Suspect: Daniel Heinrich - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you for sharing your history, and also for helping to search for Jacob. It's interesting to know where people on here are coming from, and why/how they became involved with this case (and others). I really wish I hadn't been a lurker for so long, but there is still value I believe in discussing this case and analyzing the entire investigation. Meaningful reform can't happen unless there is an open and honest dialogue about those things that need to be reformed.

I wonder what reforms people want? Me, I want long sentences. Really, who wants a child molester as a neighbor?

Patty thinks they should be reintegrated into society.

No one else seems to be offering their ideas

I wonder what reforms people want? Me, I want long sentences. Really, who wants a child molester as a neighbor?

I was speaking specifically to LE procedures. Since you brought it up though, I think that's a bit of a generalization of Mrs. Wetterling's position. From everything I've heard her say on the subject, she's trying to make the point that not everyone who is a registered sex offender is cut from the same cloth, and some of these people shouldn't even be on the registry at all. The system that she had a hand in creating is being used in ways that she never intended.

As for the reintegration into society, I believe she is asserting that, if certain offenders are going to be released back into the general population, do we want to create an environment which puts up so many barriers that they are likely to reoffend? Or, should we step back and try and removed a bit of emotion from the equation, and try to do everything in our power to decrease the risk of people being sexually assaulted. This can be labeled as being "soft" on sex offenders (which some have accused her and others of being) but I believe her only intention, and main motivation, is to stop as many fututre incidents as possible. Looking at every sex offender in a one-dimensional manner does not help to achieve this. That doesn't forgive them of their crime, or lessen the revulsion attached to certain crimes, it simply takes into account the reality of the situation. Just my humble opinion!

I was speaking specifically to LE procedures. Since you brought it up though, I think that's a bit of a generalization of Mrs. Wetterling's position. From everything I've heard her say on the subject, she's trying to make the point that not everyone who is a registered sex offender is cut from the same cloth, and some of these people shouldn't even be on the registry at all. The system that she had a hand in creating is being used in ways that she never intended.

As for the reintegration into society, I believe she is asserting that, if certain offenders are going to be released back into the general population, do we want to create an environment which puts up so many barriers that they are likely to reoffend? Or, should we step back and try and removed a bit of emotion from the equation, and try to do everything in our power to decrease the risk of people being sexually assaulted. This can be labeled as being "soft" on sex offenders (which some have accused her and others of being) but I believe her only intention, and main motivation, is to stop as many fututre incidents as possible. Looking at every sex offender in a one-dimensional manner does not help to achieve this. That doesn't forgive them of their crime, or lessen the revulsion attached to certain crimes, it simply takes into account the reality of the situation. Just my humble opinion!

What about police procedures? What reforms?

As far as sex offenders, how do you put them in society? Do you want one next door to you?

I know some sex abuse survivors and they have never recovered. They have coped in totally different ways, but the trauma is still there.

The way that we get them to not reoffend is to keep them locked up. As a teacher and a friend, I heard the stories and the trauma. Not ok.

I had a six year old student that attempted suicide because her abuse was discovered at the doctor's. He told the child he would kill her if she told. She told me she would rather kill herself than to have him kill her. When I told her she did not have to worry because he was in prison, she said, "Yes. For one year."

Sorry, not interested if he can have a life in society.

There are so many variations of sex offenders that if we wholesale locked them all up, we would be forced to go on a massive prison system building initiative. As a nation we need to decide if we want to spend billions in tax money on prisons and lifetime care for these individuals, along with multiple murderers who get life rather than the needle.

There are so many variations of sex offenders that if we wholesale locked them all up, we would be forced to go on a massive prison system building initiative. As a nation we need to decide if we want to spend billions in tax money on prisons and lifetime care for these individuals, along with multiple murderers who get life rather than the needle.

So what are your ideas? Death penalty costs a ton of money.

Electronic monitors don't work. I have read on here how some cut them off.

Where I lived which was out in the country in MN with no place to work and no public transporatation, we got community notification once that a sex offender was being released into the community. It was bizarre as it was way out and in an area of very nice homes.

It turns out the offender gave a fake address and LE had no idea where he went. I was amazed they had not checked it out.

Prison seems to be filled with drug users which would be better served in other ways.

It seems we have a lot of messed up people. Maybe investing more money in smaller schools with after school activities would help. Also, having problem solving skills rather than punishment in schools.

My fear is that so many parents now use drugs and alcohol that kids are being affected in the womb and after.

The teachers I worked with say it is a whole new world since I retired. The opoid addiction is sky high and impacting the families in the school. What a mess.

I would like to see a distinction between a sexual predator such as this monster was - and the high school principal who is on a "sexual offender" list because he inappropriately touched a female teacher. I am in no way downplaying what the principal did however he does not "hunt children" for sexual urges.

This distinction between the hunters (like the monster who took Jacob) and other "sexual offenders" who are unlikely to be waiting behind a tree to grab a child who will never been seen again needs to be made.

Call them "human hunters", "dangerous predators" - just please I wish that society would insist on distinctions. This will save lives. Posting addresses of all of the "sexual offenders" in the county is important so that the public is aware when sexual offenders are released.

The sexual predators who hunt children are not likely standing in front of their house looking for opportunity. Although I would certainly want to know if they are in my neighborhood. They are in a car or behind a tree at the local park looking for their perfect opportunity. They drive by and search for children who are alone. They are "hunters".

But how many of these offenders on the lists actually wake up in the morning with a tremendous and uncontrollable "urge" to sexually attack a child (as interviews with child molesters maintain happens. They say it is all they think about in the back of their minds.)

These dangerous predators need to have a clear distinction in the court records as we know that they will never stop because they have said their urges are uncontrollable.

If the history and case of the sexual predator falls into the "dangerous predator" category then it needs to be noted on the Court endorsement then that distinction crucially needs to follow that individual. It is mandatory that the public is aware of this category.

This is only my opinion .

Where I lived which was out in the country in MN with no place to work and no public transporatation, we got community notification once that a sex offender was being released into the community. It was bizarre as it was way out and in an area of very nice homes.

It turns out the offender gave a fake address and LE had no idea where he went. I was amazed they had not checked it out.

Prison seems to be filled with drug users which would be better served in other ways.

It seems we have a lot of messed up people. Maybe investing more money in smaller schools with after school activities would help. Also, having problem solving skills rather than punishment in schools.

My fear is that so many parents now use drugs and alcohol that kids are being affected in the womb and after.

The teachers I worked with say it is a whole new world since I retired. The opoid addiction is sky high and impacting the families in the school. What a mess.

Dear Human,

I have read your posts with great interest over the past few years. Your insight and intuitive nature is excellent and you always
write with great compassion. You are greatly appreciated on these threads.

When you write:

I agree with you wholeheartedly. These are individuals who likely can be rehabilitated.

Evil cannot be rehabilitated. Individuals who have no care for humanity and have committed evil acts need to be in prison.

When you write:
"It seems we have a lot of messed up people. Maybe investing more money in smaller schools with after school activities would help. Also, having problem solving skills rather than punishment in schools."

Absolutely agree. This is exactly where the millions of dollars need to go. This is where the hard work comes in. This is where more school counselors are needed. This is where we need smaller classrooms.

To me, this is the only preventative way to turn children and youths away from paths of self-destruction. After school programs are essential - the message to the kids is - they matter! They need safe places where they can grow and develop into healthy adults.

Again, Human, your posts are sterling and I always look forward to reading them. Namaste,

Wow Zencompass. This is a new one for me. Usually people are saying how awful I am. Thanks.

What about the ones who groom kids?

Or how about parents who put their kids on *advertiser censored* sites or sell their kids for sex?

Or what about parents that sex abuse their kids or relatives who do?

If prisons are not an option, how about something like Alcatraz but more remote . They can live there, grow their own food. How many are there? Millions?

Should they live among us? They do have the category three, most likely to reoffend with the community notification. Otherwise, the general oublic does not know if a one or two has moved in next door.

I have a freind who is a retired probation officer. He said I would be amazed at how many sex offenders there are.

When I lived in MN, there were several I knew of. They made it to the news. One was really special. They adopted a few kids from one family. The father sex abused the kids. At first, there was a big write up of how great they were . They got donations, money towards a really big house they needed, accolades. Next thing you know they made the news for the sex abuse.

My daughter's friend who works for the county for child abuse cases lived five houses away. He said the kids looked to be well taken care of when he saw them in the neighborhood.

Dear Human,

I have read your posts with great interest over the past few years. Your insight and intuitive nature is excellent and you always
write with great compassion. You are greatly appreciated on these threads.

When you write:

I agree with you wholeheartedly. These are individuals who likely can be rehabilitated.

Evil cannot be rehabilitated. Individuals who have no care for humanity and have committed evil acts need to be in prison.

When you write:
"It seems we have a lot of messed up people. Maybe investing more money in smaller schools with after school activities would help. Also, having problem solving skills rather than punishment in schools."

Absolutely agree. This is exactly where the millions of dollars need to go. This is where the hard work comes in. This is where more school counselors are needed. This is where we need smaller classrooms.

To me, this is the only preventative way to turn children and youths away from paths of self-destruction. After school programs are essential - the message to the kids is - they matter! They need safe places where they can grow and develop into healthy adults.

Again, Human, your posts are sterling and I always look forward to reading them. Namaste,
Agree 100%
Human does ask great questions and provide much insight to some very serious issues❤

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Wow Zencompass. This is a new one for me. Usually people are saying how awful I am. Thanks.

What about the ones who groom kids?

Or how about parents who put their kids on *advertiser censored* sites or sell their kids for sex?

Or what about parents that sex abuse their kids or relatives who do?

If prisons are not an option, how about something like Alcatraz but more remote . They can live there, grow their own food. How many are there? Millions?

Should they live among us? They do have the category three, most likely to reoffend with the community notification. Otherwise, the general oublic does not know if a one or two has moved in next door.

I have a freind who is a retired probation officer. He said I would be amazed at how many sex offenders there are.

When I lived in MN, there were several I knew of. They made it to the news. One was really special. They adopted a few kids from one family. The father sex abused the kids. At first, there was a big write up of how great they were . They got donations, money towards a really big house they needed, accolades. Next thing you know they made the news for the sex abuse.

My daughter's friend who works for the county for child abuse cases lived five houses away. He said the kids looked to be well taken care of when he saw them in the neighborhood.
I've not read where anyone doesn't like you😉❤
There may be things we see differently at times, however, I agree whole heartedly with how you view sex offenders, their behavior...pretty much everything you have ever posted on " what to do with them "

I would like to see a distinction between a sexual predator such as this monster was - and the high school principal who is on a "sexual offender" list because he inappropriately touched a female teacher. I am in no way downplaying what the principal did however he does not "hunt children" for sexual urges.

This distinction between the hunters (like the monster who took Jacob) and other "sexual offenders" who are unlikely to be waiting behind a tree to grab a child who will never been seen again needs to be made.

Call them "human hunters", "dangerous predators" - just please I wish that society would insist on distinctions. This will save lives. Posting addresses of all of the "sexual offenders" in the county is important so that the public is aware when sexual offenders are released.

The sexual predators who hunt children are not likely standing in front of their house looking for opportunity. Although I would certainly want to know if they are in my neighborhood. They are in a car or behind a tree at the local park looking for their perfect opportunity. They drive by and search for children who are alone. They are "hunters".

But how many of these offenders on the lists actually wake up in the morning with a tremendous and uncontrollable "urge" to sexually attack a child (as interviews with child molesters maintain happens. They say it is all they think about in the back of their minds.)

These dangerous predators need to have a clear distinction in the court records as we know that they will never stop because they have said their urges are uncontrollable.

If the history and case of the sexual predator falls into the "dangerous predator" category then it needs to be noted on the Court endorsement then that distinction crucially needs to follow that individual. It is mandatory that the public is aware of this category.

This is only my opinion .
Yes!
I've said this for years.
Agree 100%

Yes
The opioid epidemic is out of control. People...young people, are dying left & right.
Such a shame.

What about police procedures? What reforms?

As far as sex offenders, how do you put them in society? Do you want one next door to you?

I know some sex abuse survivors and they have never recovered. They have coped in totally different ways, but the trauma is still there.

The way that we get them to not reoffend is to keep them locked up. As a teacher and a friend, I heard the stories and the trauma. Not ok.

I had a six year old student that attempted suicide because her abuse was discovered at the doctor's. He told the child he would kill her if she told. She told me she would rather kill herself than to have him kill her. When I told her she did not have to worry because he was in prison, she said, "Yes. For one year."

Sorry, not interested if he can have a life in society.
Agree
Dangerous pedophiles..and IMO they're ALL dangerous, should never be let back into a society where there are children. ( alcatraz sounds great as I do NOT think being sexually attracted to a CHILD is something that can be " turned off" )
It's a start..an excellent start, IMO

I've always said to round em up and drop em on an island.
Far from children.

I had a relative who worked at the moose Lake hospital for sex offenders. It is a state job with good benefits. One Friday, she walked off of the job to never return. She had no other job. She could not take listening to why it was OK to rape a four year old one more day.

She said that sex offenders are very manipulative.

The rehab idea for these offenders in Moose Lake--- no thanks.

The sentences should be longer. Then they would not be getting out so soon and need civil comiitment.

The crimes these ones in Moose Lake are horrendous.
The crimes are horrendous I have no doubt about that.
And if I had to guess..I bet the " residents " there, at Moose Lake, eat better than I do...have access to the best health care, etc.
Heck, they probably have cable television and have more channels than I do as well.
Pathetic, IMO

I've always said to round em up and drop em on an island.
Far from children.

A super max prison in the middle of the Great Basin Desert. If they try and escape, they would be dead of dehydration miles from the nearest road.

The issue I see is that no matter what horrific acts these individuals have committed, there are bleeding heart officials and ambulance chasers that would rush to their defense raising a cry of inhuman treatment.

A super max prison in the middle of the Great Basin Desert. If they try and escape, they would be dead of dehydration miles from the nearest road.

The issue I see is that no matter what horrific acts these individuals have committed, there are bleeding heart officials and ambulance chasers that would rush to their defense raising a cry of inhuman treatment.
Your last paragraph...yep.
Super max prison in the desert sounds great!
Even modeling our prisons after a few other countries who actually have PRISONS, not hotels with luxuries and benefits..might help..
With the way our prisons are so, comfy..who can blame some of them for being " repeat offenders?"

Your last paragraph...yep.
Super max prison in the desert sounds great!
Even modeling our prisons after a few other countries who actually have PRISONS, not hotels with luxuries and benefits..might help..
With the way our prisons are so, comfy..who can blame some of them for being " repeat offenders?"

Comfy prisons? When was the last time you saw a decent mattress or sofa in any prison? When was the last time you saw a 55 inch HDTV playing blue ray movies in prison? Prison is prison man, inhuman guards and loud talking criminals.

Comfy prisons? When was the last time you saw a decent mattress or sofa in any prison? When was the last time you saw a 55 inch HDTV playing blue ray movies in prison? Prison is prison man, inhuman guards and loud talking criminals.
You think so??
A friend of a friend just hit and killed a woman while driving drunk.
HE, is in prison.
HE has a nice, new television, weekly visits, has been eating well enough to put on 50 lbs..
Have you ever been to a prison?
Not watching " documentaries " on television..actually been inside?
Prisoners also are treated better than our elders in nursing homes.
Take something as simple as a SHOWER..if a nursing home is working short staffed..elders, who get TWO showers and WEEK..lose out.
Prisoners..pffft.
They have RIGHTS..many RIGHTS.
I'm not going to argue about this topic..it gets old. I will try and link to some facts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee
Back