Steven Powell was involved in disappearance

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They had enough to arrest JP. Why didn't they? I am wondering if they believe SP murdered Susan and JP only incapacitated her. If they prosecuted JP and got a conviction could SP be charged at a later date for the same crime? It's the only possibility I can see as to why they wouldn't of arrested JP. Maybe an attorney could weigh in and answer this question. Also, I bet SP and his attorney are really wanting to know how much incriminating evidence they have on him relating to Susan's death. They would need to know this in order to know what card to play next before his trial. SP has all the brains (he thinks) how does he know JP did everything according to their plan and didn't implicate SP somehow? (I'm not saying SP is the murderer. I am just speculating as to why they would not have arrested JP)

My heart is very heavy knowing Susan's two little boys didn't have to die. I felt this way when the boys were first murdered, but now I know. Susan even warned them if she was murdered he threatened to commit suicide. How much clearer could she of painted this picture?

I can't even say what I'm feeling at the moment, it would surely get me banned for two lifetimes if I did.

So many failed Susan, Charlie and Braden it's unfathomable.

I agree. But it is going to suck if they find a map to her body, a script of how she died... and could have found it 2 years ago.
As far as computers from Susan's house...
If they were interested in doing that... they have had two years to ask people to do just that.
They've had 6 months to have someone go through the ones from Steven's house. Even if WVPD claims ignorance...
Mike Powell has worked with the FBI, he definitely knows these people. Any ideas why they haven't done it yet?

Day late and many dollars short describes the actions of WVCPD. From day 1 it was obvious that this was a DV case. We heard from Susan's friend Jennifer M. about josh's behavior, even in the beginning of their marriage. Debbie C., the child care giver, spoke of problems. I have the feeling, IF all is revealed, the anger we feel right now is nothing compared to what the full extent will be. :banghead:

I can only hope that this becomes a textbook case, that others will learn from this. While there is an author working with the Coxes, I would also like to see a clinical or scholarly writing about this case, as well. This case should be disected from many angles; psych, criminology, sociology and many other factors are at play here. I would hope that someone in Utah's legislation/governemnt would authorize a Domestic Violence Center in Susan, Charlie and Braden's names, so that others receive help. There is much to learn in what NOT to do and to lose this opportunity is senseless.

Sadly, I don't think anything would have changed what josh was determined to do to Susan but Charlie and Braden could and should have been saved. The only thing to do now is help others.

Considering that one of the first acts of this prosecutor was to shut down the dedicated Domestic Violence prosecution unit, we see the results.

Considering that one of the first acts of this prosecutor was to shut down the dedicated Domestic Violence prosecution unit, we see the results.

I hope that Susan, Charlie and Braden are included in the Silent Witness display this coming October.

West Valley City will be observing Domestic Violence Awareness Month with a series of displays and events. On October 15, a Silent Witness display will be installed at City Hall, providing a haunting visual of the effects of domestic violence. On October 16, a candlelight walk will be held, honoring the victims of domestic violence.

http://www.wvc-ut.gov/archives/34/UpDate - 10.07.pdf

SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill calls the Susan Powell case “complex” and that his office was working with West Valley Police assisting them in their investigation, making sure their case was strong enough before filing any charges against Josh Powell. But a Pierce County prosecutor says if he were handling Susan’s case, Josh would have been arrested, charged and convicted.

“I’ve read enough to say that there’s direct evidence in here, there’s circumstantial evidence in here, there’s motive in here, there’s everything about the body,” said Pierce County Prosecutor Mark Lindquist.

more at link

http://fox13now.com/2012/03/30/prosecutor-says-josh-powell-would-have-been-arrested-in-washington/

Just as I thought -- the prosecutor was calling the shots on this. I think that is where the problem (blame) lies.

"Judge accused of domestic violence uses connections to get away with it."Circuit Court Judge Keith Stoney was fired by the State of Utah when it surfaced that the police had been called to his home multiple times for Domestic Violence.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzzQOqVi-zM"]Keith Stoney, Utah Ex cop and Judge, Domestic Violence - YouTube[/ame]

http://www.cityweekly.net/utah/blog-4195-rally-against-judge-keith-stoney.html

JUDGE KEITH STONEY

Judge Stoney was appointed to the West Valley City Justice Court July 2001. He currently serves as presiding judge. Judge Stoney has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Interpersonal Communication from Brigham Young University and a Juris Doctorate from the J. Reuben Clark School of Law. Prior to taking the bench, he was an Administrative Law Judge. Judge Stoney was the Chief Prosecutor for West Valley City for 17 years and managed a private law practice. He has taught at Brigham Young University and at the J. Reuben Clark School of Law as an adjunct professor. He has been an instructor for Utah Peace Officer Standards and Training, Salt Lake Community College, Utah Department of Corrections, and Western Community Policing Center. In 1983, under his direction, West Valley City established the first coordinated domestic violence program in Utah. Judge Stoney has served as the chairman of the Justice Court Curriculum Subcommittee and currently is a Justice Court judge mentor and serves as a Justice Court representative on the Utah Judicial Council. 2/10

http://www.utcourts.gov/judgesbios/showGallery.asp?dist=4&ct_type=U

I'm with those of you who read about the encrypted hard drive and thought huh? Did they even try to get into it?

Well, Mr. Cox is a better person than I am I suppose. I would not be stating that WVPD "tried their best". I wonder why LE did not tell family members about the Susan's will that was in the bank box? Do other police depts. in other states keep the families in the dark?

The will is evidence in an ongoing investigation so they wouldn't be given anything like that. There are parents who decades later have never been allowed to see their murdered childs autopsy. They know the MOD but probably will never know the COD. That would drive me insane.

"Judge accused of domestic violence uses connections to get away with it."Circuit Court Judge Keith Stoney was fired by the State of Utah when it surfaced that the police had been called to his home multiple times for Domestic Violence.

Keith Stoney, Utah Ex cop and Judge, Domestic Violence - YouTube

http://www.cityweekly.net/utah/blog-4195-rally-against-judge-keith-stoney.html

This BOGGLES THE MIND. He is fired as a judge - BUT WVC HAS OFFERED HIM HIS OLD JOB BACK AS A PROSECUTOR???????????????

OMG. And here my largest suspicion in the case was that WVC was inept, the DA's office just doesn't care about anything other than their win-loss record (aspirations to higher office?), and a lot of men involved probably have *advertiser censored* on the computers or stashed away somewhere.

This case just continues to show roaches climb out from under rocks and try to scurry away.

This BOGGLES THE MIND. He is fired as a judge - BUT WVC HAS OFFERED HIM HIS OLD JOB BACK AS A PROSECUTOR???????????????

OMG. And here my largest suspicion in the case was that WVC was inept, the DA's office just doesn't care about anything other than their win-loss record (aspirations to higher office?), and a lot of men involved probably have *advertiser censored* on the computers or stashed away somewhere.

This case just continues to show roaches climb out from under rocks and try to scurry away.

I am trying to remember the particulars in an incident that was from 2005, 2006 OR 2007 where a City Administrator from WVC was let go but paid 6 figures anyway. We lived in SLC at the time and I remember reading it in the papers but I can't find the info now. IMHO WVC may have a nice Administrative Building but that is about it. :(

About the computers seized from SP's home: There were at least 22 actual computers, laptops, and/or towers taken from just SP's house. That does not include all the micro data storage like CDs and other mini devices that were found.

God only knows how much information is contained in those many units.

Then there is whatever WVPD seized in 2009 from the Utah home.

If a computer expert had been assigned to work on those computers and storage devices then JP and his father would be in prison and the boys would be alive. Susan might have even been found by now!

About the computers seized from SP's home: There were at least 22 actual computers, laptops, and/or towers taken from just SP's house. That does not include all the micro data storage like CDs and other mini devices that were found.

If a computer expert had been assigned to work on those computers and storage devices then JP and his father would be in prison and the boys would be alive. Susan might have even been found by now!

This is too much like learning that women wait 25 years for their rape kits to be processed. We need a new wave of activism. It's obvious that too many men like Stoney and the Powells fear nothing - they know how to work the system and skirt the law and stay one step ahead of any honest cop or prosecutor.

Encryption can be almost impossible to crack. With the right key, it can take decades, if ever. Computer experts were assigned, but encryption, especially the type Josh would have used, is really pretty impossible to crack. If persistent, it can be done...but again, it will take years to do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC
Back