Supreme Court Nominee

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Should a person be judged on something done over 40 years ago?

• Yes

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • No

Votes: 17 11.3%
  • Depends

Votes: 75 49.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh he's bad. Not answering questions about FBI investigation--keeps dodging, yelling.
Keeps complaining about delay to testify. Not rational as it takes time to plan hearing, etc.
Is he going to attack Sen Feinstein?

"I've gone to sleep drinking....but not passed out"

I'm seeing classic Jekyl and Hyde.

Some people can't watch, I'm just providing observations as we often do when there is a live hearing on WS.
Thank you for the coverage. I've been busy all day today and haven't listened or watched anything yet. I turned on the radio a moment ago and he sounded arrogant to me, but I only caught a few seconds. I am on a short break and will check in later....and I will read all the coverage and comments here to catch up on what I missed. I thank you in advance, WSers, for posting during the hearing for those of use who missed the action in real time!! (For those new to WS, this is something we do on the board during live events.)

Be back later.

jmo

Taking a page out of the C.Thomas playbook. Very affronted that he is being called into question.
What does he mean the other side caused this?
Did he expect them to do nothing with the claim of Ford?
And is he emotionally equipped for the job....I don't think so. Nothing wrong with having emotions but he can't seem to reign it in. Very different from Ford in that respect.She has had experience holding back and being denied (living with pain) would be my guess...not so much with Kavanaugh.
IMO

From Dr. Ford's testimony the atmosphere of life in the DC suburbs in summertime seems a life of days swimming at the country club and a lot of parties. While criticism includes the professor's inconsistencies in memory, ie; the layout of the house but not the address or whose house it was, I am wondering in this context if memories of these summers, lots of parties, beach parties, random houses, underage drinking runs on in a blur.

Is it possible that it's the two boys who if so inebriated, do not remember, that they honestly meant no harm, that they got out of hand and incontrollable when drinking? It's possible... Imo...

I'm not excusing this type of attack, ever, but what was considered "the norm" for out of control parties with teens? A blur of teenagers, spontaneous gatherings, and drinking? --Mark Judge outlines some of this in his books.

I remember how spontaneous my teenage years were. Different generation. Illicit drugs much more prevalent than alcohol in my earlier gen... Plus, socioeconomic circles dictate lifestyle, too.

I've seen teens drunk out of their minds at some weddings. They don't handle alcohol well.

So, my feeling is wondering about intent, while inebriated. Inhibitions can be really tricky. As can memory.

Both Ford and Kavanaugh have presented compelling testimony. No easy answers.

It does occur to me that if Kavanaugh knowingly knew he did this, had intended harm, he would have withdrawn.

I do believe Professor Ford. And I tend to think that as rowdy teenagers some boys might not have realized their behavior is not one size fits all. It's as subjective as what is a lifelong trauma for one is no big deal for another.
--jmo

Kavanaugh was asked if he would want Mark Judge in the room to testify and Kavanaugh did not answer, the Senator cut him off and asked again, Kavanaugh said Mark Judge already provided a statement, the Senator asked again, Kavanaugh keeps cutting him off and talking about the allegation coming in weeks ago and nothing being done.

He really is quite emotional.

I feel as though I know his type.

Having worked at a company (74-93) There were lots of professionals that were still going to college/univ. Single lots were, and straight lace.
There was even a group created that met once a week at lunch to discuss the bible.

These professionals didn’t get married till mid 30’s a few of the women had first baby at 40.

Geeky they were,straight lace compared to me and like employees (lab aides/techs).

I also live about 34 miles north of this area where they lived, also I have been to the beach area, rehobeth/OC md. Those were wild times then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member