went down?

I think as an abuse victim she was afraid to speak up at the time of the trial. With his acquittal & getting out of jail after 18 years on the rape charge---she may have feared that he would be found innocent & get out of jail and come after her in this case as well. Her telling of the cancelled meeting that day Oct. 31 and her guilt, I felt very bad for her that she carries that guilt-- what if I was out that day, TH would still be alive.

One more thing I want to know - Jodi mentioned in her interview that she felt so much guilt for TH's death. She states that she had spoke to SA, and he was supposed to pick her up and take her to some sort of AA type meeting. But for a reason even SHE wasn't told - they wouldn't let her out. She still to this day doesn't seem to know why during the critical mins of which she was to be picked up, that TH was at the Avery residence and she wasn't allowed to leave. She states she could have possibly prevented this whole thing from happening, yet for a reason STILL unknown, no get out of jail card that day for Jodi. Coincidence? Or was this covered and Jodi is forgetting why they wouldn't let her out during the time this all went down?

She may just be confused. Never heard of an incarcerated individual being let out of jail to attend an AA or substance abuse meeting. Jails normally conduct those kinds of meetings for prisoners in-house, not let them out to roam around. If it hadn't happened that day it may have just occurred on a different day. If he was intent on getting this photog to his property then a different day might not have made any difference.

After the break-up while he was in jail, I swear she was still sitting in the courtroom every day. Even the day of the jury verdict I saw her sitting there with the family. I could be wrong about who it was, but I remember being surprised it was her sitting there.

I believe she mentions she was subpoenaed , and they were going to use her testimony. But she never ended up being called. That might explain that, but I can't recall seeing her at the trial in the documentary. You say "every day" , how do you know that ? were you there ? Or is that just your perception from watching the documentary ?

I am asking this respectfully, not grilling you :) Because if you were there every day, I have more questions for you!

I'm almost certain that this is not the case. Can you post a screenshot?

(modsnip)

I'm guessing he's not fooling any of them. They know he did it, they just don't think he should have been convicted by the evidence that was presented and/or they feel the court erred in not allowing the defense to specifically name other suspects. Most, if not all, defense attorneys have a strong belief in defendants needing to receive the best defense possible and feel they need to fight for the system as a whole. They are willing to fight for people they know are guilty to go free in order to preserve the justice system so that the truly innocent also go free.

I'll also add that a case that is drawing national attention is a defense attorney's dream. Most of them do mainly not so great paying court appointed work so the chance to get a lot of media attention and draw in real, high paying clients is a great opportunity.

I wanted to say that I felt bad for Jodie after watching her interview. I watched this interview with a few of my guy friends that believe SA is completely innocent. One of my friends, being an attorney, of course had to discuss this issue further. Which he made a few good points... The timing of this interview doesn't paint the best picture of Jodie. The way the interview was conducted was strange to me as well. Like someone mentioned above, there were awkward moments with the camera being on the person giving the interview the majority of the time. think people that are "pro SA" and want him released will lash out about this interview and view Jodie as a liar. Which is so sad because I do believe her, and the Netflix documentary did not give me this impression of Jodie at all. It's very brave for Jodie to speak out. I hope the timing of this interview doesn't cause problems for Jodie. Another issue that I have now is with SA's recent ex fiancé. From what I've read and based off of interviews on MAM, Sandra Greenman is one of Steven's biggest advocate. Dr. Phil is interviewing Sandra in a two-part special on Friday January 15th and Monday January 18th. Dr. Phil is apparently confronting Sandra because her views contradict what Jodie says while she is being interviewed.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...a-greenman-tells-dr-phil-hes-innocent-w161691

I just hope this doesn't cause negative attention for Jodie. She already has been through so much. But just wanted to share that Dr. Phil will be doing a two part special and will be questioning Jodie's interview by talking to Sandra.

I wanted to say that I felt bad for Jodie after watching her interview. I watched this interview with a few of my guy friends that believe SA is completely innocent. One of my friends, being an attorney, of course had to discuss this issue further. Which he made a few good points... The timing of this interview doesn't paint the best picture of Jodie. The way the interview was conducted was strange to me as well. Like someone mentioned above, there were awkward moments with the camera being on the person giving the interview the majority of the time. think people that are "pro SA" and want him released will lash out about this interview and view Jodie as a liar. Which is so sad because I do believe her, and the Netflix documentary did not give me this impression of Jodie at all. It's very brave for Jodie to speak out. I hope the timing of this interview doesn't cause problems for Jodie. Another issue that I have now is with SA's recent ex fiancé. From what I've read and based off of interviews on MAM, Sandra Greenman is one of Steven's biggest advocate. Dr. Phil is interviewing Sandra in a two-part special on Friday January 15th and Monday January 18th. Dr. Phil is apparently confronting Sandra because her views contradict what Jodie says while she is being interviewed.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...a-greenman-tells-dr-phil-hes-innocent-w161691

I just hope this doesn't cause negative attention for Jodie. She already has been through so much. But just wanted to share that Dr. Phil will be doing a two part special and will be questioning Jodie's interview by talking to Sandra.

Apples and oranges, imho.

Of course she had a different experience than Jodi. After all, she started "dating" the guy after he was convicted. Being in a relationship with someone who is in prison is much different than living with them on a day to day basis.

As for negative attention? Imho, even if SA is innocent, that does not negate that he engaged in abusive behavior. However, some, unfortunately, are black-or-white, good-or-bad, all-or-nothing, thinkers.

In other words, I suspect that yes, Jodi will likely receive more animosity as a result of that show. That is, unless this Dr. Phil guy puts their situations in perspective by pointing out the obvious disparity in these two women's experiences: one living with the man for 2 years, and another visiting him in a prison for nearly 10 years.

Apples and oranges, imho.

Of course she had a different experience than Jodi. After all, she started "dating" the guy after he was convicted. Being in a relationship with someone who is in prison is much different than living with them on a day to day basis.

As for negative attention? Imho, even if SA is innocent, that does not negate that he engaged in abusive behavior. However, some, unfortunately, are black-or-white, good-or-bad, all-or-nothing, thinkers.

In other words, I suspect that yes, Jodi will likely receive more animosity as a result of that show. That is, unless this Dr. Phil guy puts their situations in perspective by pointing out the obvious disparity in these two women's experiences: one living with the man for 2 years, and another visiting him in a prison for nearly 10 years.

Comparing someone who has lived in the same residence as Avery, to someone Avery never had an opportunity to interact with outside the context of him being in prison and unable to have any opportunity to harm, is quite a stretch imo. Watchful eyes and ears are not something that anyone in prison is unaware of.

How often do we hear "He seemed like a perfectly normal guy, until we lived together". It would be more telling to possibly hear from Avery's first wife. Honestly, I am going to guess the reason we have not heard from her, is that she likely wants to distance herself and her family from all of this. Her kids are likely more important to her than money.

Not saying there would be stories of abuse from her, but if she did say something along those lines. I honestly wouldn't be surprised. Just my opinion.

We get shades of what is possibly the real Steve Avery in the Bryan Dassey interview :
"BRYAN described STEVEN as always having a bad temper and it seemed to him that he was getting more angry about the business and activities in the yard. BRYAN said STEVEN ha... him, "He could kill someone and get away with it." BRYAN said STEVEN also made comments about stealing from people and nobody would know that he did."

So you have Steven's nephew saying something somewhat similar to what Jodi said about steve telling her he could kill her and get away with it. You have to admit the Steven that Bryan describes is consistent with the Steven that Jodi describes, in regards to their statements.

All heresay of course, but do I believe it. Yes, I do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustMe196503
Back