sticker books, scrapbooks and trophies

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
With the body all bagged up I think the smell was yet to reach its full potential.

I too, agree that the smell of this case has still yet to reach it's Zenith.

Depends on the choice of fertilizer and what's to be grown.

Both cow and horse manure most common and actually have quite lovely, earthy scents and are much desired for composting to raise good crops and gardens.

Pig, or hog manure as it were, is less typical and permeates the air with a most unpleasant scent, and should not be used in composting at all due to the native parasites that can infect both the garden and people.

I'll have to continue with the sniff test.

Your daughter's theory is quite interesting-- she thinks like a criminal profiler!

I think that Cindy stated, during interviews in the A home, that Casey had made some of the photo collage/scrapbookish things in the home. And we do know that Casey was somewhat crafty, to the extent that she made beaded jewelry.

If Casey was using a sticker that was part of Casey's/Cindy's scrapbooking materials-- or, as some posters have posited, a sticker from a potty training incentive chart-- I think, at minimum, she was subconsciously playing out something like your daughter described.

Whether she made an actual scrapbook page to document the event itself would depend on how deranged she really is, I guess. yikes. I do think Casey's photobucket activity reveals that she was ruminating on the area where she dumped Caylee's body and/or her death-- so who knows...

Agree.

Also like to add, exposed as I am to far too many Facebook pages, I keep in mind also that social sites like Facebook and MySpace ARE the equivalent of scrapbooks for many people, especially teens and young adults. Real-time, with pictures and iconic images, including the 'sticker' applications some of those sites have.

All of the above that you've both pointed out, plus the 'Everyone Lies, Everyone Dies' entry does lend itself to belief that KC was a scrap-booker of at least one sort or another.

random rhetorical aside: if a close friend came to your house tonight and decided to burn it to the ground-- but they left a cute little heart sticker in the center of the smoldering ashes-- would you think they really cared about you and were super sorry?

I have nothing to say, but thank you for making me giggle.

Agree.

Also like to add, exposed as I am to far too many Facebook pages, I keep in mind also that social sites like Facebook and MySpace ARE the equivalent of scrapbooks for many people, especially teens and young adults. Real-time, with pictures and iconic images, including the 'sticker' applications some of those sites have.

All of the above that you've both pointed out, plus the 'Everyone Lies, Everyone Dies' entry does lend itself to belief that KC was a scrap-booker on at least one sort or another.

I have nothing to say, but thank you for making me giggle.

Excellent point-- Casey definitely used her myspace as a digital scrapbook of sorts-- with all the little icons and pictures of her favorite bands, expressions, tv shows etc.

And you're welcome for the giggle. :crazy:

Totally agree 100%. I think she did something in the heat of anger and then felt remorse. The sticker may have been an "I'm sorry" type thing. Creepy creepy. This case...:confused:

I think you and I are the only ones out of thousands that think that way lol

I too, agree that the smell of this case has still yet to reach it's Zenith.

Depends on the choice of fertilizer and what's to be grown.

Both cow and horse manure most common and actually have quite lovely, earthy scents and are much desired for composting to raise good crops and gardens.

Pig, or hog manure as it were, is less typical and permeates the air with a most unpleasant scent, and should not be used in composting at all due to the native parasites that can infect both the garden and people.

I'll have to continue with the sniff test.

I can't decide what is the most horrible about this case....the pyschopathic lying, the killing and partying afterward or the bagging up of the baby and letting it rot. This is so atrocious, I simply can't believe it...had to put my breakfast away, could not eat it and read.

When i first heard of the heart sticker, this book came to mind immediately

BUTTERFLY.jpg

Oh wow, someone here (you maybe, I can't remember), at one time had photoshopped a pic of Casey onto that book cover, and was using it as their avatar, or siggy. Creepy now, after the fact that Caylee had a sticker on.

I thought I read that Cindy, at least, was scrapbooking. But--that may belong on the myth thread! But they have tons of pictures of Caylee, and obviously care about displaying them. And, I like the idea of myspace and facebook as a sort of digital scrapbooking.

My DH doesn't follow this case, and I just tell him highlights (or lowlights!). When I told him about the sticker on the duct tape, it really hit him hard. When I asked him why, he wasn't sure, but he said it just seemed like an exclamation point to him. Sort of a "so there!"

I can't see Casey scrapbooking a memorial for Caylee, especially during the 31 days, because she didn't have the materials and it would cost money. Maybe when she got home....IDK.

Wow, and that "expert" has a degree? Obviously not obtained within the last 20 years. Complete drivel, IMO.

I totally disagree with this line of thinking

Sorry but I don't think she did this at all.

The only thing I do think she *possibly* did is her my space and photos ...

I dont think she took anything of Caylees as a trophy and I don't think she *decorated* Caylee

I believe she put that heart there as a sign of love and possible remorse for that moment in time.

Totally not normal behaviour I know but that was her way at that moment in time IMO

I guess after she felt this so called remorse she threw her away like a piece of garbage, went and rented a movie, and then went and partied ?
Doesn't sound very remorseful

I think KC very much thought of Caylee as a trophy and dressed her up and paraded her around when it suited her. I also think the heart sticker could've been one two things:

First, KC was all about the "woe is me," "my life sucks," "I'm a beautiful, starving, photographer/artist-type whose beauty and artistry is being confined and not appreciated by my mother and child-baggage, so therefore I cannot create and the dark beautiful things I need to." And with that attitude, I can picture her putting the heart sticker on as a final poetic (in her head), artistic, and dramatic ending to the whole thing. It was all about the drama and her entitlement.

Second, while I really dont' like this thought, I have to wonder if she put the tape on precious Caylee's mouth and Caylee struggled, so she showed her the sticker because she knew Caylee liked stickers and used it to help Caylee not be so frightened of the DUCT TAPE she was wrapping over her little mouth. This thought makes me really angry, but I can see KC doing it to make her "task" easier.

I definitely do not see it as an fleeting act of remorse especially since I agree with the OP that Caylee was just a trophy to KC.

When i first heard of the heart sticker, this book came to mind immediately

BUTTERFLY.jpg

Oh, wow. You're right. What was the meaning of the butterfly on the mouth in "Silence of the Lambs." Does anyone know?

I think KC very much thought of Caylee as a trophy and dressed her up and paraded her around when it suited her. I also think the heart sticker could've been one two things:

First, KC was all about the "woe is me," "my life sucks," "I'm a beautiful, starving, photographer/artist-type whose beauty and artistry is being confined and not appreciated by my mother and child-baggage, so therefore I cannot create and the dark beautiful things I need to." And with that attitude, I can picture her putting the heart sticker on as a final poetic (in her head), artistic, and dramatic ending to the whole thing. It was all about the drama and her entitlement.

Second, while I really dont' like this thought, I have to wonder if she put the tape on precious Caylee's mouth and Caylee struggled, so she showed her the sticker because she knew Caylee liked stickers and used it to help Caylee not be so frightened of the DUCT TAPE she was wrapping over her little mouth. This thought makes me really angry, but I can see KC doing it to make her "task" easier.

I definitely do not see it as an fleeting act of remorse especially since I agree with the OP that Caylee was just a trophy to KC.

Great post, Eponine!

Oh, wow. You're right. What was the meaning of the butterfly on the mouth in "Silence of the Lambs." Does anyone know?

It was a moth (a Death's Head moth?). I think it was supposed to symbolize change.

I always wondered if the sticker was placed on the duct tape when Caylee was still alive. Placed there to try to make Caylee want to keep the duct tape on?

I also don't think Casey kept any real 'trophies'... except for all of the 'mother-of-the-year' posed pictures that she had. It would be easy for her to look at all of those pictures and pretend that she would never hurt Caylee.

(Oh, and hi! I'm new! :) )

Creepy!!

Lecter: The significance of the moth is change. Caterpillar into chrysalis or pupa. From thence into beauty. Our Billy wants to change too.

Oh, wow. You're right. What was the meaning of the butterfly on the moth in "Silence of the Lambs." Does anyone know?
In the book/movie it was not a butterfly, but a Death's Head Moth. The serial killer would put the pupa of the mouth in the throat of his victims that he killed to harvest thier skin to make a woman suit for himself/thus representing his transfromation from a man to a woman/larvae to Moth/butterfly.

This could very well represent some sort of transformation process for Casey but somehow I don' think she is that deep.

IMO she put it there to feign some sort of remorse?

It was a moth (a Death's Head moth?). I think it was supposed to symbolize change.

I always wondered if the sticker was placed on the duct tape when Caylee was still alive. Placed there to try to make Caylee want to keep the duct tape on?

I also don't think Casey kept any real 'trophies'... except for all of the 'mother-of-the-year' posed pictures that she had. It would be easy for her to look at all of those pictures and pretend that she would never hurt Caylee.

(Oh, and hi! I'm new! :) )

Hi, Shayla! Welcome to Websleuths.

I don't think Casey made a scrapbooking page of what she did. I don't understand that line of thinking all, really, no offense to the OP or her daughter:) I just don't personally feel it.

My personal opinion of why Casey put this sticker on Caylee is that it had nothing to do with 'decorating" her just to "do" it. I also, however, do not believe it was done out of actual remorse.

Here's what I think.

I do believe Casey knew right from wrong. I believe she knew it was wrong to kill her daughter, but she did, whether in the heat of the moment, or not. She might have recognized that killing her daughter was, of course, NOT an acceptable behavior, and though I don't think she necessarily felt genuine remorse, I think she did it just because when people die, you usually do something "ceremonial" or in memory of" them, and I think in some sick way she was just kind of...mimicking behavior that she considered normal, and sort of clearing herself of any wrong doing with that gesture. A sort of atonement, if you will. Which is why the sticker was over Caylee's mouth...like a kiss. Like, sorry, mommy will kiss and and make the hurt go away. All better.

Same with the tattoo. I think she just thought it was, in her sociopathic (my opinion) mind, "normal" behavior, and was just mimicking emotions of a grieving person, although she was WAY off, obviously:)

She obviously knew right from wrong, otherwise she wouldn't be lying about it to cover her tracks. I think she KNOWS right from wrong, but basically just mimics human emotion, and that is the motive behind the blanket, toys, and sticker.

ETA: or as my boyfriend said, when I asked him his opinion...he said, "I think that sociopathic people think of right and wrong as a choice, where as people like us, with a conscience, we don't really think of the "wrong" as being an option, so we feel guilt when we do "wrong". She just made a different choice."

That's my two cents.

I couldn't agree more. Right and wrong are merely suggestions to be followed when convenient.

I still think KC just watches too much TV:
http://www.tv.com/csi-ny/happily-never-after/episode/1145092/recap.html
Perhaps the sticker isn't the only item she left behind. I think that once Caylee was gone, her remains just became part of KC's 31 day script.

We will never know the original condition Caylee was left in or what kind of small marks her remains may have carried as too mush time had passed before her discovery.

That the way I always thought it may have happened. Little kids love stickers, and band aids, my kids would cover themselves in them when they were little. Maybe KC even told Caylee that it was a big pretty band aid with a sticker on it because she had convinced her that she had an "owie" on her mouth.

Stuff of nightmares.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back