Support Thread: Detective Yuri Melich

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Dear Dick Tracy:

A newbie chiming in with a big thank you from my whole family for everything that you and the rest of LE are doing. Praying for your total success in this case.

Prayers too for your quick recovery.. I survived a bimalleolar fracture too with hardware, but not from a bike...a car accident. I can relate to the recovery. Ouch.

BTW, I vote for Daniel Craig, the new James Bond, to play you. ;-)

SG

I don't think it is that Kat, there were new docs released so I think everyone is busy with those. However, I do know that we are not supposed to ask Yuri any questions whatsoever about the case. It wouldn't be ethical for him to discuss facts of the case here and we don't want to ask him to compromise anything. This thread is just to express support and encouragement to him. Hope that explains.
Thank you! I sometimes get lost in the threads!

God Bless LE and the civilians trying to solve this crime....yep I said it....crime....

While I offer all possible credit to Det. Melich, I just watched the Cindy interview part 1. Det. Edwards is a pretty sharp character as well. I don't know if he feels it but he conveys a sense of emapthy to the person he is speaking with. All while taking care of his buisiness. My hats off to all you guys.

Oh, there are tons of questions we all would love to ask, but cannot. Maybe someday when things are all over with, he will come back to answer the lingering ones. Until then...we will consider him one of the "good guys" and will keep him entertained until he recovers from his unfortunate accident.

Yuri - I'm a long-time Orlando resident and just want to thank you for all your hard work on behalf of Caylee and the citizens of Orlando. You make me feel very proud of our police force.

Please take care of that leg. I broke three bones in my left ankle 10 weeks ago and had surgery - two plates and 10 screws. I was able to start walking again just this week - YAY! I know how hard it is for you to be stuck at home. Don't push yourself. Keep watching those movies! I watched so many On-Demand movies while I was home that I only turn the tv on now to watch the news about this case :)

Detective Melich: I, as a rule, have little to no respect for LEOs. You are the exception to my rule, and if you knew me, you would know that is the highest compliment you've ever gotten. I know you have a thankless job most of the time - not today. You have my respect and appreciation. Clearly, you have a heart for this missing little girl and the truth.

And I'm not sure ANY of us are going to be able to "handle the truth".

I count my dog as a kid!

On a more serious note, after working this case, and I'm sure others which involve children, do you feel any different in regards to having/wanting children? I have a very close friend who counsels young offenders (I stick with the adults, myself) and she used to want children, but has changed her feelings on that now.

ETA: Does it freak you out at all to see your pic on our siggys and avvis? LOL

It hasn't changed our opinion in wanting children. Matter of fact, we do. This case doen't change that.

As to the pics..... its sureal to be honest. I just pretend it's not me. ;)

Oh, there are tons of questions we all would love to ask, but cannot. Maybe someday when things are all over with, he will come back to answer the lingering ones. Until then...we will consider him one of the "good guys" and will keep him entertained until he recovers from his unfortunate accident.

When this is over, I will be happy to answer any questions about the case. Until then, I honestly can't. I know many are chomping at the bit and I appreciate your restraint.

Detective Melich: I, as a rule, have little to no respect for LEOs. You are the exception to my rule, and if you knew me, you would know that is the highest compliment you've ever gotten. I know you have a thankless job most of the time - not today. You have my respect and appreciation. Clearly, you have a heart for this missing little girl and the truth.

And I'm not sure ANY of us are going to be able to "handle the truth".

Thank you for the compliment and for taking the time to write this. I'm sure you have a reason to feel the way you do. Cops are no different than any other people. We have good and unfortunately the bad too. I just try to be honest. I tell others, my goal is that whenever my name is brought up in conversation as a cop, they can say I was good at what I did. I have my faults... everyone does. I do try to work on these faults though to be a better person. I attribute this to my Christian belief.

As to the truth, that's all I'm after.

Detective Melich, I think it's wonderful to see this thread. As the wife of a deputy, I too often hear the negative (undeserved) things said about law enforcement. I know I shouldn't, but I take these things to heart. I just wanted express my thanks also, and wish you a speedy recovery. Will you be taking the Sergeant's test? It would seem you have some time to study...

Best of luck to you, and THANK YOU again!

Thankyou for your service, this must frustrate all LE so much.
blessings

Wow. Just got done watching the last part of the Cindy vid. Utterly impressive and fascinating work. Then watched it again with husband.
I sure give props for all the efforts/hard work on this. Clearly, to me, LE is doing a fantastic job on this. We are both so impressed (and amazed at everything).

Thank you for the compliment and for taking the time to write this. I'm sure you have a reason to feel the way you do. Cops are no different than any other people. We have good and unfortunately the bad too. I just try to be honest. I tell others, my goal is that whenever my name is brought up in conversation as a cop, they can say I was good at what I did. I have my faults... everyone does. I do try to work on these faults though to be a better person. I attribute this to my Christian belief.

As to the truth, that's all I'm after.
It has been my experience that if someone has a bad experience with a cop they don't like cops. However, they most likely also have bad experiences with store clerks, school teachers, etc. but do not tend to generalize the negative as often in these situations...JMO. How we feel about cops often depends on the situation we find ourselves in. If I'm speeding down the highway I don't want to see a cop. However, if someone is breaking into my house in the middle of the night a cop would be a welcome sight. I'm sure LE attracts it's share of power-hungry jerks as well as those with altruistic ambitions. What profession doesn't attract some with less than admirable intentions? Even the church isn't immune to this.

Yuri- after seeing your work in this case I believe your Christian beliefs have also given you the patience of Job. Not sure how you do it...my face would have been permanently stuck like this by now---->:eek:

I wanted to send good wishes your way and hope you recover soon. I always wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart for being Caylee voice and doing a awesome job in general. May the lord keep you safe :blowkiss:

God bless you for the work you have done so far, Det. Melich. You are Caylee's voice for justice. I pray your recovery is a speedy one.

Yuri, After watching the taped interview of Cindy Anthony... Oh wow.
You have the patience of Job. You're an asset to your profession, and I commend you for your difficult work.
My prayers continue for the speedy healing of your leg,
Thank you for your determined service, in the name of Caylee Marie Anthony.

Yuri,
Sorry about your accident...after watching Cindy's interview yesterday I just wanted to say you were stunning in your ability to continue reeling her back in to listen to what you were saying and then she'd go off again and you'd reel her back...that was very very good.

Bless you Det. Melich for all your hard work. I wish you a speedy recovery,resolution with the Caylee Anthony disappearance and a wonderful life for you and your family. You are one of the good guys and I have nothing but the utmost respect for you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7
Back