Suspect #1: Dellen Millard *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 15 May 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stolen motorcycle believed found in Millard hangar

A Toronto resident who does not want his name used tells CTV News that he listed his Harley-Davidson motorcycle for sale online in 2010.
He decided to take the ad down after having second thoughts about people coming to his home to view the motorcycle.

A police cruiser remains on scene at the Millard hangar at the Region of Waterloo International Airport, Saturday, May 18, 2013.

Not long after the ad was pulled down, the $35,000 motorcycle and a black trailer disappeared from the man’s driveway.

Read more: http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/stolen-...und-in-millard-hangar-1.1303767#ixzz2UnB4nLB2

Yes this shows all of our "drugs stashed in the truck" theories are false. But it still doesn't explain why they decided to murder Tim instead of just leave him abandoned somewhere. Unless he, like WM, just knew too much. :( Sad.

For me personally, not yet... regarding the drugs... "if" what DM said to LB exbf, that he was supplying her with an illegal substance... I think there is another "shoe" in this to fall yet. JMO But, I still think there is more... much more...

IF we consider how brazen it was to back a truck up down the lane and hook onto a trailer and drive it away... Bold and no brains = Superman Syndrome...

MY OPINION --> Since they couldn't google/reverse search TB Kijiji ad, they couldn't find out where he was without speaking to him and getting the address from him. The missing piece is... did they plan on killing him if they had to to get the truck? Or did they try to carjack it and he fought back and ticked someone off (their sense of entitlement to the truck) and/or did TB see the 2nd vehicle, put things together quickly and try to call 911?

Had they just left the 2nd truck hidden, went for the test drive, said thanks but, the truck is the wrong age or wrong seats etc... (excuse), they could have gotten him to drop them off someplace, called the 2nd vehicle and went back and stolen the truck... like they did with the bike.

Which leads me to believe (MY OPINION)
A) Premeditated to take out the Driver/Owner b4 test drive
B) Back up plan, they had to take him out due to unforeseen situation

Again... Just my thoughts. :)

I hope I'm not breaking rules - won't name names or anything, but does anyone remember pics of DM and friends on a boat from August of 2011? I wonder if it was the same one?
Yes I did and thought the same as you. It sure looks like the same boat. I'm kind of surprised that with all of DM's moola that he didn't own his own boat. IMO, renting a classy boat for a week or two is a bit discount...when you're a millionaire??

For me personally, not yet... regarding the drugs... "if" what DM said to LB exbf, that he was supplying her with an illegal substance... I think there is another "shoe" in this to fall yet. JMO But, I still think there is more... much more...

IF we consider how brazen it was to back a truck up down the lane and hook onto a trailer and drive it away... Bold and no brains = Superman Syndrome...

MY OPINION --> Since they couldn't google/reverse search TB Kijiji ad, they couldn't find out where he was without speaking to him and getting the address from him. The missing piece is... did they plan on killing him if they had to to get the truck? Or did they try to carjack it and he fought back and ticked someone off (their sense of entitlement to the truck) and/or did TB see the 2nd vehicle, put things together quickly and try to call 911?

Had they just left the 2nd truck hidden, went for the test drive, said thanks but, the truck is the wrong age or wrong seats etc... (excuse), they could have gotten him to drop them off someplace, called the 2nd vehicle and went back and stolen the truck... like they did with the bike.

Niagara-your reading my mind. IMO, premeditated all the way. Why kill some and not others? I think listening to Russel Williams explain why he didn't kill everyone holds an important key. "IF" there was any chance of being ID'd or tied to the crime...killing was the only option and it didn't take much thought..just had to be done.

BBM - I looked at the Kijiji ad moments after it was linked here in thread #1 and I am certain that the ad had a map link. When I clicked the link, it was very accurate in terms of where TB's home was. If finding a truck in a more desolate area was a goal for DM & MS, they could have easily ascertained this prior to calling TB to set up a test drive.

FWIW, I think TB may have used his address or at least an intersection when creating the Kijiji ad (as opposed to just a postal code). The address wouldn't have shown in the ad but as I've said, the map linked was very accurate. I just tested by putting TB's postal code in Google maps and the place marker ends up on a different road.

