Supreme Court Nominee

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Should a person be judged on something done over 40 years ago?

• Yes

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • No

Votes: 17 11.3%
  • Depends

Votes: 75 49.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Confusing. Didn't she claim a fear of confined spaces? And yet it comes out that she flys for vaca and work? Said she doesn't know if she showed the therapists notes to WaPo, but WaPo says they reviewed the notes? All witnesses she has named, have denied her claims? She can't recall what day she had the polygraph? Her atty's. didn't tell her that Senators were willing to fly to CA to accommodate her atty's. claim that Ford was afraid to fly? Now Ford says she talked to "people on the beach" about the alleged incident and they encouraged her to come forward, while previously she said she had only told her therapist and her husband. Previously stated that she did not know how she got home from the location of the alleged event, but now says someone drove her home. Was she, or was she not texting with a WaPo reporter weeks before contacting Feinstein? If so, why? Then this...a text from Sean Davis from The Federalist:

"So far we have learned that Ford was texting a Washington Post reporter weeks before she contacted Feinstein, and that the "second front door" argument, which she claims was about Brett Kavanaugh, was actually about having a separate entrance for random Airbnb renters."

"Now we know why 1) Ford's statement says only that her husband remembers her naming Kavanaugh during the "second front door" therapy session, and 2) why she refuses to give the notes of that session to the Senate, even though she gave them to the Washington Post."

And, she doesn't know who paid for her polygraph test...BTW, many judges will not approve a poly as admissible evidence in court, for good reason.

The Truth About Lie Detectors (aka Polygraph Tests)

When asked about the two girls she referred to in her account of the alleged incident, she said, herself, and Leland Keyser. But Keyser says she doesn't know Kavanaugh, and has no recollection of being at any party that Kavanaugh attended, with or without Ford.

Ford cannot recall if if was Judge or Kavanaugh who pushed her into the room.

Per the line of questioning, from ALL sides, it appears most everyone has their mind made up, one way or the other, regardless of what the facts may be.

It's an emotionally charged day...and yet, STILL NO PROVABLE FACTS.

IMO, previous statements Ford has made, in addition to the contradictions made so far today, throws her credibility and ability to remember the who/what/where and when into serious question. Most importantly, the WHO. If this were a court of law where this was taking place, the outcome would be not guilty for Kav.

Last edited:
Confusing. Didn't she claim a fear of confined spaces? And yet it comes out that she flys for vaca and work? Said she doesn't know if she showed the therapists notes to WaPo, but WaPo says they reviewed the notes? All witnesses she has named, have denied her claims? She can't recall what day she had the polygraph? Her atty's. didn't tell her that Senators were willing to fly to CA to accommodate her atty's. claim that Ford was afraid to fly? Now Ford says she talked to "people on the beach" about the alleged incident and they encouraged her to come forward, while previously she said she had only told her therapist and her husband. Previously stated that she did not know how she got home from the location of the alleged event, but now says someone drove her home. Was she, or was she not texting with a WaPo reporter weeks before contacting Feinstein? If so, why? Then this...a text from Sean Davis from The Federalist:

"So far we have learned that Ford was texting a Washington Post reporter weeks before she contacted Feinstein, and that the "second front door" argument, which she claims was about Brett Kavanaugh, was actually about having a separate entrance for random Airbnb renters."

"Now we know why 1) Ford's statement says only that her husband remembers her naming Kavanaugh during the "second front door" therapy session, and 2) why she refuses to give the notes of that session to the Senate, even though she gave them to the Washington Post."

And, she doesn't know who paid for her polygraph test...BTW, many judges will not approve a poly as admissible evidence in court, for good reason.

The Truth About Lie Detectors (aka Polygraph Tests)

When asked about the two girls she referred to in her account of the alleged incident, she said, herself, and Leland Keyser. But Keyser says she doesn't know Kavanaugh, and has no recollection of being at any party that Kavanaugh attended, with or without Ford.

Ford cannot recall if if was Judge or Kavanaugh who pushed her into the room.

Per the line of questioning, from ALL sides, it appears most everyone has their mind made up, one way or the other, regardless of what the facts may be.
I heard a lot of her testimony very differently and have not seen anything showing some of your claims above but I agree vehemently with your final sentence.

It's an emotionally charged day...and yet, STILL NO PROVABLE FACTS.
There's no investigation and no criminal hearing, this is just a victim being questioned. How can we get provable facts without an independent FBI investigation? Why isn't Kavanaugh pushing for that as well?
As an aside, testimony is often direct evidence in a court proceeding.

Personally, I think that she has convinced herself that this happened.

So she would probably be able to pass a lie detector test because of that.

Do I think that KB did this? No, I do not.

Do I think that even if he did, that he should NOT be elected? Nope. We are talking 37 years ago and there was no rape.

Jmho

She seems extremely sincere, it is difficult to watch.
Reminder of live CBS link of hearings: Live Coverage from CBS News

Do I think that even if he did, that he should NOT be elected? Nope. We are talking 37 years ago and there was no rape.

Jmho
So even if he were a sex offender registered felon you would find him fit to be a nominee for the Supreme Court?

There's no investigation and no criminal hearing, this is just a victim being questioned. How can we get provable facts without an independent FBI investigation? Why isn't Kavanaugh pushing for that as well?
As an aside, testimony is often direct evidence in a court proceeding.

Politics. We have primaries coming up in Nov. IMO that is a HUGE factor as to why these claims did not come about sooner, why the 11th hour revelation.

We are searching for proveable facts, regardless of this nature of the questions (criminal trial or not). Otherwise it's he said/she said with no back up for either...and that leaves us in limbo...see my first paragraph.

The FBI will only being an investigation if the WH requests it. And I don't believe that will happen due to again, my first paragraph.

It seems Lindsey Graham has lost his mind. As to a sexual assaulter being on the SCOTUS, no. We can and must do better. Integrity and moral character are important.

And they need to modify Kavanaugh’s name plate: The Honorable Brett Kavanaugh

Every network I've checked has talked about how "credible" Dr. Ford is. moo

ETA: Reports say some in audience were crying.
I was tearing up at moments as well,but I expected that. I haven't changed my mind and still believe her account of what happened.
So sorry she had to live with this all those years and still is. IMO

My staff reached out to the other individuals allegedly at the party—Mark Judge, Patrick J. Smyth, and Leland Ingham Keyser. All three submitted statements to the Senate under penalty of felony denying any knowledge of the events described by Dr. Ford. Dr. Ford’s lifelong friend, Ms. Keyser, stated she doesn’t know Judge Kavanaugh and doesn’t recall ever attending a party with him.

Grassley Statement at Continuation of the Hearing to Consider Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh | United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary

Asking for their testimony on this matter would be like asking me.

I wasn’t at the party and neither were they.

Jmho

So if he did the same thing to a young child (she was underage, 15...let's keep that in mind) would you dismiss a similar sexual attack? There does not have to be penetration for one to be sexually assaulted. Not legally, not morally.

If he attacked an 8 year old, would you still say "it was 37 years ago, there was no rape?"

Didn't her lawyers pay for the polygraph? I thought that was covered pretty clearly within the last hour. And that is standard procedure.

Who paid her lawyers? Did they pay for it without expecting reimbursement from someone?

She claimed that she did not know who paid for the poly.

guys

do this via Fox now they are saying the lady the bought in and paid for with taxpayers money did not do good !

ha

its pathetic

break time

he had better be careful he has lied under oath a lot lately

we shall see

felt for her

she had a rough morning

i think i'm that nation will be safe he wont get in and he will end in criminal proceedings

Who paid her lawyers? Did they pay for it without expecting reimbursement from someone?

She claimed that she did not know who paid for the poly.
Her attorneys answered that they had paid for it. And they also stated they were doing this entirely pro bono, so they are not expecting reimbursement nor compensation AFAIK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hustling01