Susan Cox Powell - Media Links - No Discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Nancy Grace covering the case on HLN in ten minutes.

Just a head's up - if not okay mods, delete this for me! Thanks

Steven Powell won't be released on 5/23/13. . . .after serving less than a year on his 2 1/2 yr sentence.

"To get out early, inmates must submit an acceptable release plan. Lewis says the state is still reviewing Powell's proposed plan. If it's approved, the state still requires 35 days to allow staff to notify victims and local law enforcement."

http://www.kxly.com/news/northwest/...sday/-/101246/20271136/-/32w377z/-/index.html

http://www.bakercityherald.com/Local-News/Search-for-missing-woman-focuses-on-I-84-corridor

Search for missing woman focuses on I-84 corridor

Written by Chris Collins May 31, 2013 09:10 am

A Washington man whose daughter, Susan Powell, has been missing for more than three years, has new hope of finding her body along Interstate 84 between Pendleton and Tremonton, Utah.

Chuck Cox, his daughter, Denise Olsen, and their investigators traveled through the region this week to ask residents in communities along the freeway for help.

Their interstate journey started Monday, a week after West Valley, Utah, police released their case file detailing the investigation into Susan Powell’s disappearance.

Cox said in a telephone interview Thursday that he and his daughter and investigators were distributing fliers and talking to authorities en route from Washington to Utah to enlist help in their search for Susan.

<modsnip>

Chuck Cox refuses to give up the search for his daughter

Chuck Cox was leaving home again. In early summer, he loaded up his black Dodge Ram truck with the big V-8 engine and headed southeast. This time, one of his three surviving adult daughters rode shotgun to answer nonstop calls on his cellphone, with two volunteer private investigators trailing in a van.

Anything to find Susan.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/home-to-be-searched-in-case-of-long-missing-utah-woman/

Wash. home to be searched for long-missing woman's body

SEATTLE - Private investigators with cadaver dogs will search the former home of Susan Powell's father-in-law, an attorney for the long-missing woman's family said Tuesday.

Josh Powell is believed to have killed his wife in Utah in 2009; Susan Powell, then 28, went missing that December and her body has never been found. Josh Powell then moved to Washington state, where he killed the couple's boys and himself by setting fire to his home in February 2012.

Josh Powell's father, Steve Powell, was forced to surrender his former Puyallup, Wash., house during a court settlement after being convicted in May 2012 of taking videos of young neighbor girls undressing and using the bathroom.

Seattle attorney Anne Bremner won a $2 million judgment on behalf of the girls. She said the girls' family bought the home at auction and will give Susan Powell's family access to it. The home still has many of Steve Powell's belongings that he hasn't claimed.

A date for the search of Steve Powell's former home has not been set, but it will happen in the next few weeks, said Bremner, who also represents Susan Powell's family.

Susan Powell's relatives "have been given unfettered access to that house by the girls' family," Bremner said. "There is no longer a need for a search warrant for the house or contents as [Steve Powell] no longer owns it."

"I've gotten a lot of calls over the years from people, anonymous and otherwise, saying you'd better check around the flower beds around the house, she could be buried there," Bremner told CBS affiliate KIRO. "I've received all kinds of information like that."

(more at link).

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy