Suspect #3: True or False

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
so tonight I spent some time on google maps street view and see there is a dirt driveway covered in trees a few feet from TB's driveway (left side) that could have easily hidden the yukon..so if it was just the two of them, then one got out and got into the yukon (I still think there was 3) but this driveway looks like a good hiding spot. There is also a house directly across the road with rod iron gates and I am wondering if they have surveillance, this may be where they say SUV following soon after leaving tb's house..take a look.

https://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&tab=wl
1215 Trinity Rd S, Hamilton, ON

The implication then (if there are only 2 suspects) is that only one of them was in the truck with TB. The other would have been driving the Yukon, since surveilance cameras video taped TB's truck being followed by the Yukon. I suppose it still could have been set up as a 'hijacking', where the Yukon somehow pulled over the Ram Pickup. If that was the case, both suspects could have been involved. But... who knows, I guess we'll find out at a later date.

Not completely...they both could have been in the truck with TB, and I think they were for the reason that they could back each other up when trying to incapacitate or kill TB. Once that was done they could have switched off TBs cell, and soon after arrived at the Yukon that they had parked nearby. At that point they would have had to drive in separate vehicles (if there was just the two of them). MOO.

so tonight I spent some time on google maps street view and see there is a dirt driveway covered in trees a few feet from TB's driveway (left side) that could have easily hidden the yukon..so if it was just the two of them, then one got out and got into the yukon (I still think there was 3) but this driveway looks like a good hiding spot. There is also a house directly across the road with rod iron gates and I am wondering if they have surveillance, this may be where they say SUV following soon after leaving tb's house..take a look.

I looked at the same area awhile back on google streetview also and wondered the same thing. Hmm I wonder if the police looked into tire tracks or shoe prints in that little dirt driveway? To me it looked like a good cover for a vehicle to park then see TB's truck leave then follow behind soon after? So many scenarios and also it was getting dark, "under the cover of darkness" eerie :(

Just going through some of the earlier threads and came across this photo of TB's truck (from his online ads). Given how tinted the rear windows are, it would be difficult for even the best security cameras to pick up whether someone is in the backseat, particularly at night. Might be part of the reason LE isn't sure if Smich exited TB's truck to drive the Yukon.

Do we have any photos of DM's Yukon? I'm wondering if it has tinted glass.

$T2eC16d,!%29!E9s2fDIHwBRfb!V3oZw~~48_20.JPG

Just going through some of the earlier threads and came across this photo of TB's truck (from his online ads). Given how tinted the rear windows are, it would be difficult for even the best security cameras to pick up whether someone is in the backseat, particularly at night. Might be part of the reason LE isn't sure if Smich exited TB's truck to drive the Yukon.

Do we have any photos of DM's Yukon? I'm wondering if it has tinted glass.

$T2eC16d,!%29!E9s2fDIHwBRfb!V3oZw~~48_20.JPG

Or if anyone else exited ..or if someone else got in !!!!

Or if anyone else exited ..or if someone else got in !!!!

I am sure there would be some DNA evidence of another person who might of entered the vehicle. Anyways, LE does not have to prove that nobody exited or entered off camera.

If there were only 2 people, either they took the Yukon as soon as the test drive started, (MS hopped out at the end of the driveway and followed in the Yukon) or they returned shortly after to pick up the Yukon. Some of that pattern should be visible in the surveillance tape, we just don't know what sequence...

I was thinking that MS could have hopped out and followed in the Yukon to another point, like Ancaster Fairgrounds area where Tim could have been killed... if perhaps he refused to surrender/get out of the truck. (It would have been an odd thing to do, to follow in their own vehicle, but maybe they had some excuse to do that... like 'Tim could just drive back home in his truck and they could also go on their way without going back to Tim's house to get their truck'... save a couple of minutes... it was late at night after all.)

I cant see why MS would walk up to TB's front door with DM if he was going into the Yukon. There'd be no reason for him to risk exposure. A third party must have been driving the Yukon.
Was it ever mentioned how far down the driveway the Ram was parked? I understand it is a very long driveway but dont recall details on how far down it the three of them walked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotr
On Kijiji
http://hamilton.kijiji.ca/c-communit...AdIdZ482912584

And this one in the cars & trucks section:

Quote:
2007 Dodge Power Ram 3500 Pickup Truck
Please keep a look out for this truck. Our friend had it up on here
2 nights ago 3 guys came to look at it in ancaster 2 got dropped off
And the other guy said he would be back. Our friend tim bosma took the other
2 guys for a test drive near the fair grounds in ancaster. No one ever came back
Thay was 2 nights ago. Lisence plate 726 7zw. Please call police even
If u find a phone on the ground. Thanks go to the hamilton police services facebook page

Would be interesting to know why they believed there was 3 guys, who posted the ad.

Cross posting:
As for the Kijiji ad specifically mentioning 3 guys, I don't find a great deal of significance there.

Imagine the flurry of activity in that first 24 hours among TB's friends and family. Texts and emails flew through the tight-knit Dutch community in rural Ancaster that morning, and by 7 a.m. some two dozen friends gathered. http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/20...ssing_man.html

I think it's quite feasible that some details were skewed in the very beginning as the searchers rushed to get the word out there.

Can a case go to Trial if there are still more suspects at large?

This may have been mentioend already but maybe LE want to wrap this case up faster so are now saying that they are unsure if there is a third suspect.

I think they know that there was a third suspect based on video etc. so I don't see why else they would be back pedalling.

They probably just want this case to be done based on the negative press etc. IMO

IMO, I hope that LE looked through all CC cameras around area of the Sunday day-light test-drive. It might give an idea about 2 or more people came, where and how they parked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotr
On Kijiji
http://hamilton.kijiji.ca/c-communit...AdIdZ482912584

And this one in the cars & trucks section:

Quote:
2007 Dodge Power Ram 3500 Pickup Truck
Please keep a look out for this truck. Our friend had it up on here
2 nights ago 3 guys came to look at it in ancaster 2 got dropped off
And the other guy said he would be back. Our friend tim bosma took the other
2 guys for a test drive near the fair grounds in ancaster. No one ever came back
Thay was 2 nights ago. Lisence plate 726 7zw. Please call police even
If u find a phone on the ground. Thanks go to the hamilton police services facebook page

Would be interesting to know why they believed there was 3 guys, who posted the ad.

IMO this is exactly the story that DM and MS gave to TB and perhaps his wife when they walked up their driveway without a vehicle. The home is very rural and it would be incredibly odd for two people just to walk to the home. So that's the story that SB likely told friends and LE. And one of those friends posted that information on kijiji. They probably said something like "our buddy dropped us off, he has to go pick up something and he'll be back in a half hour".

Doesn't mean there was a third guy. It's just what they likely told TB and SB to explain why they had no vehicle of their own to leave at the home while they went on the test drive.

MOO

IMO this is exactly the story that DM and MS gave to TB and perhaps his wife when they walked up their driveway without a vehicle. The home is very rural and it would be incredibly odd for two people just to walk to the home. So that's the story that SB likely told friends and LE. And one of those friends posted that information on kijiji. They probably said something like "our buddy dropped us off, he has to go pick up something and he'll be back in a half hour".

Doesn't mean there was a third guy. It's just what they likely told TB and SB to explain why they had no vehicle of their own to leave at the home while they went on the test drive.

MOO

That would be my initial assumption also, especially with existing evidence apparently excluding a third party.

MS and DM needed an explanation for the lack of a vehicle. Which possibly was strategically place in advance, for the use in separate travels or in some cases, a decoy, post murder. IMO

<bbm> <snip>
This will always stand out to me, regardless of what they say about a suspect 3

Kavanagh said they were able to retrieve video surveillance which shows a second vehicle followed the three men in the truck as it left the residence.
Police are still trying to confirm the type of vehicle it was and how many suspects may have been in that second car

Read more: http://www.cp24.com/news/at-least-t...-murder-investigation-1.1280534#ixzz2W117kbxs

<bbm> <snip>
This will always stand out to me, regardless of what they say about a suspect 3

Kavanagh said they were able to retrieve video surveillance which shows a second vehicle followed the three men in the truck as it left the residence.
Police are still trying to confirm the type of vehicle it was and how many suspects may have been in that second car

Read more: http://www.cp24.com/news/at-least-t...-murder-investigation-1.1280534#ixzz2W117kbxs

I guess it really depends on where that video surveillance first picked up a trailing vehicle. The actual quote by Det Kavanagh during that news conference is...

"Video evidence that we've now recovered shows that when Mr Bosma's vehicle left his residence, there was a second vehicle following. We do not know at this time how many people were in that second vehicle. So right now we're looking at least 3, possibly more."

http://www.cp24.com/news/at-least-two-other-suspects-sought-in-bosma-murder-investigation-1.1280534

So by using the phrase "when the vehicle left his residence" is he talking about surveillance that captured the vehicles right as they left the driveway or somewhere further along down the route? I do think it was further along because I can't see where there would be video surveillance right at his driveway so perhaps that was a poor choice of words if this is the case. He should have said "sometime after the vehicle left his residence" if the video was captured somewhere other than right on or near the property.

I guess we're just not going to know, until the trial, where that surveillance came from and how close to the residence it was and how quickly that second vehicle was seen trailing.

MOO

So by using the phrase "when the vehicle left his residence" is he talking about surveillance that captured the vehicles right as they left the driveway or somewhere further along down the route? I do think it was further along because I can't see where there would be video surveillance right at his driveway so perhaps that was a poor choice of words if this is the case. He should have said "sometime after the vehicle left his residence" if the video was captured somewhere other than right on or near the property.

I guess we're just not going to know, until the trial, where that surveillance came from and how close to the residence it was and how quickly that second vehicle was seen trailing.

MOO

<snip>
I agree we wont know anything until trial.

I dont know the road TB lives on, are there any other houses around or an immediate neighbour that could've had security cams?
Do a lot of rural houses have security cams?

I believe it's common for rural properties to have security cameras to compensate for lack of eye witnesses during crimes involving theft and break-ins. I have a family member who lives in rural ontario. He has cameras on his property.

<snip>
I agree we wont know anything until trial.

I dont know the road TB lives on, are there any other houses around or an immediate neighbour that could've had security cams?
Do a lot of rural houses have security cams?

Here's a link to the google map. The "A" is actually showing a little further north of his home address. You can see his home there and then a forested area just to the north. And if you go on streetview there is a hidden driveway there, immediately to the right of TB's driveway. Very easy for them to have hidden the Yukon in there IMO. Especially in the dark.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=1215+t...lton+Division,+Ontario+L0R+1R0&gl=ca&t=h&z=18

There are businesses further north, closer to Wilson St that would likely have the kind of video surveillance that would pick up vehicles on the road, even if not very good quality. Can't see any of the rural homes along there having that kind of video surveillance since they are set so far back from the road and most have tree lines between them and the road. It would take some pretty high powered equipment for them to get footage of the road, at night from that distance.

MOO

I believe it's common for rural properties to have security cameras to compensate for lack of eye witnesses during crimes involving theft and break-ins. I have a family member who lives in rural ontario. He has cameras on his property.

I doubt having security cameras is common for rural properties. While some may have them, the majority do not much the same as security systems or even watch dogs. That observation applies to both urban and rural properties, IMO. Our experience was when we lived in a rural area, we felt no need for security cameras or security systems nor did our neighbours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
couchsluether