Syringe in bottle and traces of chloroform #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to post quickly to apologize for my post last week, when I first heard the news come out about the chloroform I ventured into the thread to read. My post said that little Haleigh deserved so much more life. I positively meant to say Caylee and I just wanted to apologize.

After following the Haleigh Cummings case so closely for all these months it was truly an honest mistake, rather than just go back and edit my post I wanted to give Caylee the honor that I feel she deserves.
Oh, Elle...you are such a dear. IMO there's absolutely no need to apologize.

OK, let's move on from chloroform since that proved to be a dead end. :banghead:

I took a look at what was found in the Gatorade bottle, the syringe, and the Crystal Light bottle. Here I summarize what the chemistry lab found. Later I will try to do the same for the toxicology lab (which is where the testosterone was noticed). I have sorted the compounds in order of greatest to least abundance, and I have added a little comment as to the possible purpose of the compound.

From the Gatorade bottle:
ethanol - Denatured ethanol is a solvent
dodecanol - Surfactant
limonene - Solvent
turpineol - Herbal oil
n-tridecan-1-ol - Used in cleaning solutions
2-methyl-1-undecanol - Used in cleaning solutions
7-Octen-2-ol, 2,6-dimethyl - Aromatic used in soaps
dodecane - Solvent
tetradecyl trifluoroacetate - Used in insecticides
1,7,7-trimethyl-bicyclo[2.2.1]hept-2-yl ester - ?
tert-butanol - Used to denature ethanol
eucolyptol - Frangance, insecticide
acetone - Used to denature ethanol
IMHO, it looks to me like the Gatorade bottle contained a household cleaner or possibly something like a degreaser. There may have been a mixture of cleaners. Clearly it was not Gatorade or anything one would want to ingest.

From the syringe:
dodecanol - Surfactant
Butylated Hydroxytoluene - Anti-oxidant used in food preservation and other industrial purposes
ethanol - Denatured alcohol is a solvent
limonene - Solvent
turpineol - Herbal oil
dodecane - Solvent
undecane - Attract moths, cockroaches
tetradecane - Cosmetic use?
As with the Gatorade bottle, the syringe contents suggest some form of a cleaner is present, although it does not appear to be identical to the contents found in the Gatorade bottle. Again, this appears to be a set of chemicals one would not expect to find in a syringe.

Given the testosterone was found in the toxicology analysis, my initial reaction is that the syringe was used to inject steroids and discarded. It was later found and used to hold a caustic substance.

From the Crystal Light bottle:
2-Butanol - Solvent, also converted to Butanone
methyl ethyl ketone - Solvent, denaturing agent, cleaning agent
Methyl Alcohol - Solvent
Disulfide, dimethyl - Insecticide - contributor of urine smell
P-cresol - Disinfectants, insecticides
Anisole - Aromatic in perfumes and insecticides
Methyl Isocyanide - Pesticides
cyclohexane, [(1-methylpropyl)thio]- - Fungicide, insecticide?
Trimethylamine - Manufacturing use. Main source of urine smell
Phenol - Antiseptic, herbicide
2-Nonanol, 5-ethyl- - Fungicide, insecticide?
Benzothiazole - Industrial use - binding agent?
1-Methoxycycloheptatriene - Use unknown, seems to be a neurotoxin
Once again, what appears to be cleaning fluid, insecticide, deodorizer, or some mixture of the above is found in the Crystal Light bottle. Not what one would expect to find.

0002012D.gif

Personally, all this crap in a Crystal Light bottle sounds really bizarre to me. I'm sure they must have asked TL about it...so just where is THAT interview?

Just read JWG's posts about the cleaning products and other weird things in these items (great post!). Anyway, my mind immediately went to that saying "I am going to wash your mouth out with soap". And then my mind went to the alleged fight between Casey and Cindy on June 15, and if in fact that fight happened, it wouldn't surprise me if Cindy said just that in response to Casey's likely potty mouth.

And Casey, being the spiteful one she claims, did just that to Caylee, then duct-taped her mouth shut for maximum effect. (all IMO and just my mind rambling)

Why is the news still talking about the chloroform? AWC just posted new reports.

What does it have to do with anything?

Just trying to figure out the presence of the chemicals that the chemistry lab found in the syringe.
JWG's scenario of the syringe being used first for steroids then reloaded with something else makes sense. But I wondered if there could be an explanation for all of the chemicals/toxins being found with a single use.

According to google, most roids are bought from underground labs in the US.

They did a study and purchased different types of steroids from different suppliers and sent them to the lab for testing and found that the majority were contaminated with everything from heavy metals to flamables used to make plastics.
I think it was around 64% were found to have other chemicals added to the steroids, that were not listed on the labels.
So its possible that all of the chemicals found in the syringe can be explained by a contaminated batch of steroids, which is common.
JMO

I looked for different combinations of "cut" drugs. At one time I wondered if the chloroform was used for just that. But, I couldn't find anything that even came close. I never thought that testosterone would be "cut". Hmmm...anybody hear of this?

Google 'contaminated steroids'.

Ahhh, could KC have used the syringe as NG states, Chloroform and all, then to cover her tracks, (for once) poured in a cleaning solution, run it through the syringe, dropped the syringe into the bottle with the cleaning solution, and off to Block Buster...

Just heard on ISSUES JVMitchell.........baby doll had chloroform on it also.

On another thread on WS....gaterade bottle contained urine.

Would death be quick or long and suffering from injected chloroform?
IIRC, KC was seen pacing in a parking lot of a motel one of the nights of that
fatal weekend.
Did she have to get away or tape Caylee's mouth from screaming in pain?
or would Caylee fall into a coma asap?
Any doctors here???

That could explain the Gatorade bottle/syringe contents... but there weren't any steroids in the Crystal Light bottle, were there?

I havent even looked at the crystal light info yet, so I have no idea how it factors in.
Was it in the disney bag with the syringe? TIA

Just heard on ISSUES JVMitchell.........baby doll had chloroform on it also.

On another thread on WS....gaterade bottle contained urine.

Would death be quick or long and suffering from injected chloroform?
IIRC, KC was seen pacing in a parking lot of a motel one of the nights of that
fatal weekend.
Did she have to get away or tape Caylee's mouth from screaming in pain?
or would Caylee fall into a coma asap?
Any doctors here???

Seems JVM needs to get her facts straight. The Gatorade bottle did not have urine in it. The Crystal lite bottle was reported to "smell like urine". Unless KC was pissing MEK and methanol...I don't think it's urine.

I havent even looked at the crystal light info yet, so I have no idea how it factors in.
Was it in the disney bag with the syringe? TIA
JWG (post 56 on this thread) listed the contents. It was found in the trash bag in the trunk, is my understanding.

OK, let's move on from chloroform since that proved to be a dead end. :banghead:

I took a look at what was found in the Gatorade bottle, the syringe, and the Crystal Light bottle. Here I summarize what the chemistry lab found. Later I will try to do the same for the toxicology lab (which is where the testosterone was noticed). I have sorted the compounds in order of greatest to least abundance, and I have added a little comment as to the possible purpose of the compound.

dodecanol - Surfactant
limonene - Solvent
turpineol - Herbal oil
dodecane - Solvent
IMHO, it looks to me like the Gatorade bottle contained a household cleaner or possibly something like a degreaser. There may have been a mixture of cleaners. Clearly it was not Gatorade or anything one would want to ingest.

From the syringe:
dodecanol - Surfactant
Butylated Hydroxytoluene - Anti-oxidant used in food preservation and other industrial purposes
limonene - Solvent
turpineol - Herbal oil
dodecane - Solvent
As with the Gatorade bottle, the syringe contents suggest some form of a cleaner is present, although it does not appear to be identical to the contents found in the Gatorade bottle. Again, this appears to be a set of chemicals one would not expect to find in a syringe.

Given the testosterone was found in the toxicology analysis, my initial reaction is that the syringe was used to inject steroids and discarded. It was later found and used to hold a caustic substance.

Methyl Alcohol - Solvent
Once again, what appears to be cleaning fluid, insecticide, deodorizer, or some mixture of the above is found in the Crystal Light bottle. Not what one would expect to find.

So perhaps Ms. Anthony came accross a syringe after someone used the steroids that were in it, and decided to mix all of the chemicals she could find in the house to make a concotion to kill Caylee?
Caylee obviously would not drink it, and KC is not a chemist, she would seem to prefer the sloppy attempt instead of actually making chloroform. KC said that what LE found in the trunk was just cleaning chemicals, when AD spent the night there and talked to her about it (or was that Tracey?).
Just a thought, but maybe this would not have killed Caylee, may not be related at all-And would these things create high levels of chloroform in the trunk?

The trimethalymine is the worst thing in the Crystal lite bottle. It can drop you dead.

INHALATION EFFECTS:
Corrosive and irritating to the upper and lower respiratory tract. Higher level concentrations are extremely destructive to the airway and could result in chemical pneumonitis and pulmonary edema. Severe destruction of tissues will result from prolonged exposure. Inhalation may have fatal consequences as a result of spasm, inflammation and edema of the larynx and bronchi.

OSHA sets the safe limit on this stuff at 5 ppm (that aint squat). After that you have to have a respirator if you're going to be working in it for any length of time.

dodecanol - Surfactant
limonene - Solvent
turpineol - Herbal oil
dodecane - Solvent

From the syringe:
dodecanol - Surfactant
limonene - Solvent
turpineol - Herbal oil
dodecane - Solvent

Methyl Alcohol - Solvent

Lots of solvents and cleaners listed. I am going to study this list more when I get home. But I had a thought today about testosterone and syringes. I have read that meth users who are still sexually active use testosterone to counteract the ill effects of meth on their male "working parts." Do any of these chemicals come from meth ingredients? I see a few cigarette ingredients in this list but I am not familiar enough with meth to know how it's made or what chemicals its ingredients break down into.

Great info. I am excited to look these chemicals and compounds up and think more about them.

JWG (post 56 on this thread) listed the contents. It was found in the trash bag in the trunk, is my understanding.

Thats what I thought. Since I don't believe the syringe is related to the case, I doubt the syringe and crystal light bottle have anything to do with each other.

Now give me a min to try to figure out why someone would pour these other chemicals into the crystal light :waitasec: (presumably at TL'S?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinzstel