Supreme Court Nominee

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Should a person be judged on something done over 40 years ago?

• Yes

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • No

Votes: 17 11.3%
  • Depends

Votes: 75 49.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brett’s wife looks like she can’t stand him. She should check her expressions.

Brett is pissed off. Angry dude. Blaming a “frenzy on the left.”

I believe Christine Ford.

He really, really wants this position and no one or nothing’s going to stand in his way.

Don't you think she should be able to remember who was there, what year it happened, and where it happened, at the very least? If she is not able to provide that, what makes you think she can, without a doubt, provide anything else...such as who assaulted her? Was she drinking, maybe enough as to be unable to differentiate between several of the young men in attendance?

I have worked with sexually abused children and juveniles most of my adult life. No, I don't expect them to remember it. This is not how trauma works for most people. You will always have the people who do remember every single detail. Most, do not. There are always things that are clear as day, that a victim never ever forgets. There are always details they don't remember. They are only significant to the people judging them. The details they remember may seem insignificant, but are burned into their memory. In my experience, when a person definitely identifies a perpetrator, they are not usually lying or remembering incorrectly. (This happened on VERY rare occurrences, but it usually involved the influence/manipulation of another person.)

Yes, you can.

And he is potentially going to be elected to one of the most powerful, influential positions in our country. These allegations HAVE to be addressed. This is not a court of law, no one holds the burden of proof. This is about character and fitness for the position. If there is an allegation, the people of this country must hear about it. And he MUST respond to it.

If he didn't do it, he needs to make me believe him. Right now, I don't.
As an attorney I have seen many character and fitness assessments (they are required for admittance to law school and to sit for the bar exam) and you are absolutely correct; there is no burden of proof at all. The persons involved are interviewed and a committee makes a decision.
A validation of her accusations would be valid witnesses to the event claiming same.
That's not how character and fitness evaluations go, that's how criminal investigations go.

Yes, you can.

And he is potentially going to be elected to one of the most powerful, influential positions in our country. These allegations HAVE to be addressed. This is not a court of law, no one holds the burden of proof. This is about character and fitness for the position. If there is an allegation, the people of this country must hear about it. And he MUST respond to it.

If he didn't do it, he needs to make me believe him. Right now, I don't.

He doesn't need to do any such thing. He has responded to "it", multiple times. He has been investigated, multiple times. He has witnesses to his good character, many of them.

<modsnipped statement with no link to substantiate>

Why are you ignoring that?

And, if it turns out that those making the choice for his judicial appointment approve him, what will you say then?

Last edited by a moderator:
As an attorney I have seen many character and fitness assessments (they are required for admittance to law school and to sit for the bar exam) and you are absolutely correct; there is no burden of proof at all. The persons involved are interviewed and a committee makes a decision.

That's not how character and fitness evaluations go, that's how criminal investigations go.

What are the ramifications when a character and fitness evaluation are based on lies, or false remembrances?

He doesn't need to do any such thing. He has responded to "it", multiple times. He has been investigated, multiple times. He has witnesses to his good character, many of them.

She has changed her story, multiple times. She has named people as being at the event, or having heard about the event, who have claimed otherwise. She has contradicted herself multiple times.

Why are you ignoring that?

And, if it turns out that those making the choice for his judicial appointment approve him, what will you say then?

He is responding to it currently, in the place he should be. And yes, he SHOULD be doing this such thing.

I'm not ignoring anything.

He's unhinged, scary, accusing Democrats of a plot but there are no facts to substantiate any plot.

I am very willing to listen to his testimony. If he offers something convincing, I am very willing to change my position on this.

So far, he sounds like a typical entitled white man, throwing a tantrum for being put out, and not getting exactly what he wants.

He just brought up his staff secretary position at White House. Rob Porter had same position and was terminated in past year due to credible spousal abuse allegations. So having that position means nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ezinu