Suspect #1: Dellen Millard *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 15 May 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where was DM's red truck during all of this? I think LE has it. Was the other guy's truck red? The one that DM had test-driven? Was DMs red truck used in a crime and he needed another one to replace it? Did LE find a bunch of red paint in the hangar? IDK

Good questions. I was wondering about the red truck too.

Coke - LB's ex alleges DM was providing Coke for her. No one else has offered up a support to this claim. LB's ex has an agenda: is he reliable?

Heroin - DM's lawyer once, years ago before meeting DM, worked on a heroin case that involved Brampton based southeast asians in a much older age group. It is a huge stretch to think this is related to DM in any way.

Meth - People tossed out the theory that MS looked like a meth addict in his jail appearance. Face it, a 25 year old with no car is going to be skinny and someone up on a murder charge is going to be nervous. No proof.

Pot - No one has said MS spent any time in jail so what he was dealing was likely pot. His buddy has been popped for pot. His other buddy heavily promotes pot. There IS a pot connection, but all other drug connections are quite dubious.

LB's ex's agenda is to find LB.

AM tweeted about DM doing heroin, possibly "joking" but a connection nevertheless.

But, if you consider LE said they KNEW that TB was dead before he was burned (cause we don't know if they even used the incinerator), I am assuming they did, based on the fact that MK, lead LE agent stated, they knew he was dead before he was burned... therefore, I am assuming his body was desecrated after death to fit into the incinerator. :tears::tears:

An unnamed LE source indicated in an article that what they found with respect to the incinerator would make the hair stand up on the back of anyones neck (to paraphrase).

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...wed_police_interest_in_her_disappearance.html

This recent Star article quoting LB's parents saying that DM was never even questioned at all has got me thinking. It may expand on a point that many keep saying "does not make sense" about DM, related to the phone records which led to his arrest in the TB case.

If DM had something to do with LB's disappearance his not being interviewed may have lulled him into a false sense of confidence over police competence, especially in regards to phone records. I'm reminded of an ex-OPP's profiler's take on the case posted in this article:

http://www.mississauga.com/news/art...-abusive-exploitive-and-a-risk-taker-profiler

It's possible that DM was surprised/pleased at how LE never even bothered to contact him despite multiple communications with a person who would go missing within days. Even if LB disappeared some other way not related to DM I think most reasonable people would be surprised at not being contacted. Perhaps this is why DM thought using the burner phone multiple times was no big deal.
Now, it's also possible that DM or one of his accomplices screwed up and didn't intend to use the burner phone for both "Large Man" and TB, but did so anyways. That again fits into that same frame of mind, IMO.
I'm reminded of another article which had some acquaintance telling how DM used a bobcat to haphazardly knock down load bearing walls at a hangar. He could have been crushed and killed but hey, maybe that's just the way he rolled.
I think sometimes it's easy to think that offenders are as read up on true crime as sleuthers or logical that they wouldn't make mistakes, or know simple things like the presence of cameras or cell phone tracking. Maybe a lot of the things that don't make sense yet are really due to overconfidence or just plain stupidity.

Fantastic post, thank-you.

Lerner said Millard denied receiving Babcock’s calls until he showed him Babcock’s phone record. Millard then told him that Babcock had developed a drug problem and that he had been supplying her with cocaine for months.

Read more: http://www.cp24.com/police-probe-link-between-bosma-suspect-missing-woman-1.1286890#ixzz2URHAOjuu

Thanks!
Here's the one I had read - with a quote from Lerner saying
"Finally he relented and admitted that they did exchange calls. And [he] claimed that she was asking him for drugs and for a place to stay and that he didn't oblige either of those requests."

I guess that doesn't mean he hadn't previously though.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2013/05/19/toronto-millard-remains-discovered.html

I'm reminded of another article which had some acquaintance telling how DM used a bobcat to haphazardly knock down load bearing walls at a hangar. He could have been crushed and killed but hey, maybe that's just the way he rolled.

However, a contractor who worked on the hangar said Mr. Millard wasn’t the type to tinker on engines himself. “I’ve never seen his hands dirty that way. I didn’t find him that mechanically inclined,” the contractor said.

In fact, once when Mr. Millard needed some space he took a cutting torch and removed some structural components from the building, the contractor said. “That’s something you don’t do and I told him we have to put it back. And if he was a little more mechanically inclined, he would know that.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/inside-the-life-of-dellen-millard-the-man-charged-with-killing-tim-bosma/article12009016/

Perhaps because WM was (allegedly) a "non functioning alcoholic", DM did not experience a lot of grief from his father. Perhaps because MS's mother is unemployed at home "sick" she's happy MS has had drug income if not a legitimate job. However, held to the standards of sober society, people with drug addictions, even friendly drug addictions like pot, fail.

ONe it all catches up to you one day.

Second, I am offended that you would say WM was an alcoholic. He was a pilot, he had to be alert in order to fly. Show me the proof and then I well believe you.

MS's mother works, unless you have more information and are closer to the facts, don't pretend drugs and booze don't lead to stupid behaviour.

We seen this tactic by Derstine with Rafferty. TLM was the dirty little stoner with the record, the online rants, the drugs, the gangsta music.

Wouldn't surprise me one little bit if this is the defense tactic played by DM's lawyers. Next thing you know, we'll be hearing about his back problem and being addicted to oxy's. :rolleyes:

DM gets no pass. I don't give a ratz.azz what he owns or what his pedigree is.

If he did what LE has charged him with, he is the same as the other murderers rotting in jail.

Evil is not defined by class in life. No doubt we will hear ad nauseum when this case goes to trial, how MS was all to blame, blah, blah, blah. Money can buy alot of things, but, the evidence will hopefully speak for itself, and for Tim.

Jmo

I totally agree. I was not defending DM in any way. I was only stating that making assumptions with regards to whether he uses drugs, or is not intelligent is not helping anything. I agree the defense will use DM's background, lack of criminal record, pedigree etc to contrast that of MS. At this point the picture painted of MS is very sinster (the video) and has "druggy loser" stamped on it...based on the information that has been gathered. I know there is much much more to both these individuals because all we have is what we have found online or from MSM. The portrait of DM is being aviation prodigy who is wealthy and privileged with expensive hobbies and that of MS is a guy who lives at home and paints grafittee and sells drugs. I know that this has been dismissed as having relevance but the other day when that random twitter account posted in cyrillic a message that translated into " Ambition makes the Wolf look very dirty" I thought ....wow so true if you think of Ambition being DM (due to tattoo) and Wolf as MS.....yes the picture painted online and in the media so far certainly on the surface make MS look like the druggy, sick video guy alias Say10 someone people can easily want to pinpoint as a guilty person...on appearance only.
I try to look at the facts not the pictures being painted from Fbk pics and criminal records for small crimes. The facts so far show DM as the one with the so called "smoking gun" ...TB truck at his mothers in a a trailer he owned, the farm, the incinerator, the suspicious suicide of his father, the possible "long lost sibling" and the missing friend with phone records connecting him. He in my opinion is in this and behind this and responsible for this terrible crime but we still do not know everything and i am sure there is much more that we do not know that LE knows already. JMO

Second, I am offended that you would say WM was an alcoholic. He was a pilot, he had to be alert in order to fly. Show me the proof and then I well believe you.

There was a twitter post on this by a journalist but I guess she is freelance and not MSM and it has been deleted

MS's mother works,

I am confused by this then:

He confirmed that it is Mr. Smich in the video, and described him as “the type of guy who stayed home to take care of his sick mother and dogs,” and who “always helped out whoever he could.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/online-photo-shows-bosma-suspects-together/article12090623/

If his mother needed to be taken care of, how is it that she works?

unless you have more information and are closer to the facts, don't pretend drugs and booze don't lead to stupid behaviour.

Oh no, I absolutely believe drugs and alcohol lead to stupid behavior, that was my whole point

I also cringe when "suspect played video games" is taken as an explanation of criminal behavior. It's 2013, playing video games is about as common as being a fan of organized sports, and probably results in fewer bar fights.

You could be right! We need a new generation to replace the cantankerous old armchair athletes of yesteryear! :floorlaugh:

There was a twitter post on this by a journalist but I guess she is freelance and not MSM and it has been deleted

I am confused by this then:

He confirmed that it is Mr. Smich in the video, and described him as “the type of guy who stayed home to take care of his sick mother and dogs,” and who “always helped out whoever he could.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/online-photo-shows-bosma-suspects-together/article12090623/

If his mother needed to be taken care of, how is it that she works?

Oh no, I absolutely believe drugs and alcohol lead to stupid behavior, that was my whole point

You are right there is no media evidence. I think I heard it said she was working! I will check this out and get back to you. Thanks for pointing out my error.

You are right there is no media evidence. I think I heard it said she was working! I will check this out and get back to you. Thanks for pointing out my error.

I wouldn't say "no media evidence", Ann Brocklehurst used to write for the New York Times, Toronto Star, etc., so she sounds like a credible journalist to me. It's just that her Twitter account is personal, not MSM

ETA: I don't really understand why Ross McLean's FB is "legal" to post here but Ann's Twitter is not

MS's mother works, unless you have more information and are closer to the facts, don't pretend drugs and booze don't lead to stupid behaviour.

He confirmed that it is Mr. Smich in the video, and described him as “the type of guy who stayed home to take care of his sick mother and dogs,” and who “always helped out whoever he could

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...hows-bosma-suspects-together/article12090623/

Coke - LB's ex alleges DM was providing Coke for her. No one else has offered up a support to this claim. LB's ex has an agenda: is he reliable?

Heroin - DM's lawyer once, years ago before meeting DM, worked on a heroin case that involved Brampton based southeast asians in a much older age group. It is a huge stretch to think this is related to DM in any way.

Meth - People tossed out the theory that MS looked like a meth addict in his jail appearance. Face it, a 25 year old with no car is going to be skinny and someone up on a murder charge is going to be nervous. No proof.

Pot - No one has said MS spent any time in jail so what he was dealing was likely pot. His buddy has been popped for pot. His other buddy heavily promotes pot. There IS a pot connection, but all other drug connections are quite dubious.

The reference to heroin was made by DM, himself, but has been deleted. Do not be fooled.

Pictures, well just pick one. How intelligent is someone that is implicated in a murder the next day from a one of a kind tattoo that was left uncovered. or... the victim's truck is in your mothers driveway.... an incinerator on your farm and remains found on your farm...your phone number is the last number on the victims phone... hey that has happened twice now, hasn't it. How highly intelligent is that.??

The reference to heroin was made by DM, himself, but has been deleted. Do not be fooled.

No it was from AM's Twitter

It said:
"I'll either be asleep or doing heroin -- DM"
...as IF it were a quote from DM
But it was written by AM
...and probably not to be taken seriously.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9423367&postcount=387"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9423367&postcount=387[/ame]

However, a contractor who worked on the hangar said Mr. Millard wasn’t the type to tinker on engines himself. “I’ve never seen his hands dirty that way. I didn’t find him that mechanically inclined,” the contractor said.

In fact, once when Mr. Millard needed some space he took a cutting torch and removed some structural components from the building, the contractor said. “That’s something you don’t do and I told him we have to put it back. And if he was a little more mechanically inclined, he would know that.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/inside-the-life-of-dellen-millard-the-man-charged-with-killing-tim-bosma/article12009016/

I remember this when it was originally posted, but wasn't one of the very early photos of DM we saw one of him standing on a truck while the engine was being installed or removed? With the background of his hobbies and all his 'toys', I would be very surprised if he actually was not mechanically inclined. I wonder if this contractor is just taking the opportunity of a cheap shot at a layman because of the dumb structural-wall maneuver.*

(I've lost track of why we're discussing his mechanical inclination--are we just breaking down his proclivities, or does this tie into his intellect?)

*Not defending DM. But this contractor's one-off is the only indication we've had that DM wasn't mechanically inclined. I know it's more comforting in some way to think of DM as a spoiled rich kid with no skills whatsover, but he didn't take pictures of himself and a completed car in a picturesque location--he took a picture of the process of engine replacement. That tells me he was interested in more than the end result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme