Subornation of Perjury and Jose Baez

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Should Jose Baez be Charged with Subornation of Perjury?

• Total voters
What about George and Cindy's attorney? He knew what she was going to say.

I think Krystal Holloway may have been nudged a little bit.:twocents:
IMO....

Hmmm....after reading this thread, there DOES seem to be a pattern here, doesn't there?

This is bringing up memories of the Joe Jordan incident when he was scheduled to talk to the defense but "SOMETHING" or "SOMETHING SAID" put him on guard so he purposely brought a concealed recorder...

We never did find out exactly WHAT it was that put Joe Jordan on guard that day since a lot involving this was sealed, but it does make me :waitasec: now that I look back....and also take into account the "changing stories" of Crystal/River and Cindy Anthony....

OP may be on to something here...

What about George and Cindy's attorney? He knew what she was going to say.

Hi Merry! Imo, we don't know that Lippman knew for a fact what CA was going to say once she got on that stand. Ya know CA, she tends to 'stray,' and ignore others' advice, i.e., her brother, Rick, for one!!

As an o/t side note - when CA would say, when being sworn in - "So Help Me God, I do," I always felt she was saying ............ (to herself) I'm gonna lie ...........(out loud) so help me God, (to herself) pleeze ... I do!

On the question of why Baez would let Casey sit in jail for 3 years if Caylee wasn't murdered but rather the victim of a tragic drowning accident ...

Could one reason be the fact that on January 25, 2010 Casey plead guilty to 13 counts of check fraud and was sentenced to TIME SERVED in jail as well as probation if ever released.

Not a bad deal since prosecutors had asked for 5 years on the check fraud charges.

Source:

http://www.theledger.com/article/20...le=Casey-Anthony-Pleads-Guilty-to-Check-Fraud

Maybe JB and ICA have plans for when she's set free, to go into business together. A new mail order bikini business with ICA being the model :innocent::crazy:

They can name their shop "Killer Bikinis"

Maybe JB and ICA have plans for when she's set free, to go into business together. A new mail order bikini business with ICA being the model :innocent::crazy:

:sick::sick::sick::sick:

I think CA offered to testify to this. She is smart and has been sitting in court listening to all this. Looking for a way off the 1st degree charge and thought this would do it. With CA's work records showing she was at work, and Baez not knowing what her company records might say, he should never have let her testify to that without checking it out first.

Real stupid move on his part. This hurt ICA's case more than if CA had just kept her mouth shut. It really puts the 1st degree up front now.

I voted NO because IMHO it would be almost impossible to prove and like someone else said, Florida and JP just want this over.

If we get a guilty verdict I will be scared of anything that could contribute to this being retried on appeal.

I am willing to let smaller things go to keep from an appeal.

That's right she has been asked over and over and she always says she is satisfied with her Counsel

I wonder how satisfied she will be after the verdict is read. Just like in his OS I think he wrote KC a check that he knew he could never cash.

I voted No because I think Cindy decided to perjure herself all on her own. No prodding was needed from anyone.

I voted yes, but I don't even believe it will be pursued. Baez will go on from this case and further show his inexperience, imo.

I was rather incensed when Baez admitted that he knew CA was going to testify that she did the searches, that she wasn't at work and knew the records could/would/did prove otherwise. Makes me wonder what else he's right-out lying about with solid knowledge he's lying, ie: the sexual abuse charges against GA/LA.

Their lawyer on Greta was talking about how ICA didn't say he abused her that JB did. Greta called him out saying he can only say what client tells him and his allegation is a big one and would make JB completely unethical. They are in such denial they will put the sexual abuse claims on JB not ICA. ICA is never held accountable.

Do I think CA would throw JB under the bus if need be? No doubt about it. CA however knowingly got on that stand and lied. JB knew it and it came back to bite him in the butt. I do think this could be reported to the Bar.

I wonder how satisfied she will be after the verdict is read. Just like in his OS I think he wrote KC a check that he knew he could never cash.

And what's worse, I feel he knowingly did this, knowing that he couldn't substantiate these claims and that the jury would expect him to. He made a "mistake" that many people not trained in any legal fashion know: you never, ever say or do anything to place the burden of proof on the defense as it originally lies with the prosecution.

If Baez, Cindy, George, Lee, or anyone else, including Dominic Casey, River Cruz are not prosecuted for perjury or the suborning thereof, then our court system has failed.

But, considering that all our other branches of government are presently in failure mode, I am not feeling very optimistic.

Are we to assume it is ok to lie before a court of law if it meets our emotional needs at the moment? Then, justice is denied, and the truth is never found.

Thanks, Kat. :seeya: From the above Statute ..........
The underlying perjury must be proved under the standards required by the applicable perjury statute.

......... The State, imo, is NOT going to go forward with ANY perjury charges. Consequently, this becomes a moot point.

Thanks! That was going to be my question...beat me to it! :seeya:

Subornation of perjury is a legal term describing the crime of persuading another to commit perjury.[1]
It may be applied to an attorney who presents testimony (or an affidavit) the attorney knows is materially false to a judge or jury as if it were factual. Generally, the knowledge that the testimony is materially false must rise above mere suspicion to what a reasonable attorney would have believed in the circumstances. For example, the attorney cannot be wilfully blind to the fact that their witness is giving false testimony. An attorney who actively encourages a witness to give false testimony is clearly guilty of suborning perjury.

Subornation of perjury - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If it is found he compelled CA to testify in the manner she did or knowingly let her lie he should be punished IMO

BBM

Ok! This right here, IMO, covers JB's opening statement. I can't see how a REASONABLE attorney, knowing that their client was a constant liar, would hear the story that JB presented in his open and think that it was reasonable and true. JB knew that was a big pile of horse puckey, and yet he rolled with it! He slandered 2 people in furthering this lie by presenting it to the jury, and then trying to twist the facts to fit his story. Yes! He should be charged with suborning perjury and he should be disbarred, IMO.

I think Jose Baez asked Cindy to lie to save KC and she agreed as she thought it was really just a half truth, since she mentioned chlorophyll early on. I think Jose doesn't care what the truth is, he just wants to win. Mo

I voted No because I think Cindy decided to perjure herself all on her own. No prodding was needed from anyone.

But here's the thing. JB would have just had to know that Cindy's testimony was pure unadulterated bullplop and still choose to elicit it on the stand. It doesn't have to originate with him. He just has to knowingly present the falsehood. He danced dangerously close to that when HHJP was grilling him concerning the states rebuttal. HHJP knows he crossed the line and brought a lie before the court. It's just a matter of whether it is borderline enough to prove.

But even then, HHJP really doesn't have to prove anything to deal with it in his own way. he already has JB dead to rights on several instances of willful contempt. It's just a matter of how hard HHJP decides to nail him. This just increases the size of the hammer the judge will use.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces
Back