Suspect - Daniel Heinrich

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? DJH worked at a Fingerhut location right across the street from Jacob's ice hockey rink? Is this the rink where he, Trevor, & Jerry went skating on the day of the abduction?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Well, yes, but it's a major highway, not a simple street. DJH would have had to been someone who went inside and hung out there to ever see Jacob. Which I guess is possible since he liked to watch kids biking, etc.

Something else I found interesting was that the obituary of DJH's father was really stark...no services to be held (is that common?), no "beloved father of..." or anything that would indicate that he would be missed. Basically just a list of where he worked and "survivors". Could be that the family was pretty messed up in more than one generation.

It makes me ponder the (unanswerable) question - are people like DJH born, or are they made, or is it some of both? I feel like I have no sympathy for him, but a small part of me stands back and wonders...what happened to him? What could have stopped him from turning into a monster?

I vote for born with the predisposition and triggered by the environment.

I am so sorry because I have super slow limited internet access. ButI think I read that he had a 1982 white fordexplorer and that LE took the tires off of that and those are the tires that matched. 3 of the same tires and one different?

On this Complaint (link below) it states at the time of Jacob's abduction he drove a 1982 Ford EXP
http://www.startribune.com/criminal-complaint-against-danny-james-heinrich/338471312/
pp. 11-12 “The abduction of Victim B”

"On January 12, 1990, the defendant voluntarily provided his shoes to
of?cers investigating the abduction. On January 15, 1990, the defendant allowed
investigators to remove the rear'tires from the 1982 Ford EXP he owned at the time of the abduction. An FBI examiner conducted a comparison examination between the tracks ?om the abduction site and the defendant?s tires and found that the defendant?s tires were consistent in size and tire tread to the cast impressions. The examiner also found that the defendant?s right shoe corresponded in size and design to an impression taken ?’om the abduction site. Based on my experience and training, I am aware that an opinion of an? exact mate of such impressions would have to be based upon unique characteristics of the tire or shoe, such as a scuff, wear mark or divot, in the item itself. No such unique markings were present on the tire or the shoe. However, the non-unique ?class characteristics? of size, shoe pattern and tread pattern of each appear to be the same."

Hope that helps.

This is from the article I referenced earlier:

Over the years, she said, she saw police at the house when Heinrich had altercations with his brother, who she said lived there on and off.

“He’d sit outside and talk to himself. And he’d have arguments with himself,” she said.

“He’s fine one second and the next minute, he’s swearing up a storm,” she said.

http://www.wctrib.com/news/world/38...itnessed-surveillance-search-warrant-and-were

Arguments with himself sounds like he might have been having auditory hallucinations. jmo Sounds like he might have had/still has a serious mental illness ? jmo

Arguments with himself sounds like he might have been having auditory hallucinations. jmo Sounds like he might have had/still has a serious mental illness ? jmo

Agreed, it is aberrant. Typical of paranoid schizophrenia. Could also be a dissociation of personality into multiples; typical of childhood trauma. He seemed obsessed with sexual fantasies of school mates he knew around the age of 12.

Although I always found this case to be haunting, I have not researched/worked on it/studied it like many posters here. And I'm amazed at the depth and detail uncovered by people posting here. So I hope all will bear with me : I understand that sexual predators often do escalate over time. What I find puzzling,though, is the sharp turn taken from this POI abducting boys, sexually assaulting them, and then releasing them fairly quickly. Then he abducts JEW, and possibly kills him ? Did he plan a murder before he went out that night ? if not, how would he have disposed of JEW's body ? Did he normally have items like a shovel in his vehicle, I wonder ?

If I can *speculate* here : if this POI associated with other pedophiles, is it possible that he passed JEW off to another pedophile after he had assaulted him ? For money ? Wonder if he seemed to spend more after JEW vanished ? Just speculating, and jmo. Also, what happened after JEW was taken ? I've never eard of a pedophile stopping what he/she does voluntarily. Also,if he had escalated his behavior to include murder, wouldn't he want to keep murdering victims ? jmo I have not heard of any murders of boys in that area since JEW was taken ? jmo

I'm not an expert on all these matters, but I do know something about clinical psychology. This is all jmo, but in response to each point:

... What I find puzzling,though, is the sharp turn taken from this POI abducting boys, sexually assaulting them, and then releasing them fairly quickly. Then he abducts JEW, and possibly kills him ?
This is very common in cases like this. Here he attempted first to fondle. He then attempted abduction. In that abduction he attempted to rape his last victim but failed and got frustrated. The next natural progression is to do the same but make sure he succeeds no matter what.

Did he plan a murder before he went out that night ?
I doubt it. He planned to satisfy an urge and his determination to do so was increasing with each attack.
if not, how would he have disposed of JEW's body ? Did he normally have items like a shovel in his vehicle, I wonder ?
No, I don't think he planned on murder. What is far more likely is that he disposed of the remains expediently and returned later to bury them. I'm looking at a person of such limited means that if he is the one who abducted JEW, and if he murdered him, then he had very few options. He couldn't sneak the remains around in his car when he lived at his mom's and had his dad's house as backup. He absolutely relied on his knowledge of the area and a "safe" place to operate. This is why I think there is a chance he deposited human remains (of JEW or others) near or at the same area where he assaulted JS. It isn't as though he had a lot of places to do this. The sad truth is that if no one ever bothered to look, there is a very good chance the remains would never be found. But the remains didn't just disappear and this guy didn't have the means to take them far.

If I can *speculate* here : if this POI associated with other pedophiles, is it possible that he passed JEW off to another pedophile after he had assaulted him ? For money ? Wonder if he seemed to spend more after JEW vanished ? Just speculating, and jmo. Also, what happened after JEW was taken ? I've never eard of a pedophile stopping what he/she does voluntarily. Also,if he had escalated his behavior to include murder, wouldn't he want to keep murdering victims ? jmo I have not heard of any murders of boys in that area since JEW was taken ? jmo

As for this line of speculation, I think it is unlikely because this POI held too much too close. I don't see this type being social enough to do this, jmo.

I remember reading once that someone chased a boy, but he was able to get inside his house before he was captured. The boy lived in JEW's neighborhood and was known to go to Tom Thumb frequently on weekends. I have searched and searched, but I can't find this information again. Does anyone else recall this? I remember reading this years ago. Because this story stayed with me, I always felt the kidnapper was targeting THAT boy, and not JEW. One of the 3 boys heard rustling on the way to Tom Thumb, so am wondering if the perp got tired of waiting for the other boy, and took the opportunity?

My second question is about DJH. Has anyone seen anything in the newspapers about his arrest (or otherwise) back in 1989 or 1990? I'm wondering if everything stopped because his name was made public, and it forced him to stay low all these years.

My third question is about what happened to Jared after DJH let him go. Does anyone know where he was released? Was he released back in town? Near where he was taken? Or on the side of the road in a less public area? I'm wondering if DJH heard about the abduction on the police scanner, and dropped JEW off in the woods, but JEW never found his way back? I know there were significant searches done at the time, but am wondering if that's even a possibility. There was another Minnesota case a few years ago where a young man walked across a field in the middle of the night after his car got stuck (I think), but they never found his remains.

For some reason, I think DJH let JEW go. He obviously didn't plan his attack very well if he didn't know he was parked in a driveway, not to mention leaving 2 witnesses behind who immediately called 911. He likely had his scanner with him, so would've quickly known he was being hunted. With events happening so quickly, he wouldn't have time to think through how and where to get rid of JEW in such a way that there would be zero evidence. For example, the police found DJH's tennis shoes from that night -- I think there would've been -- at minimum -- microscopic blood stains there or in the car. I'm probably wrong, but I feel like something else unexpected happened that night.

This is all just speculation.

My impression is that Heinrich did murder little Jacob. Maybe what happened was as mentioned above: That Heinrich was so frustrated & angry that he hadn't gotten to perform that one particular s@x act on the child b4, & so he was hell-bent that he'd make sure he succeeded. I've heard that that particular s@x means more than just having a s@xual 'high': My understanding is that it is one way that the perpetrator shows he has ultimate control over the victim, that he, the perp', is in charge of everything NOT the victim, and, also, I've heard it is a way that a perp' feels he 'destroyed'/'ruined' the victim---hard to explain but along the lines of perp' feeling he's 'King of the World' and he 'won' by entirely debasing his victim.

Having been in the area of the crimes, IMO, Heinrich would have had plenty of places to 'get rid of the body'. Remember this Heinrich is a very sneaky guy who got away with his crimes against local children for years & years! Heinrich himself said it, 'They (police) can NEVER pin it on me - they can NEVER prove it'. One thing we don't know (DO correct me if I'm wrong) is whether Paynesville made any big deal about all those other children being raped----------my impression is that it NEVER made news, never really was investigated, and was so minimized & forgotten that it wasn't until 2010, when the blogger dug & found the facts about Paynesville, that dots began to get connected there.

So very, very sad, IMO, that because the shoe print - WHICH IMO OBVIOUSLY IS Heinrcih's - and the tire marks each lack some unique identifying anomaly, the county attorney sees a case against Heinrich as having 'reasonable doubt' in law.

I've zero question in my mind that Heinrich is fully responsible. I trust law enforcement is trying to cook up some sweet deal to get Heinrich to let this poor Wetterling family have their son/& brother's remains. Can that possibly happen, or will Heinrich stick on & on with his 'deny-deny-deny'. Gheesh - - wonder if Heinrich's mom was Scott Peterson's mum, Jackie Peterson....

My hunch is that Heinrich was out doing his usual, trolling for 11 y old boys who he found exciting/stimulating to Heinrich. Only after that last episode of failure, IMO Heinrich would have all the right 'stuff' with him: Rope, duct tape, shovel. So Heinrich 'got lucky' that night spotting Jacob en route to Tom Thumb & then laid in prey for the 3 kids to return. Sneaky, criminal-minded & sexually perverted Heinrich surely knew that those 2 other kids likely would go blab to their parents - but it only 945pm, and it would have taken time for law enforcement to get to the scene, so IMO Heinrich really had that night to act out his awful perversions on the poor little innocent child & then kill the child. I think Heinrich felt he had to murder this child because he forced that particular s@x act upon the little boy - IMO that poor little boy wound up brutalized - Heinrich ha gone too far & knew he had to get rid of this little child - he couldn't let this child go.

I think we are very fortunate to have learned what Heinrich's neighbors observed & heard: IMO no question Heinrich 'fits the bill'.

Last note: Did others here go 'euwwww' & feel nauseous when you see that the view from Heinrich's home was the local middle school?

My third question is about what happened to Jared after DJH let him go. Does anyone know where he was released? Was he released back in town? Near where he was taken? Or on the side of the road in a less public area? I'm wondering if DJH heard about the abduction on the police scanner, and dropped JEW off in the woods, but JEW never found his way back? I know there were significant searches done at the time, but am wondering if that's even a possibility. There was another Minnesota case a few years ago where a young man walked across a field in the middle of the night after his car got stuck (I think), but they never found his remains.
He was let out near MN 158 in Cold Spring:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?hl=en&authuser=0&mid=zmwE5k5qa0zw.krzP3ibuYEB8

Interesting idea, but if the POI let JEW go then where is he? As for forensics on that car, I don't know if that was ever done. But assuming it was, JEW could have fled the car and been attacked outside the car. There are lots of possibilities.

The new POI was employed in St. Cloud shortly after the abduction and was not incarcerated, so he was still "in circulation" in the same general area. AFAIK there are no cases after the JEW case in which an unresolved felony abduction or homicide of a minor occurred; at least not any fitting the known parameters of this case. I am also not aware of any assaults matching this pattern afterward. This is one of the peculiar features of this case.

Some of the locals may know better than I, but I am not aware of any case in MN after the JEW case that has any features that would tie it to the JEW case. Given what we know about this type of crime, this is an odd circumstance.

Thank you Sigrun! That is what I was thinking,which leads me to wonder if JEW was a pivotal change for him. Meaning he is a pedofile yes but killing offers no thrill for him. For whatever reason, JEW died but that was never the intent. His death forced him into the cyber world because the images were safer then real boys. Idk, just a thought I had, probably has been discussed before. I'm still catching up.

My impression is that Heinrich did murder little Jacob. Maybe what happened was as mentioned above: That Heinrich was so frustrated & angry that he hadn't gotten to perform that one particular s@x act on the child b4, & so he was hell-bent that he'd make sure he succeeded. I've heard that that particular s@x means more than just having a s@xual 'high': My understanding is that it is one way that the perpetrator shows he has ultimate control over the victim, that he, the perp', is in charge of everything NOT the victim, and, also, I've heard it is a way that a perp' feels he 'destroyed'/'ruined' the victim---hard to explain but along the lines of perp' feeling he's 'King of the World' and he 'won' by entirely debasing his victim.

Having been in the area of the crimes, IMO, Heinrich would have had plenty of places to 'get rid of the body'. Remember this Heinrich is a very sneaky guy who got away with his crimes against local children for years & years! Heinrich himself said it, 'They (police) can NEVER pin it on me - they can NEVER prove it'. One thing we don't know (DO correct me if I'm wrong) is whether Paynesville made any big deal about all those other children being raped----------my impression is that it NEVER made news, never really was investigated, and was so minimized & forgotten that it wasn't until 2010, when the blogger dug & found the facts about Paynesville, that dots began to get connected there.

So very, very sad, IMO, that because the shoe print - WHICH IMO OBVIOUSLY IS Heinrcih's - and the tire marks each lack some unique identifying anomaly, the county attorney sees a case against Heinrich as having 'reasonable doubt' in law.

I've zero question in my mind that Heinrich is fully responsible. I trust law enforcement is trying to cook up some sweet deal to get Heinrich to let this poor Wetterling family have their son/& brother's remains. Can that possibly happen, or will Heinrich stick on & on with his 'deny-deny-deny'. Gheesh - - wonder if Heinrich's mom was Scott Peterson's mum, Jackie Peterson....

My hunch is that Heinrich was out doing his usual, trolling for 11 y old boys who he found exciting/stimulating to Heinrich. Only after that last episode of failure, IMO Heinrich would have all the right 'stuff' with him: Rope, duct tape, shovel. So Heinrich 'got lucky' that night spotting Jacob en route to Tom Thumb & then laid in prey for the 3 kids to return. Sneaky, criminal-minded & sexually perverted Heinrich surely knew that those 2 other kids likely would go blab to their parents - but it only 945pm, and it would have taken time for law enforcement to get to the scene, so IMO Heinrich really had that night to act out his awful perversions on the poor little innocent child & then kill the child. I think Heinrich felt he had to murder this child because he forced that particular s@x act upon the little boy - IMO that poor little boy wound up brutalized - Heinrich ha gone too far & knew he had to get rid of this little child - he couldn't let this child go.

I think we are very fortunate to have learned what Heinrich's neighbors observed & heard: IMO no question Heinrich 'fits the bill'.

Last note: Did others here go 'euwwww' & feel nauseous when you see that the view from Heinrich's home was the local middle school?

I definitely got a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach when I read that he lived so close to a school that had kids that age. The more I read about him the worse it got. So many things that fit with what happened. One thing that always stuck with me was when in the beginning when I read that the local kids used to park in the driveway and walk across to the woods and use it for a party spot. Looking at St. Josephs, Paynesville, Richmond and Cold Spring from Google Maps there are so many areas like that around those small towns. Like you said above, having grown up and gone to school there this guy would have known about them. It would be interesting to know of any of the other areas where kids would hang out back then. Might give more places to look. Although I'm sure the police thought of that back then too.

As I was drifting off to sleep last night, Mossad's words relating to something about Germany were mixing with the name "Heinrich" --- this case makes one think and re-think every single thing. I was sure Hollinger was somehow involved. I had no idea (did anyone here?) that authorities knew Heinrich's DNA was linked to Jared's case. Can someone remind me when authorities knew this? I'm trying to get my mind clear about the approach both the FBI and sheriff, etc took with regard to solving Jacob's case.

I have been thing about Mossads posts too and wondering if this is the guy he is posting about. Army....rough skin on face.....

I would like to know this too, Ifollowthis -- Mossad, were you thinking about Heinrich all along?

I feel confused, frustrated, annoyed, sad and a little bewildered. From what I've been reading here, posters seem 50/50 as to whether FBI knows Heinrich has something directly tying him to Jacob.

By the beginning of 2014, it was becoming clear that a former high-ranking member of the Wetterling Task Force investigation had inadvertently or deliberately misled several inquiring individuals about the likely culprit of the Wetterling abduction in the summer of 2013. Subsequently, the resulting misperceptions were innocently taken by some individuals to local and national media in the spring and summer of 2014, and perpetuated.

Once understood, the misguidance itself was not questioned or revealed. We have played along generally, even encouraging concerned locals to explore and prove out their various suspicions. Nevertheless, specific physical characteristics and origin of the actual culprit were made clear in this forum. Since then, we have grown increasingly critical of the unthinking and unproductive treatment of this cold case that has ultimately filled blogs and other media. Eventually, a challenge to regroup, rethink and take a new course was posted in this forum on Christmas Day 2014, to no avail. Social media has continued to perpetuate misguidance and malformed theory about the Wetterling abduction in 2015. Many people like to socialize about missing persons cases, but few, if any, actually dig to reach the truth.

We have flatly stated in this forum that neither DR, RussB, nor “Kevin” had anything to do with the Wetterling abduction. They simply lack the requisite pathology. They are noise. We have repeatedly warned that DAH, also the subject of much speculation, may very well regain his freedom before long to return to the Stearns County, Minnesota, community to face suspicious locals there. These and other factual observations have been subjected to repeated disbelief, ridicule, and censorship.

Prov. 11:14

Thank you Sigrun! That is what I was thinking,which leads me to wonder if JEW was a pivotal change for him. Meaning he is a pedofile yes but killing offers no thrill for him. For whatever reason, JEW died but that was never the intent. His death forced him into the cyber world because the images were safer then real boys. Idk, just a thought I had, probably has been discussed before. I'm still catching up.

This is my suspicion but I don't want to sound apologetic because I'm not. Yes, one possible explanation is that the murder was "accidental". You hear this a lot in criminal investigations but it may actually be true in this case. Otherwise, we have to explain what this guy has been doing for 26 years.

By the beginning of 2014, it was becoming clear that a former high-ranking member of the Wetterling Task Force investigation had inadvertently or deliberately misled several inquiring individuals about the likely culprit of the Wetterling abduction in the summer of 2013. Subsequently, the resulting misperceptions were innocently taken by some individuals to local and national media in the spring and summer of 2014, and perpetuated.

Once understood, the misguidance itself was not questioned or revealed. We have played along generally, even encouraging concerned locals to explore and prove out their various suspicions. Nevertheless, specific physical characteristics and origin of the actual culprit were made clear in this forum. Since then, we have grown increasingly critical of the unthinking and unproductive treatment of this cold case that has ultimately filled blogs and other media. Eventually, a challenge to regroup, rethink and take a new course was posted in this forum on Christmas Day 2014, to no avail. Social media has continued to perpetuate misguidance and malformed theory about the Wetterling abduction in 2015. Many people like to socialize about missing persons cases, but few, if any, actually dig to reach the truth.

We have flatly stated in this forum that neither DR, RussB, nor “Kevin” had anything to do with the Wetterling abduction. They simply lack the requisite pathology. They are noise. We have repeatedly warned that DAH, also the subject of much speculation, may very well regain his freedom before long to return to the Stearns County, Minnesota, community to face suspicious locals there. These and other factual observations have been subjected to repeated disbelief, ridicule, and censorship.

Prov. 11:14

I believe you postulated many suspects including one from Ohio?

If you had actual info as ELOC did, did you alert anyone to the suspect as ELOC did?

Mossad, where do you think Jacob is at now? Do you think the arrest of Heinrich will lead to the recovery of Jacob?

And in Nov 1989 if he was still living in Paynesville and driving to his job in St. Paul every day? 1hr 39 min a day?? Seems odd unless he lived in the cities at that time too?

And in Nov 1989 if he was still living in Paynesville and driving to his job in St. Paul every day? 1hr 39 min a day?? Seems odd unless he lived in the cities at that time too?
Didn't think it was anywhere near that far?

Ah, no, St. *Cloud*

This is my suspicion but I don't want to sound apologetic because I'm not. Yes, one possible explanation is that the murder was "accidental". You hear this a lot in criminal investigations but it may actually be true in this case. Otherwise, we have to explain what this guy has been doing for 26 years.

Based on how Patty Wetterling has described Jacob...I would have to believe that Jacob resisted, possibly fought back. I would imagine that very bad things can happen when a grown man is trying to subdue a terrified child.

If they bins of clothing and binders of photographs were confiscated in July I wonder if DNA testing has been processed on all the clothing by now? Is that how they're possibly linking him to other unsolved cases? Maybe they're not charging him yet because they're leveraging to find JEW and other victims burial locations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810