Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,312546,00.html

Illinois State Police Captain Carl Dobrich told the Tribune 64 officers are now assigned full-time to investigate the disappearance of Stacy Peterson and the death of Kathleen Savio.
Dobrich said in the course of the investigation, detectives discovered evidence Drew Peterson may have violated Bolingbrook Police Department policies.
Dobrich would not describe the alleged violations, but told the Tribune they were serious enough to potentially trigger the loss of Drew Peterson's $6,000 monthly pension. Under state law, a police officer's pension may be denied or revoked if the officer is convicted of a job-related felony.

:woohoo: :woohoo:

(Snip)
But what is the probability that this would happen to two of wives of same man?
That's a 1 in 1.8 billion chance.
If the world's population is 6.6 billion, "You'd have to go through a quarter of that to have this happen to someone - so roughly four people in the world," said Jeremy Nadolski, assistant professor of mathematics at Benedictine University.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/news/657262,6_1_NA19_PETERSON_S2.article

(Snip)
But what is the probability that this would happen to two of wives of same man?
That's a 1 in 1.8 billion chance.
If the world's population is 6.6 billion, "You'd have to go through a quarter of that to have this happen to someone - so roughly four people in the world," said Jeremy Nadolski, assistant professor of mathematics at Benedictine University.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/news/657262,6_1_NA19_PETERSON_S2.article

So, Drew and Michael Peterson...can we think of the other two off the top of our heads?

ETA: I guess in all fairness we should inclue Lynn Turner. Who's number 4?

So Drew feels he'll be arrested because the police have to arrest him or people will think they aren't doing their jobs..do I have that right? So once again it isn't about what Drew did, in his mind it's what other people have to do..this man is whacked.

So, Drew and Michael Peterson...can we think of the other two off the top of our heads?

ETA: I guess in all fairness we should inclue Lynn Turner. Who's number 4?

What about the dentist...Corbin? 1st girlfriend or wife committed suicide. 2nd wife committed suicide. *cough* He was convicted of both murders, I believe.

What about the dentist...Corbin? 1st girlfriend or wife committed suicide. 2nd wife committed suicide. *cough* He was convicted of both murders, I believe.

Its Bart Corbin and he ended up making a plea bargain. He killed his girlfriend then later his wife. He set it up for both to look like suicides. Just finished reading a new Ann Rule book ( Too late to say goodbye) on that case. Very good book btw.

Its Bart Corbin and he ended up making a plea bargain. He killed his girlfriend then later his wife. He set it up for both to look like suicides. Just finished reading a new Ann Rule book ( Too late to say goodbye) on that case. Very good book btw.

Oh, thanks for the details, rccook. I love Ann Rule but haven't read that book yet.

I think that he only changed his tune when the guy that gave/lent/sold him the murder weapon of his wife admitted that he gave the gun to Bart. Otherwise, I believe that Bart would have held out to the end.

I think that he only changed his tune when the guy that gave/lent/sold him the murder weapon of his wife admitted that he gave the gun to Bart. Otherwise, I believe that Bart would have held out to the end.

Oh yes, i agree. If not for Richard Wilson coming clean with providing Bart Corbin with the gun he would have held out to the very end. They were in the middle of jury selection when Wilson finally caved and told what he had done. A coupled days later they made the plea bargain.

by Greta Van Susteren
Yes, the FBI is now being called in to help investigate the disappearance of Stacy Peterson and any related matters. Having the FBI summoned is signficant.
OTR Producer Steph Watts called Sgt. Peterson’s lawyer for a statement….and here is an email from Steph (by the way, read the lawyer’s statement and POST YOUR COMMENT about what you think about it): (more at link)

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2007/11/24/news-in-stacy-petersonsgt-peterson-story/

by Greta Van Susteren
Yes, the FBI is now being called in to help investigate the disappearance of Stacy Peterson and any related matters. Having the FBI summoned is signficant.
OTR Producer Steph Watts called Sgt. Peterson’s lawyer for a statement….and here is an email from Steph (by the way, read the lawyer’s statement and POST YOUR COMMENT about what you think about it): (more at link)

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2007/11/24/news-in-stacy-petersonsgt-peterson-story/

LOL, I thought their position was that she left and wasn't missing. Looks now like they are changing their position.

Contents of Joel Brodsky's statement, faxed to and retyped by Steph Watts for
Gretawire. Steph retyped it verbatim;

“The FBI is a great investigatory agency, with a wide range of resources at its disposal. It certainly has a legitimate role in assisting local law enforcement where the Bureau has assets the local authorities don’t have.
The FBI knows how to separate rumor and suspicion from fact and evidence. The FBI has been known to clear suspects names who have been targeted by local authorities, just as much as they make arrests. We believe the FBI will clear Mr. Peterson’s name in the Kathy Savio and Stacy Peterson matters, and will be able to re-focus the Stacy Peterson investigation back to being the missing person case it was at the beginning.”

LOL, I thought their position was that she left and wasn't missing. Looks now like they are changing their position.

I know, great point - what did he say? - she's just missing, she took a little vacation, she found someone else, and he wasn't worried - he just hopes she shows herself. I still think he will go down in the annals of crime as one of the world's stupidest criminals if he did indeed have someone take her body out in a barrel the day she disappeared.

DP's been caught in a no.. of lies - he told Cassandra Cales he was home while she was watching his house sans cars and one police source said they can find no record of any calls at 9PM when SP allegedly made that infamous call to DP :liar:

I don't know what a prosecutor needs in the way of circumstantial evidence to go to trial?

I know, great point - what did he say? - she's just missing, she took a little vacation, she found someone else, and he wasn't worried - he just hopes she shows herself. I still think he will go down in the annals of crime as one of the world's stupidest criminals if he did indeed have someone take her body out in a barrel the day she disappeared.

DP's been caught in a no.. of lies - he told Cassandra Cales he was home while she was watching his house sans cars and one police source said they can find no record of any calls at 9PM when SP allegedly made that infamous call to DP :liar:

I don't know what a prosecutor needs in the way of circumstantial evidence to go to trial?

One thing they need is evidence of death. Finding her remains would be one way. Or a witness. But sometimes they can do it say from a blood pool that strongly indicates the injury wasn't survivable. And we don't know what they found in the home.

Finally, an article that talks some sense instead of regurgitating the usual stale quotes and disclaimers.Thanks, SuziQ!

Reporter takes jab at Drew and anonymous letter writer:

Is Drew trying to act, sound like a suspect?

People magazine interview does nothing to help his case

http://www.suntimes.com/news/roeper/667052,CST-NWS-roep26.article

Hilarious...

snipped from above link...

Here's another scenario for you. Let's say you're at the local supermarket when you spot someone who looks an awful lot like Stacy Peterson. It might be her!

Do you:

A. Attempt to engage the young woman in conversation.

B. Make a quick and quiet call to authorities and tell them you've just seen a missing person.

C. Casually call out, "Hi Stacy!" to see if she responds.

D. See if there's a security person on duty who can quietly approach the woman and see if she is indeed Stacy.

E. Go home, write an unsigned letter and send it to Drew Peterson.

Peterson attorney Joel Brodsky says Peterson received just such a letter (with a Peoria postmark) last week from an anonymous individual who claimed to have encountered Stacy on Nov. 12 in a Kroger grocery store.

According to the letter's author, Stacy wasn't shopping -- she was in the dairy section, looking at the letter-writer.

Right. Because if you've been missing for the better part of a month and your disappearance has become a national story, if your family is desperately praying for some sign you're alive, you wouldn't come forward, and you wouldn't be a thousand miles away.

You'd be in the dairy section of Kroger, waiting for that special letter-writer person to find you.

Ex-fiancee says she didn’t fear Drew Peterson
Kyle Piry now thinks the young cop she almost married is capable of murder

“To look back, I don’t think at that time I would have thought he was capable of it,” she said. “But after I’ve heard the stories and things that have occurred with previous wives, they’re just very, very similar to the things that occurred with me. It seemed like it started with me. I heard his first wife said there was no abuse of any sort — and maybe snowballed — with each woman got a little worse.”

snip...
Piry even filed domestic abuse charges with the Bolingbrook police, but, she said, his friends on the force encouraged her not to pursue them. “I can’t say they were covering up,” she said. “They just wanted it to go away.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21973225/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member