Steven Soderbergh will direct a play about Casey called "Tot Mom"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no- I can see George and Cindy parading down the red carpet now.
:sick:
I am sure he is staging it in Australia so the Anthonys can't claim some royalties off him...

Interesting:

"At 46, Soderbergh, doesn't want to get smoked. So he experiments - with odd styles ("Full Frontal"), with unknown actors ("Bubble"). Often, these experiments bomb at the box office. . .

He doesn't often repeat himself, but he does have themes and subjects that have become his constants - lying, for instance. "The Informant!" (opening Friday) stars Matt Damon as a corporate whistle-blower who lies as easily, and as cheerfully, as he breathes."

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache...s+for+you+in+lying.”&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

No matter what the law says about SS not having to pay anyone for the right to use any of the Anthony-related material, Cindy will attempt to sue him anyway. You may mark my words! :)

You betcha!! I'm sure as soon as Cindy heard the news about the play a
operator_closeup_talking_ty_clr.gif
call was put into BC's office! G&C's righteous indignation will be making headlines soon I'm sure. Now they have to find a lawyer who practices international law and will work for the fame of it- I'm sure they will find one!:shakehead:

Oh bah... even in Australia, seems we can't get away from that horrible woman Nancy Grace and her equally irritating moniker for Casey, "tot mom". On the basis of that alone, I won't be going to see it. and I love Soderbergh -- but the association with NG is just cheap.

As for the other content of the play, namely Casey and Co, well it has been done before -- real crime turned to theatric drama, although maybe not as close to major developments in the story (how many versions are there of "Jack the Ripper"). I can see that Australia would be a good testing ground for this, because this case hasn't even cause a blip on the media radar. I don't recall ever seeing a news report about Caylee. Nobody knows who Anthonys are, nor the story of the little girl that lost her life in such horrible way.

Haha! This is priceless. My SIL is an aussie and he thinks my 'obsession' with the case is such a typical 'American' thing, love for media frenzy... He always says "Bombshell!" just to rub it in. When I saw this...I promptly forwarded him the link.. haha...Bombshell! The Aussies still down under are eating this case up just like we are here in the US... ;)

Interesting:

"At 46, Soderbergh, doesn't want to get smoked. So he experiments - with odd styles ("Full Frontal"), with unknown actors ("Bubble"). Often, these experiments bomb at the box office. . .

He doesn't often repeat himself, but he does have themes and subjects that have become his constants - lying, for instance. "The Informant!" (opening Friday) stars Matt Damon as a corporate whistle-blower who lies as easily, and as cheerfully, as he breathes."

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache...s+for+you+in+lying.”&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

On rethink, it would be arrogant to underestimate Soderbergh. There is more than one way to weave a character into the narrative.

http://www.newkerala.com/nkfullnews-1-144127.html

Theatre Producers Back Steven Soderbergh Play

Theatre bosses behind STEVEN SODERBERGH's controversial new play have defended their decision to tackle the tragic story of murdered Florida toddler CAYLEE ANTHONY - following a flood of complaints about the production.
But producers behind the play have hit back at allegations they are seeking to profit from the tragedy - insisting Soderbergh will be donating his fee to the National Centre for Missing and Exploited Children.

Oh bah... even in Australia, seems we can't get away from that horrible woman Nancy Grace and her equally irritating moniker for Casey, "tot mom". On the basis of that alone, I won't be going to see it. and I love Soderbergh -- but the association with NG is just cheap.

There is NOTHING horrible about a true victims' advocate like Nancy Grace. Heaven forbid someone ask tough questions and hold peoples' feet to the fire. How in the world can someone who is on the right side of things when so many others are in it for money get a bad name. Check your priorities people!

Cindy Anthony is a very sick person.We all knew what was going to happen.There will be lots of books,plays & movies about this case.How can her & George sleep at night.I think before it is all over they will make so much money of this tragic event.How sad.

Theatre bosses behind STEVEN SODERBERGH's controversial new play have defended their decision to tackle the tragic story of murdered Florida toddler CAYLEE ANTHONY - following a flood of complaints about the production.
But producers behind the play have hit back at allegations they are seeking to profit from the tragedy - insisting Soderbergh will be donating his fee to the National Centre for Missing and Exploited Children.

BBM

That's enough for me.

Cindy Anthony is a very sick person.We all knew what was going to happen.There will be lots of books,plays & movies about this case.How can her & George sleep at night.I think before it is all over they will make so much money of this tragic event.How sad.

Sad but true JA!! By the way-
welcometothegroup.jpg

You know I can't help but wonder why NG didn't trademark or copyright the term "tot mom".

Haha! This is priceless. My SIL is an aussie and he thinks my 'obsession' with the case is such a typical 'American' thing, love for media frenzy... He always says "Bombshell!" just to rub it in. When I saw this...I promptly forwarded him the link.. haha...Bombshell! The Aussies still down under are eating this case up just like we are here in the US... ;)

The Aussies are not eating up this case.

I can assure you that in my wide circle of friends, work mates and acquaintances I am the only one I know following this case. I have spoken to a few friends about it and they are just not interested. There have been a couple of stories in the press but for the most part coverage comes in the form of US morning tv shows which are on tv here mon - fri at 4am.

If this play makes any money I will be very suprised.

I won't be going as it would be a complete waste of time - I have watched all the Nancy Grace shows so have seen it all first hand, not to mention that I think it is in bad taste.

Well good! At least SOME money in this case is going to actually go to needy children and not either KC's defense or her parents' new standard of living.

Well good! At least SOME money in this case is going to actually go to needy children and not either KC's defense or her parents' new standard of living.

Every time I get angry with them I get out my checkbook and donate to TES, so Santa baby I 've really been an awfully good girl. Have you seen this video, it has a lot of pictures I had not seen. I hope the play can do our little doll justice.[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiQK700P8nM"]YouTube- Caylee Anthony- Her Life[/ame]

All the work people do to try and call attention to the good causes in the world...and this...sigh.

Nancy is involved in this production..'TOT MOM' wouldn't need to be trademarked.
I am familiar with the script for the play and it is in no way exploitive or fictitious. Every word of dialogue is something that one of the people involved with this case said.
Soderbergh isn't exploiting this sad situation..it's more of a social commentary of the media and the case. And as the press release says, he will not profit in any way from this play..all of his fees will be donated to a missing children's charity. Also this is a one-off..he will never allow this to be staged anywhere but in Sydney for this 4 week run.

You have to admit, the things we have heard from every member of the Anthony family will make a great play. Think about some of the famous sayings of CA. "Mother of the Year", my daughter who ... GA seriously proclaiming he's proud of his daughter. And then there's Casey spouting her "Huge Waste" line. Sometimes, it has seemed like a play with a bunch of unreal people saying outrageous things, hasn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anchorite