Suspect - Daniel Heinrich

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was my case, I'd be sitting on the junkyard for however many years until I could get inside that car. It seems like since the match wasn't good enough to charge him (and he denied it), and they had 80 million other tips to check on, they just forgot about DH.
:shame:

snipped
New questions I have tonight...

When was the sketch of DJH released to the public? Was it before or after DJH was first questioned in 1989, or after he was arrested in 1990? I'm asking because the sketch is SO accurate, I'm wondering if the police artist didn't sketch it directly based on seeing DJH in person, rather than Jared's recollection? Didn't they release another sketch at first, and then retract it? This is 100% speculation, but I'm wondering if LE was trying to point the public to him as a possible suspect without actually saying so?

.~~

Here is a mini timeline that speaks of the sketch release http://kstp.com/news/stories/s3948758.shtml

I have been contemplating whether or not DJH would intentionally kill Jacob or not, based on his M.O. with JS and possibly the Paynesville incidents. None of the other attacks lead me to believe he would kill Jacob just to kill him. Then I remembered DR's statement about seeing a woman, or possibly a child covering their eyes in that car that went through his driveway the night of Jacob's abduction. If that was Jacob, and the perp had him cover his eyes, I would think his intention was to release him the same way JS was released. He probably needed to remove his mask to drive, and wanted Jacob to cover his eyes so that he didn't see his face. If he never intended to release Jacob, I can't imagine he'd care about Jacob seeing his face or not.

Did Jacob see him? Did Jacob fight back? Did the perp become paranoid after hearing what I'm sure was a lot of activity on his police scanner?

I don't believe Jacob's death was premeditated. I think something scared the perp, or Jacob fought back or tried escaping and he hurt him.

Just my humble opinion.

One major difference between Jacob and Jared's kidnappings is the activity DJH must have overheard on the police scanner. As far as we know Jared wasn't reported missing, but he reported the crime after he was released, right? So DJH had a sense of 'freedom' with him that he wouldn't have felt hearing activity on the scanner with Jacob.

One major difference between Jacob and Jared's kidnappings is the activity DJH must have overheard on the police scanner. As far as we know Jared wasn't reported missing, but he reported the crime after he was released, right? So DJH had a sense of 'freedom' with him that he wouldn't have felt hearing activity on the scanner with Jacob.

Bingo. I totally agree with you.

If you listen to the KQRS Oct 30th morning show podcast they talked to DJH neighbor. He said he assumed he was considerably older than 52.
Interesting that you say that, because in 1990, when Heinrich was just 26 or so, Duane Hart had him pegged as being in his 40's.

"@PaulBlume_FOX9
Danny Heinrich preliminary hearing is over in 90 minutes. Judge finds probable cause to hold him in jail. No new Wetterling bombshell here."

I wonder if other victims were somewhat passive because they were so frightened, but Jacob fought back, and this escalated into a more serious encounter.

@esmemurphy
'FBI agent : after review of Wetterling case in Nov 2014 "it wasn't clear why we weren't still looking at him (Danny Heinrich) as a suspect" '

Not if the perp was wearing gloves, which I think he might have been, no?

Hopefully something similar to this is taking place behind the scenes and we will have some answers soon....

[video=youtube;1c-TIxEgcTA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c-TIxEgcTA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c-TIxEgcTA[/video]

This kind of torture may be necessary if the truth is against him but he isn't talking.

I'd just like to point out here that sometimes drug use can make a person appear to age considerably in a short period of time. You can search google images and see tons of before drug use, and after drug use photos. I've provided a link to the photos I just found through google images.... its scary what people look like after drug use. I also note many drug users deal with skin conditions, acne, lesions, redness, dryness..... I don't know if the JSN perp was a drug user then or now. But certainly I wouldn't put it past him.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=drug...oTCOnUh7Cx98gCFUJ4Pgod3HkNRw&biw=1440&bih=649

thanks for the link to the indictment! I'm reading it now. Interesting to note that on page 51, DH advised LE that he couldn't recall where he had been on 1/13/1989, nor could he recall where he was the night JW was abducted. He did state he could have been washing clothes, or visiting a friend.

This makes me wonder why he offered these up? There is something to this if you ask me. Those are random possibilities. What made him think he might have been washing clothes or visiting a friend? That leads to more questions for me. Why might he think he may have been washing clothes or visiting someone? Who did he think he might have been visiting? Why might they have been visiting? What was his normal routine for clothes laundering?

That is really really interesting to me that he offered up those two points. Why is he offering anything at all vs. simply stating he cannot recall? I bet if I noticed this, so did authorities.

I wondered about that too...The police definitely would have noticed that.. On page 39 one of the detectives checked with the national guard and verified that they didn't have a meeting on the weekend of Jared's abduction. I guess I expected to read something similar about the weekend of the JW abduction. Also that they checked where he did his laundry...at one of his parents homes or a public place. Towards the bottom of the indictment it looks like they are still looking for any paperwork/receipts that could prove where he was during the Jared and JW abductions. So they found nothing that could verify his location. Now if he was home alone and did nothing that left a trail I guess that makes sense, but if he was out driving around or visting a friend it's hard to believe someone wouldn't have noticed his car. Unless he was deliberately driving places where no one else was. When I first read that I thought, oh ok cruising around on a Sunday night probably means driving up and down main street or wherever the strip was in your town. Hanging out at McDonalds etc..etc..... I would like to know what driving around meant to DH. I have a sinking feeling it doesn't mean what it does to most people. It wasn't a social thing. It was more like spying on people. Evading detection. Obviously this is just my opinion. I'm realizing that even though I've read a lot of things on this there are a lot of things I missed or connections I didn't make. I read other peoples posts and it's like ding!...that makes total sense, now I'm getting a clearer picture.

See and I wanna know who was being overheard by JNS on the radio (hand held radio like a walkie talkie with a scratch on it, up in front seat during his abduction which JH turned off). The indictment mentions that JNS heard two voices over that thing, a male and female voice. I wonder what they said, and if it was at all related to what was going on with JNS???

Wow... "In 1990, Daniel Heinrich gave federal investigators samples of his body hair. The hairs were placed under glass slides, labeled and delivered to a lab where they sat for 26 years.
In May, an investigator with the Wright County Sheriff’s Office turned the slides into the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension for testing. The final report concluded the body hairs submitted by Heinrich matched hair samples found on a 12-year old boy who was assaulted in Cold Spring in 1989."

http://kstp.com/article/stories/s3951355.shtml

I forget how many rape kits are sitting on shelves in MN as well as the rest of the US. I think there was a recent directive from the POTUS or where? to start processing them

-------------------------
Why did the samples languish for so long. Surely there is a reason.

Google rape kits sitting on shelves in MN as well as the rest of the US.$$$$$$$$

See and I wanna know who was being overheard by JNS on the radio (hand held radio like a walkie talkie with a scratch on it, up in front seat during his abduction which JH turned off). The indictment mentions that JNS heard two voices over that thing, a male and female voice. I wonder what they said, and if it was at all related to what was going on with JNS???

I was wondering that also, not sure if a walkie talkie can possibly pickup on other frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl