Suspect - Daniel Heinrich

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing development! !!!! Confirmation as Jared's perp by DNA found on Jared's clothing. Can't wait to see how this plays out!!!!!

The details in the criminal complaint (28 pages) are chilling. Jacob's kidnapping matches all the details of the kidnappings in Paynesville. Unreal.

If anyone finds video of this guy with his voice, post it!!

How old was he in 1989? Do we know height and weight?

Channel 4 news reporter just said he has a low somewhat raspy voice. She heard him speak in court today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He wasn't on my radar. All the articles say is that his DNA matched the DNA from Jared's perp. Jared and Jacob's cases were similar so they were able to get a search warrant. they arrested him for child *advertiser censored* for now. A lot of it. Someone said his footprint was similar to the one found at the scene for Jacob. ELOCsoul's book had a chapter on DAH. DAH said it was probably someone else who did it who has a dark blue car.

Hart actually named Heinrich as someone who he felt could have done this (Jared and Jacob) back in 1989-90 when he was interviewed. (There are interview documents that are not online proving this, so I can't link them.) And LE looked at Heinrich back then, but did not have advanced enough DNA capabilities back then, or any solid evidence to charge him. (According to the news conference today, they have gone back several times as DNA tests advanced to attempt matches, and they finally got one.)

ELOC did not put Heinrich's name in his book, because Heinrich has never publicly been named. But this paragraph (below) describes Hart naming the individual he thought matched descriptions.

IMO, while Hart may have identified him and other possibles, he probably did so to save himself from being named, so it doesn't make Hart any kind of "good guy". But at least he gave Heinrich's name.

Here's that paragraph from ELOC's book, on page 248:

"When Hart was shown several sketches of possible suspects in both cases, he identified a handful of men as possible, but suggested one man in particular that he thought matched the description in Jared's case in Cold Spring. Hart identified that particular individual because the man often wore military type clothing, drove a dark blue car, and had a hand held police scanner. Each of those items was consistent with descriptions from Jared’s account of his abduction and assault."

From pg. 248 of ELOC’s book “It Can’t Happen Here”

I hope they post a pic of how Heinrich looked 26 years ago!

One thing I noticed about the pics of the car he used with jared....the shifter is in the middle of the seats....didn't jared say it was up on the steering wheel?

I hope they post a pic of how Heinrich looked 26 years ago!
I think that's on the photo gallery of evidence on cbs mn. Interesting that his 1989 car is a small blue car...thinking about DR report...I think that photo gallery is very interesting.

I watched a crime show reenacting the Jacob Wetterling case several years ago and wondered if LE would ever solve this case. Patty Wetterling has been an advocate for missing and exploited children for years, keeping Jacob's case in the forefront.

Now over 36 years later, there is good news that modern technology has found DNA linking a suspect to a similar case that happened near the place Jacob was taken from.
I pray that LE can find the link to tie the suspect to Jacob's case and finally solve this case.

The boys heard the man's voice. I wonder if after all this time it would do any good to have a line up of voices for the boys to listen to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024