Suspect - Daniel Heinrich

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, this means that the person who took Jacob potentially tried to abduct other boys after Jacob's abduction? Where was DJH working at this time? In St. Cloud?

The warrant says that his last day at Fingerhut was 10/8/89, and he started at Northstar Mailing in St. Cloud on 11/12/89. I think someone earlier in this thread had tried to map out his employment history as well as possible, so there may be more information on how long he stayed at Northstar.

The incidents after Jacob's kidnapping seem to have a somewhat different feel to them, though that is JMO. Certainly corresponds with his job there, at least for the Monticello incident.

Unless he confesses, I don't see them getting a conviction

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Sadly, I think you might be right. At least he'll be in jail (I assume!), but it's just so unfair. I keep hoping that someone close to him will come forward with that one crucial memory or piece of evidence. A brother, or maybe even something that one of his parents might have said to someone before their deaths. It's not like his family didn't know he was being investigated for ALL these crimes.

Plus wasn't the Ford Exp a manual stick shift? That would mean he took off his mask and put one hand on the wheel and the other on the shifter. What would stop Jacob from trying to get out of the car? Another reason he had him cover his eyes so he couldn't see that he had to put the gun down in order to drive after he removed his mask? Maybe he tried to subdue him in a panic and killed him? He would have been overwhelmed with the fact that the dirt road was a driveway and not a road,, maybe he saw DR look out the window as he turned around the driveway with Jacob in the passenger seat, he very quickly hears the scanner blowing up and he's got a scared kid in the passenger seat as he tries to get out of there quickly.

With Jared, he had no mask and no witnesses so nobody to immediately report him. Jacob had to be a last minute decision. He had no way of knowing the boys would be headed out in the dark for the first time that night.

I've been trying to figure out if the Ford EXP was a manual or automatic. On the wiki-page it says you could also get an automatic transmission in that year. I haven't found any photos of the inside of the EXP. I'm not sure how else it could be figured out. If you have the vin number of a car I think that will tell you engine and transmission codes, but I'm not positive. I thought it would be interesting to know what that substance was on the floor of the garage. I can't tell if it's red or brown. Something was leaking a lot of fluid fairly recently in the garage. I'm wondering if anyone asked if it was that car and what happened. Like did he bottom out the car and something started leaking or?

Expressionless in court:

[video=twitter;661967058012237824]https://twitter.com/JWilsonKSTP/status/661967058012237824[/video]

Jared was at the hearing today, and I think I read went to the courthouse last week. I wonder if he wants to see the case through, see the man who attacked him after all these years of wondering, or put pressure on him to confess info in JW's case.

I am concerned he will never confess. So, I have created a scenario in my head that JW did fight back before he was molested/attacked. In my little story, he died from gun shots and never knew the pain of molestation and, then, a slow torturous death. Having read too many accounts that are horrific and done to so many other innocents....I will stick with this unless he does tell what he did to this young man.

I've been trying to figure out if the Ford EXP was a manual or automatic. On the wiki-page it says you could also get an automatic transmission in that year. I haven't found any photos of the inside of the EXP. I'm not sure how else it could be figured out. If you have the vin number of a car I think that will tell you engine and transmission codes, but I'm not positive. I thought it would be interesting to know what that substance was on the floor of the garage. I can't tell if it's red or brown. Something was leaking a lot of fluid fairly recently in the garage. I'm wondering if anyone asked if it was that car and what happened. Like did he bottom out the car and something started leaking or?

It appears to be reddish like automatic transmission fluid. If that is indeed the case I guess it would be pretty safe to assume that the car is indeed an automatic.

Same here. Seems pretty clear he's a sociopath with little to no conscience, and I don't think there is or will be any other incentive great enough for him to confess. So incredibly sad for the Wetterlings. I hope I'm wrong.

I also think too Posting, that perhaps Jared is thinking ( in his own mind ) " Hey LOOK at me you SICK SOB! I'm RIGHT HERE and you did NOT break me! "

Just my two pennies

Just a thought regarding escalating violence. It was stated that in the first abduction that a sex act was "attempted," but failed. Maybe the perp felt like that try failed due to the cramped location. He decides to try again, this time taking his subject to a new location, yet his attempt was still a failure. This angers the perp, as he realizes it wasn't the location, but rather his inability that caused failure. He carries that anger out on Jacob, yet doesn't ever recommit the same act due to his extreme embarrassment of the high probability of the same failure. Not embarrassed by the victim, but his own embarrassment of himself and his abilities.

(I hope that is the most decent way to word all that.)

I think you're on to something. I think the inability to satisfy his urges with JS and the use and brandishing of the firearm in the JEW abduction are related. He backed down when JS fought him off saying, "I give up", rather than escalating his violence with his bare hands. The next time around he used fear and threats (of a firearm) rather than brute physical force. I think this is important in understanding his psychology.

I have been contemplating whether or not DJH would intentionally kill Jacob or not, based on his M.O. with JS and possibly the Paynesville incidents. None of the other attacks lead me to believe he would kill Jacob just to kill him. Then I remembered DR's statement about seeing a woman, or possibly a child covering their eyes in that car that went through his driveway the night of Jacob's abduction. If that was Jacob, and the perp had him cover his eyes, I would think his intention was to release him the same way JS was released. He probably needed to remove his mask to drive, and wanted Jacob to cover his eyes so that he didn't see his face. If he never intended to release Jacob, I can't imagine he'd care about Jacob seeing his face or not.

Did Jacob see him? Did Jacob fight back? Did the perp become paranoid after hearing what I'm sure was a lot of activity on his police scanner?

I don't believe Jacob's death was premeditated. I think something scared the perp, or Jacob fought back or tried escaping and he hurt him.

Just my humble opinion.

I think you are also on to something. I do not sense that he intended on homicide either. No, the simplest explanation it seems to me is that he just wanted to do the same thing he did with JS, but in JEW's case, to finish the sexual act that was the plot of his ongoing fantasy. And the simplest explanation for JEW not coming home is that JEW flipped the script and tried to flee.

I am concerned he will never confess. So, I have created a scenario in my head that JW did fight back before he was molested/attacked. In my little story, he died from gun shots and never knew the pain of molestation and, then, a slow torturous death. Having read too many accounts that are horrific and done to so many other innocents....I will stick with this unless he does tell what he did to this young man.

Based on the way Patty Wetterling has described her son, I also believe that Jacob tried to fight off his attacker.

We keep getting conflicting statements on the tire tracks. In this news story they are referred to as a "partial match". Others are saying there were three different tires on the car and all three of those match to the driveway. There is nothing partial about that.

The tires were a rare, narrow brand. Additionally, they had a different tread pattern on the front than on the back. Those two different patterns also appear in the tracks found in the driveway. It is a very close match.

One major difference between Jacob and Jared's kidnappings is the activity DJH must have overheard on the police scanner. As far as we know Jared wasn't reported missing, but he reported the crime after he was released, right? So DJH had a sense of 'freedom' with him that he wouldn't have felt hearing activity on the scanner with Jacob.

Maybe. But would this convince him to promote his crime to homicide? Not sure which way it would fall.

I wonder if other victims were somewhat passive because they were so frightened, but Jacob fought back, and this escalated into a more serious encounter.

Or tried to flee? Recall the vehicle used in JEW's abduction was a different model, one without much of a back seat and without child safety locks.

Plus wasn't the Ford Exp a manual stick shift? That would mean he took off his mask and put one hand on the wheel and the other on the shifter. What would stop Jacob from trying to get out of the car? ...
Very little. And there were no child safety locks and he was most likely in the front seat. At any moment the car stopped he could easily flee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl