Suspect #1: Dellen Millard *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 15 May 2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What multiple barriers to finishing high school would they have been? Which borderline personality disorder are we talking here. Bi-polar? Asbergers? Multiple Personality Disorder? Schizophrenia? Compulsive Liar? to name a few. how about spoiled rotten rich kid syndrome?
He left high school because there were only two teachers he liked or respected and his parents let him.
I would have liked to have used that one on my parents.... none of my teachers understand me and I'm not going back there ever again.
That only works if there really is a problem.

Where did you read "borderline personality disorder"? Was that in the article or is the school alumni defined by this somewhere? Or is there a presumption that people who choose alternative education have a borderline personality disorder?

Barriers can include outside interests (like whatever training was required to pilot a helicopter and plane by 14), home life and parental schedules.

And respectfully, wherever did you learn that any level of autism, such as Aspergers Syndrome, is a personality disorder? That is completely false and this is a perfect example as to why these matters should not be discussed here. Not because I or other posters "can't handle it" as one poster once mentioned, but because, if it ever happens, it is opening a can of worms sauteed in ignorance and misinformation that can be extremely hurtful to others.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Millard may have been a "difficult" teen if he had to finish school at Subway (and via correspondence too?). JMOO.

Did Lacey ever come out and claim he intended them to be satirical?

Not in an interview.

Since the song title references Home Alone, it would make sense that the song lyrics are not meant to be taken completely seriously. Some parts certainly read as sarcastic to me.

Regardless of the songs actual meaning, it is quite a common tattoo amongst BN fans and certainly not unique to DM in any way.

The cause of Wayne Millard's death remains a mystery. Police initially deemed it a suicide but have since reopened an investigation.

"People asked me how he died," Millard says. "I'd say he died of a sudden bleed in his brain, which is what the coroner told me."

I don't know how to read this. Surely the police didn't rule an aneurysm a suicide.

I agree he may have been difficult, it's always possible; I will point out that the few friends of mine that left high school for Subway One or other alternative school in Toronto did so because of a troubled home that disrupted schedule and/or had the need to work more than part-time hours. All were highly intelligent and none of them had any major psychiatric problems that I knew of or would ever imagine. They had unfortunate circumstances is all but were determined to rise above them. Then again I did not grow up in an affluent area so maybe thats just why kids in my 'hood benefited from Alt. Ed.

For the wealthier population, maybe a busy teen's schedule and laid back parents would justify such a move. Many parents support time for life experiences over classroom learning.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

I don't know how to read this. Surely the police didn't rule an aneurysm a suicide.

I was shocked when I read that. He is said to have shot himself in the head. "A sudden bleed to the brain?" Really?

One would think that the coroner or LE might have said something about the gunshot through the eye leading to the bleeding. Was DM not a witness to the death scene?

One would think that the coroner or LE might have said something about the gunshot through the eye leading to the bleeding. Was DM not a witness to the death scene?

Was he being facetious? Very very strange and disturbing IMO.

Was he being facetious? Very very strange and disturbing IMO.

Wasn't there something about the fact that no one outside the family knew it was suicide? Maybe a "bleed in the brain" was the family's cover story to outsiders and DM is sticking to it for whatever reason?

Or possibly inadvisable gallows humor.

Wasn't there something about the fact that no one outside the family knew it was suicide? Maybe a "bleed in the brain" was the family's cover story to outsiders and DM is sticking to it for whatever reason?

It was a little confusing but I read it as your former guess, and this was his answer to why he told people his dad had an aneurysm. I agree on the bad editing comment. Were they short on space? Knowing what we know, we can put some pieces together and find the disconnect.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Yes.

"People asked me how he died," Millard says. "I'd say he died of a sudden bleed in his brain, which is what the coroner told me."

He'd just omit the part about the bullet that caused the bleed.

This has a familiar ring:

When he got out of the car, he saw more than a dozen people — plainclothes officers with protective vests — pointing guns at him.

"I was in shock," he says. "I can't pinpoint the feelings. It was another world."

"Shock" because he was certain he'd convinced the investigators during the "almost friendly" meeting two hours earlier? He's not the first perp to make that error in judgment.

JMO

Yes.

When he got out of the car, he saw more than a dozen people — plainclothes officers with protective vests — pointing guns at him.

"I was in shock," he says. "I can't pinpoint the feelings. It was another world."

"Shock" because he was certain he'd convinced the investigators during the "almost friendly" meeting two hours earlier? He's not the first perp to make that error in judgment.

JMO

Personally, I would think shock would be the natural reaction to that situation if someone was innocent. I also don't think it is very unusual to want to hide a suicide in the family due to the shame that often surrounds the act. And I don't think that either of those facts are enough to say decisively that someone is guilty or innocent.

I do believe he is self absorbed and wants to be loved and adored for throwing his money around towards his friends. What he wears or clothing he owns is irrelevant, even though he makes sure to mention his "clothing style" in the interview.Weird, considering his friends also mention how he dresses in their statements about him (he looked like a hillbilly, etc).

I don't know what part of the interview gives the impression that he is self absorbed (it is an interview of him about him, having him talk about irrelevant things would have been odd, I think). He admitted he used his money to throw impressive parties for his friends, but I don't think that is too odd when you have that amount of money. I have seen some ridiculously lavish parties for no apparent reason, but I don't judge those people for having the ability to host great parties; no matter the budget, I think all hosts try to make their guests feel like their expectations are being met, in my experience.

I think if his clothing style were that irrelevant, it wouldn't be discussed in places like this ;) What I really think, now that you bring it up, is that the people who knew him in school who called him a hillbilly were most likely not his friends, and could have actually been the reason that DM's parents agreed to let him continue his education from home. Most alternative schools are filled with children who didn't fit in at their 'normal' schools, and were often bullied for it at some point in their education.

But in all, I think it was refreshing to hear him explain himself in his own words. I think a lot of us here have wanted to hear something from him, some admission or denial, and I think it is understandable that he can't talk about the case, especially to give his alibi, in my opinion. I imagine that the publication ban extends to him discussing certain aspects of the case as well, and we don't know if he said more but it was edited out due to the ban.

I think it's weird that he mentions things about how he dresses and where he shops (Costco) and that these are things his friends mention in interviews or have on their facebook pics. Nothing really new here except where he finished his highschool via correspondence. And that he loves himself (directly from the interview). JMO

Yes.

JMO

Thanks Bessie, I understand what he was trying to say about his father's death now. The "I'd say" part threw me off and I misunderstood.

Where did you read "borderline personality disorder"? Was that in the article or is the school alumni defined by this somewhere? Or is there a presumption that people who choose alternative education have a borderline personality disorder?

Barriers can include outside interests (like whatever training was required to pilot a helicopter and plane by 14), home life and parental schedules.

And respectfully, wherever did you learn that any level of autism, such as Aspergers Syndrome, is a personality disorder? That is completely false and this is a perfect example as to why these matters should not be discussed here. Not because I or other posters "can't handle it" as one poster once mentioned, but because, if it ever happens, it is opening a can of worms sauteed in ignorance and misinformation that can be extremely hurtful to others.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

You are absolutely correct. I apologize to anyone I may have offended. I take it back.

But in all, I think it was refreshing to hear him explain himself in his own words. I think a lot of us here have wanted to hear something from him, some admission or denial, and I think it is understandable that he can't talk about the case, especially to give his alibi, in my opinion. I imagine that the publication ban extends to him discussing certain aspects of the case as well, and we don't know if he said more but it was edited out due to the ban.

rsbm

I agree. Everyone else has had their say. It's nice to hear him have a voice. As Sue Sgambati of CP24 says:

Sue Sgambati‏@suesgambati21h
@AnnB03 No down side to Millard interview. He proclaimed innocence and publicly professed his love 4 girlfriend he's barred from contacting.

Maybe that was his intent.

JMO

Interesting information IF he was quoted exactly and represented correctly.

I see some guarded answers and over qualification, but it was a jail interview.

He has or gave no alibi nor alternate detailed "association" of the timeline with Tim. Notice when he was apparently asked about his arrest he dropped all the way back to the extreme beginning and walked the reporter though all the details. Almost like over explaining a simple morning up to THE EVENT or hiding what he actually did or felt. A legit person may answer that way but liars usually use detail to "memorize" an answer when hiding something. Somewhat similar to someone asking for the twelfth letter of the alphabet one has to go...a, b, c , d...Giving or using details to "ensure" getting to the "correct" answer/response.

On the other hand there was a specific point in the interview where I noticed a word combination I wouldn't expect a guilty person to use.

I think it says more about Robert Cribb, in my mind, than anything other than the fact a criminal personality is actually revealed a little at a time........

Giving the benefit of the doubt here, but isn't it also possible that, if an innocent person is shocked by an occurrence, when asked about that event, he would relate the whole story in detail, as explanation of why he found it unreal and left him in shock?

Or as another example - When a person is taken by surprise, isn't it possible they would relate the whole story as a way of remembering how it happened (rather than memorizing their answer)? I'm sure we've all had moments of "it happened so fast, let me try to remember how it happened".

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members