Just a quick followup to the discussion about DM's education. I suspect that the chef school he attended might be George Brown College.

And possibly where a few met up? AM's facebook says he went to George Brown and LB is a friend with AM. 6 degrees of separation?

trained as a chef, didn't it say career training school though?

First time poster here. Hope this is the right thread to post this.

Just wondering how often original car owners actually go on a test drive with the potential buyers? Were these guys planning on TB not going with them?

The reason I ask is I was recently having a conversation with a friend who was selling her car on Kijiji. She said her vehicle is insured and if someone came for a test drive, she would give them the keys and let them go without her. I asked if that was because of what happened to TB or would she have done the same before. She said she would have never have gone on a test drive. This was not the first vehicle she had sold on kijiji and she did not go with the person she had sold to the last time.

Just something that I was curious about.

Good question and you are absolutely right that now it seems so "dangerous" to do, but i have sold two vehicles through Kijiji/autotrader and have gone on the test drives with prospective buyers without any issues.

a) I don't want some strangers messing up my transmission, redlining my car on a joyride, etc.
b) I want to talk with the buyer and give them information on the car as I ride along.
c) If i felt any discomfort, i would just bring a friend along for the ride, so its not just me and the buyer(s).
d) Once or twice i let them go alone but only because they left their car with me while taking mine for a spin.

At the end of the day, you should always use your gut and if the communication or timing seems odd to you, just reschedule or say "no thanks", etc.

I hope I'm not breaking rules - won't name names or anything, but does anyone remember pics of DM and friends on a boat from August of 2011? I wonder if it was the same one?

If you post the link again, I can tell you if the picture was taken anywhere on Manitoulin or the north shore.

Originally Posted by Emgee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Those pictures were of a sailing trip in Croatia

A couple of new threads:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210819"]Harley in the Hangar: Chop Shop? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210818"]Blood Aboard the "Yacht" - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I know you guys hate switching threads, but you'll thank us one day when you're in a rush to find a piece of information, and don't have time to spend :lookingitup:.

Originally Posted by Emgee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Those pictures were of a sailing trip in Croatia

The sailing trip in Croatia was July/August 2012. In August of 2011 the friends from France were visiting Canada. I obviously can't link to the facebook photos but it's obvious when you see them (there's even Molson beer on the boat).

Thank you! Dellen was sailing and travelling all over the place during that month alone.

They are talking Brand new auto parts for the industry, Just in Time freight. I worked in the expedite business for years. They're not talking about used chop shop parts.

WM may have had a legit business ongoing, but that doesn't explain how he was the CEO with access to the hangar full of "hundreds" of vehicles that were obviously not part of the "brand new auto parts" business.

That's possible but they would also know about bike being there because the bike owner said he had it advertised for sale (but changed his mind).a He said he thinks they reverse searched his # to address:

"The hair on the back of his neck stands up when he thinks about it. He had put the bike for sale on Kijiji "more to test the market."

But when he started getting calls about it, he changed his mind.

"I don't know how it went but someone may have done a reverse look-up to get my address because soon after the bike and trailer were gone," he said."
http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/30/stolen-harley-found-on-property-of-accused-tim-bosma-killer

Yes it all depends on what info the owner gave, so if a phone number was listed or given out when contacted, the reverse search works most times...i just did a DRY test run....I went on kijiji and searched vehicles $20,000 to $30,000 and within 20 minutes I was successful 2 out of 3 tries for identifying where the seller lives without actually talking to them....THIS NEEDS TO CHANGE imo....so, ppl are taking pics of their cars in front of their house or in their neighbourhood, one instance I could easily see the lic. plate so trchnically someone COULD track seller that way. Some ppl like to post their actual postal code (not a good idea, but kijiji offers this option) so buyers have idea where the seller might be. So when a true postal code is given, kijiji links it to google maps and from there I was able to search the street and find the house that the person took a picture of their vehicle....easy as that to scope out the area and go heist the car or motorcycle rather than buying it like a NORMAL person would do.

This is near the distillery district where he apparently already owned a condo.

Real CLOSE...less than a 2 min drive....on TV cop shows when they have that wall dedicated to the case with dots and pins and threads etc....the DM wall is could be looking like a lite brite in the next 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE