Syringe in bottle and traces of chloroform #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would respectfully disagree. IMO testosterone replacement is a viable medical treatment. From what I have been hearing, will become increasingly
utilized.

However, rinsing out a syringe with tap water smacks of stupidity. IMO, it would take a pretty hard core druggie to do this. Rinsing with alcohol would make a lot more sense.

Not saying it is impossible, just saying it does not make sense to me.

Except this particular blend doesn't seem to be available legally in the US.(with the four differents types of testosterone).

I understand it's medical use as HRT for men, since my Dad was legally prescribed this here in Oz and used it for a few years....and he was definately not a buff bodybuilder or a druggie....LOL.
I doubt that someone needing it for genuine medical reasons would discard or store it out in the woods.
My point was that someone obtaining and using illegal drugs to buff up is not using much common sense to begin with, so using tap water isn't such a stretch imo.

copy from JWG
From the Crystal Light bottle:
2-Butanol - Solvent, also converted to Butanone
methyl ethyl ketone - Solvent, denaturing agent, cleaning agent
Methyl Alcohol - Solvent
Disulfide, dimethyl - Insecticide - contributor of urine smell
P-cresol - Disinfectants, insecticides
Anisole - Aromatic in perfumes and insecticides
Methyl Isocyanide - Pesticides
cyclohexane, [(1-methylpropyl)thio]- - Fungicide, insecticide?
Trimethylamine - Manufacturing use. Main source of urine smell
Phenol - Antiseptic, herbicide
2-Nonanol, 5-ethyl- - Fungicide, insecticide?
Benzothiazole - Industrial use - binding agent?
1-Methoxycycloheptatriene - Use unknown, seems to be a neurotoxin

Once again, what appears to be cleaning fluid

this is what was found that they first thought was urine???
why would this be in the trash bag in the trunk of the car........thats sooo weird....now if it turned out to be just urine......its weird...but i would understand it.....but urine and all the other things in there......why?

Lizzyf from the other thread about urine...made a comment about kc taking urine from a tolet......could that fit in with what was listed as found in the crystal light bottle????

like if the tolet had one of those automatic tolet cleaning things in them????
:eek:

What is different about the methyl ethyl ketone that draws your attention to it, Valhall?

The contents of the Crystal Lite bottle especially interest me because we know it came from the bag of garbage from Casey's trunk. . . and probably wasn't quite as degraded as the gatorade mixture that was floating around in the slush at the dump site.

MEK is something that is rarely used in consumer products (if at all possible to avoid) because it's not good at all. (by the way, it is also referred to as 2-Butanone, Methyl acetone and ethyl methyl ketone).

In the past you could have found a lot of paint products that had MEK in them, but industry has moved away from using this due to the inhalation and chronic issues surrounding it.

To be real honest, the closest off the shelf product I can find that includes several of the constituents in the crystal lite bottle is lacquer thinner. That would take care of your MEK, methanol, cyclohexane and possibly more. But there are other things in here as well. It is definitely a "witch's brew" of weird stuff.

OK, let's move on from chloroform since that proved to be a dead end. :banghead:

I took a look at what was found in the Gatorade bottle, the syringe, and the Crystal Light bottle. Here I summarize what the chemistry lab found. Later I will try to do the same for the toxicology lab (which is where the testosterone was noticed). I have sorted the compounds in order of greatest to least abundance, and I have added a little comment as to the possible purpose of the compound.

From the Gatorade bottle:
ethanol - Denatured ethanol is a solvent
dodecanol - Surfactant
limonene - Solvent
turpineol - Herbal oil
n-tridecan-1-ol - Used in cleaning solutions
2-methyl-1-undecanol - Used in cleaning solutions
7-Octen-2-ol, 2,6-dimethyl - Aromatic used in soaps
dodecane - Solvent
tetradecyl trifluoroacetate - Used in insecticides
1,7,7-trimethyl-bicyclo[2.2.1]hept-2-yl ester - ?
tert-butanol - Used to denature ethanol
eucolyptol - Frangance, insecticide
acetone - Used to denature ethanol
IMHO, it looks to me like the Gatorade bottle contained a household cleaner or possibly something like a degreaser. There may have been a mixture of cleaners. Clearly it was not Gatorade or anything one would want to ingest.

From the syringe:
dodecanol - Surfactant
Butylated Hydroxytoluene - Anti-oxidant used in food preservation and other industrial purposes
ethanol - Denatured alcohol is a solvent
limonene - Solvent
turpineol - Herbal oil
dodecane - Solvent
undecane - Attract moths, cockroaches
tetradecane - Cosmetic use?
As with the Gatorade bottle, the syringe contents suggest some form of a cleaner is present, although it does not appear to be identical to the contents found in the Gatorade bottle. Again, this appears to be a set of chemicals one would not expect to find in a syringe.

Given the testosterone was found in the toxicology analysis, my initial reaction is that the syringe was used to inject steroids and discarded. It was later found and used to hold a caustic substance.

Methyl Alcohol - Solvent
Once again, what appears to be cleaning fluid, insecticide, deodorizer, or some mixture of the above is found in the Crystal Light bottle. Not what one would expect to find.

can we get a link with page number from where you got the info for each of the three things you listed above.....or is it a combo of info you found? i wanted to give the link....and credit to you ....when i use the info :)

by the way......thank you!!!

I would respectfully disagree. IMO testosterone replacement is a viable medical treatment. From what I have been hearing, will become increasingly
utilized.

However, rinsing out a syringe with tap water smacks of stupidity. IMO, it would take a pretty hard core druggie to do this. Rinsing with alcohol would make a lot more sense.

Not saying it is impossible, just saying it does not make sense to me.

It is also increasingly used in Gynecology in the form of a cream or dermal patch.

when i was reading over the docs last night...or early am...LOL....i kept coming back to them saying house hold cleaner.....

i get chloroform could be a low dose you would find ...like in water....
the testostertone....a used needle.....

what would make them think household cleaner?

having household cleaner in there to me....rules out ....just anyone shooting up with that.......does that make since?

KC did look up household weapons.....

in the emails between the labs and LE....at first they mentioned to look for chloroform....then later in emails they said they had searchs on the computer to support looking for (....) i would have to look back....

so they werent just asking to look for only drugs, chloroform...but one another thing......when i find it i will post.....:)

ok....its in a post above.....LOL....thats what i get when i dont read thru first......its ethanol....

Household cleaner, fabric softener etc could have been used in an attempt to mask the smell of testosterone if the owner of the syringe was paranoid about sniffer dogs???
Not that it would fool a trained dog though.

Here's my take: The four diff types of testosterone and ethanol are accounted for by sustanon or its equivalents. Trace amounts of chloroform accounted for by bodybuilder rinsing syringe out with tap water to refill syringe from ampule.(stupid, but possible).
Buff dude puts it in gatarade bottle with cardboard to protect it from sunlight and uses household cleaner to mask the smell.
JMO

Lizzyf from the other thread about urine...made a comment about kc taking urine from a tolet......could that fit in with what was listed as found in the crystal light bottle????

like if the tolet had one of those automatic tolet cleaning things in them????
:eek:

No no no.. I was being sarcastic.. writing a sci-fi-mystery-whodunnit plot :blushing: LOL

No no no.. I was being sarcastic.. writing a sci-fi-mystery-whodunnit plot :blushing: LOL

oh....i know :)....but it could be something....if you want me to....i can take my post out? :)....i just thought it was worth it to say something....

Just an idea on household cleaners and such given the lab reports of the bottles and syringe. This kinda goes along with household weapons. Which was searched on the Anthony computer.

Anyone here see Terminator 2 way back when? In the Psych ward Sarah Conner takes a syringe plops a big bottle of cleaner on the table and fills the syringe with it. Then jabs a dude in the neck. Not saying this is what happened or this is where Casey got the idea.

However if someone was looking up household weapons or easy lethal weapons this is certainly something that would constitute being as such. Injecting any kind of cleaner in an individual is certainly going to have some adverse effects. Just reading what was in the syringe and bottles made me think of that movie scene.

OK, let's move on from chloroform since that proved to be a dead end. :banghead:

I took a look at what was found in the Gatorade bottle, the syringe, and the Crystal Light bottle. Here I summarize what the chemistry lab found. Later I will try to do the same for the toxicology lab (which is where the testosterone was noticed). I have sorted the compounds in order of greatest to least abundance, and I have added a little comment as to the possible purpose of the compound.

Snipped by me

Once again, what appears to be cleaning fluid, insecticide, deodorizer, or some mixture of the above is found in the Crystal Light bottle. Not what one would expect to find.

I chose this post to reply to, although there were many I could have chosen by several posters. I am so in awe of the amazing work that has been done by our Websleuths over the past few days.

In fear of accidentally overlooking someone, I don't want to name anyone in particular, but so many people contributed from their own area of strength. Whether someone had a science background, legal knowledge, research skills, or common sense to pull things together, our talented members made the unintelligible technical data tangible for the rest of us.

Thank you to every member here, for all that you do day in and day out, in honor of a little girl none of us will ever meet. I am so lucky and grateful to have found this site.

Can't you just envision the folks in the FBI lab at lunch crowded around a monitor viewing this thread..laughing and bonking their heads.."Ooooh...they are so close, so close!"
Ok, maybe not.. i'm sure those are some bizzy peeps up in Quantico.. LOL:)

From the Gatorade bottle:
ethanol - Denatured ethanol is a solvent
dodecanol - Surfactant
limonene - Solvent
turpineol - Herbal oil
n-tridecan-1-ol - Used in cleaning solutions
2-methyl-1-undecanol - Used in cleaning solutions
7-Octen-2-ol, 2,6-dimethyl - Aromatic used in soaps
dodecane - Solvent
tetradecyl trifluoroacetate - Used in insecticides
1,7,7-trimethyl-bicyclo[2.2.1]hept-2-yl ester - ?
tert-butanol - Used to denature ethanol
eucolyptol - Frangance, insecticide
acetone - Used to denature ethanol
IMHO, it looks to me like the Gatorade bottle contained a household cleaner or possibly something like a degreaser. There may have been a mixture of cleaners. Clearly it was not Gatorade or anything one would want to ingest.

From the syringe:
dodecanol - Surfactant
Butylated Hydroxytoluene - Anti-oxidant used in food preservation and other industrial purposes
ethanol - Denatured alcohol is a solvent
limonene - Solvent
turpineol - Herbal oil
dodecane - Solvent
undecane - Attract moths, cockroaches
tetradecane - Cosmetic use?
As with the Gatorade bottle, the syringe contents suggest some form of a cleaner is present, although it does not appear to be identical to the contents found in the Gatorade bottle. Again, this appears to be a set of chemicals one would not expect to find in a syringe.

Given the testosterone was found in the toxicology analysis, my initial reaction is that the syringe was used to inject steroids and discarded. It was later found and used to hold a caustic substance.

Methyl Alcohol - Solvent

Thanks JWG. This post has already made its way onto other forums.You're a legend!

Do you think it's possible that the roids were 'cut' with the other chemicals found in the syringe?
Lots of drugs are cut (often with toxic chemicals) several times over for maximum profit.

Resp Snip

Can't you just envision the folks in the FBI lab at lunch crowded around a monitor viewing this thread..laughing and bonking there heads.."Ooooh...they are so close, so close!"
LOL :)

Thank you for that funny and uplifting scenario. :)

I just wanted to post quickly to apologize for my post last week, when I first heard the news come out about the chloroform I ventured into the thread to read. My post said that little Haleigh deserved so much more life. I positively meant to say Caylee and I just wanted to apologize.

After following the Haleigh Cummings case so closely for all these months it was truly an honest mistake, rather than just go back and edit my post I wanted to give Caylee the honor that I feel she deserves.

Thanks JWG. This post has already made its way onto other forums.You're a legend!

Do you think it's possible that the roids were 'cut' with the other chemicals found in the syringe?
Lots of drugs are cut (often with toxic chemicals) several times over for maximum profit.

What does it have to do with anything?

I just wanted to post quickly to apologize for my post last week, when I first heard the news come out about the chloroform I ventured into the thread to read. My post said that little Haleigh deserved so much more life. I positively meant to say Caylee and I just wanted to apologize.

After following the Haleigh Cummings case so closely for all these months it was truly an honest mistake, rather than just go back and edit my post I wanted to give Caylee the honor that I feel she deserves.
That was such a sweet thing to read elle and on that note, I will bid you guys good night.:)

It is also increasingly used in Gynecology in the form of a cream or dermal patch.

And though the medication that has all 4 is not legal here in the US, they are legally combined to create the same drug.

I looked for different combinations of "cut" drugs. At one time I wondered if the chloroform was used for just that. But, I couldn't find anything that even came close. I never thought that testosterone would be "cut". Hmmm...anybody hear of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJane 55