Syringe in bottle contained traces of chloroform

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still looking (googled: chloroform, testosterone, ethanol and water).
Found this website, it has ALL 4 ingredients.

Revivogen Scalp Therapy for hair loss
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss-articles/362.htm

Snipped from website (bolded by me)...

2.3 Testosterone

Testosterone: [4-14C] testosterone (Amersham B76, 54 mCi/mmole, 2.35 nmole/epidermis). [4-14C] testosterone stock-solution was dissolved in ethanol and diluted in sterile water (1% ethanol final).

2.5 Extractions and analysis

Transepidermal diffusion assessment: the amount of testosterone that passed through the epidermal tissues was measured by liquid scintillation counting (LKB 1211 Rackbeta counter) of a fraction of culture medium.

Metabolism analysis: the steroid molecules from culture media were extracted by 2 volumes of chloroform/methanol (98:2) and dried. The various molecular species (testosterone metabolites) were separated by thin layer chromatography (TLC) on silica plates (RE/Silice, Whatman) in a solvent system containing dichloromethane, ethylacetate and methanol (85:15:3). The plates were autoradiographed and testosterone metabolites were quantified using a phosphorImager and specific software (Packard instrument).

EDIT.. nevermind, this is proven to be incorrect a few pages ahead... the chloroform and ethanol are used to derive the testosterone for medicine (or something to that effect)???...SORRY, I was just trying to do my part in the searching.

I am so stunned i dont even have words for this. I was hoping that bottle had something in it but I never thought KC was that stupid. Well, now I do. They will never EVER find a jury that wont give her the DP on this - now we know why it was brought back - now we know why they SA said they had "overwhelming proof" of 1st degree, yes, mixing up chloroform is pretty much premeditated....I am as bleeding heart as they come but I wont be shedding too many tears for KC. I expect she will be a rare woman who doesnt end up with life on appeal - this one, as, a mother, blows my mind.

OMG! That bottle and syringe has been bugging me for a long time....I had a feeling about it , yet was so frustrated that we hadn't heard anything.
This and the bug report, which I haven't gotten to, has go to be interesting.
The first thing I thought when I read the latest news is "Casey is Toast...Burnt Toast"
Maybe they can get the Ol Sparky ready and tell her that they ran out of needles for her!

Poor sweet Caylee:(
That whole family should go down in flames for covering up and obstruction! JMO

I don't think I've ever heard of injecting chloroform. But I could see using a needle to dose out presice dosage on a rag or something without gassing yourself. Without the needle I would think too much air could get inside the syrenge and evaporate.
Did they find any juice boxes at the site? I could see her injecting it into something for Caylee to eat or drink.

I wish we had some definitive answers about this syringe and liquid.
The media is putting out mixed reports, cleaning fluid, chloroform, testosterone.......what are the amounts of these chemicals?
Are we sure they are directly connected to Caylee? I don't want to get my hopes built up thinking this is a huge break in the case if it's not.

You can walk into any "Farm Supply" in my area and buy needles. They are used for administering meds to horses, dogs, etc. No questions asked.

remember when KC wanted to be able to do some "searching" with JB?
i dont remember all the details but i know it was LUDICROUS

uuuhh,, i mean they wanted to do some "RE searching" together and she wanted to be let out of jail.. or something like that

well, ladies and gentlemen

what she really wanted to do was to "clean up the scene" before anything like the evidence we have just been presented with

imagine a scenario like this
"uhhhh JB you go this way down the street and i will go this way and we will meet up back here in 35 minutes"

meanwhile she is at the scene picking up evidence and hiding them in her backpack

TOAST burnt TOAST

i hate her guts

chloroform, testosterone, ethanol and water.

all of this was found in the syringe?

ethanol?

testosterone.....maybe from a used syringe from someone with a prescription for this
chloroform.......to use on caylee
water....part of the mix....maybe from tyring to rinse out the syringe to reuse....

but why ethanol?.......why would that be in there?

The news article said chloroform and cleaning products. Ethanol is often found in cleaning products. But I can't figure out how to reasonably explain the testosterone! Well, to be honest, I can't figure out how to reasonably explain anything since June 14, 2008!!

When I gave myself weekly allergy shots, syringes were easy to get. The doc and pharmacist made it clear a prescription for the syringes wasn't necessary. Since the doc gave me the serum directly, the pharmacist had no proof of what I was injecting, he just handed me a box of syringes whenever I asked for them. At my chain pharmacy, I get a different pharmacist each time. It was never a problem. IMO, KC could have easily "borrowed" a syringe from anybody.

Understandable.

I was really hoping there would be evidence indicating death was an accident.
*sigh*

Aww, Honey - your hopefulness is one of the reasons I lub ya. It charms my angry, jaded old soul.

The side of me that responds to optimism makes me feel badly today for all of those who have been clinging to that faint hope.

The realist in me also wonders if some of them pony-up and admit that Casey was not arrested on a whim.

This from WFTV..

"Records show the Gatorade bottle they found was partially full of a fluid that was later through testing determined to contain chloroform and cleaning fluid. Inside the bottle was a plastic pouch containing a syringe where investigators also found chloroform."

http://www.wftv.com/news/21539718/detail.html

OK maybe I have been out of the loop, but I don't remember hearing about cleaning fluid also found in the gatorade bottle. Is this new info ? Anyway, if there was cleaning fluid like ammonia or whatever it could mean she made the chloroform herself ?

In Cindy's depo, didn't they ask her if she used amonia or kept in her home for cleaning?

I am still looking (googled: chloroform, testosterone, ethanol and water).
Found this website, it has ALL 4 ingredients.

Revivogen Scalp Therapy for hair loss
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss-articles/362.htm

Snipped from website (bolded by me)...

2.3 Testosterone

Testosterone: [4-14C] testosterone (Amersham B76, 54 mCi/mmole, 2.35 nmole/epidermis). [4-14C] testosterone stock-solution was dissolved in ethanol and diluted in sterile water (1% ethanol final).

2.5 Extractions and analysis

Transepidermal diffusion assessment: the amount of testosterone that passed through the epidermal tissues was measured by liquid scintillation counting (LKB 1211 Rackbeta counter) of a fraction of culture medium.

Metabolism analysis: the steroid molecules from culture media were extracted by 2 volumes of chloroform/methanol (98:2) and dried. The various molecular species (testosterone metabolites) were separated by thin layer chromatography (TLC) on silica plates (RE/Silice, Whatman) in a solvent system containing dichloromethane, ethylacetate and methanol (85:15:3). The plates were autoradiographed and testosterone metabolites were quantified using a phosphorImager and specific software (Packard instrument).

Good find! So maybe it was a dirty needle that someone used to treat hair baldness. She reused it to dose Caylee with Choloroform.

chloroform, testosterone, ethanol and water.

all of this was found in the syringe?

ethanol?

testosterone.....maybe from a used syringe from someone with a prescription for this
chloroform.......to use on caylee
water....part of the mix....maybe from tyring to rinse out the syringe to reuse....

but why ethanol?.......why would that be in there?

could the ethanol be a byproduct of the remaining sweetened drink (gatorade or tea or whatever) going through the fermentation process? I know that you need yeast to make wine from fruit juice, sugar, and water but just wondering if that is possible? I don't know, I am science illiterate.

Well, here's one guess - men who have low testosterone can supplement in cream form or via injection. The latter comes in a small vial and is administered via a disposable syringe on a monthly basis. I would think that if some male in the household had an Rx for this, CA being a nurse could administer it. My hubby used to use the injectable form and his needle looked *exactly* like this one.

Reuse syringe, still has traces of testosterone in it (which is a viscous liquid).

..........slam.......................dunk................

I doubt KC bought the needle. Anyone who steals money from everyone she knows to buy crap for herself isn't going to buy a needle. That would have cut into the KC money, and we can't have that.

It looks like a 3cc syringe with an attached 23 gauge needle. BD makes them (and I am sure other companies as well) they come pre-packaged in a black and white wrapper back and clear plastic front.

The hub is dark and you can tell the gauge by the color of the hub. we refered to these as "black" needles due to the hub color. Other colors are green (21 gauge I think and yellow is 18)

We had a pretty good idea of what had happened but to read these reports in stark black and white WOW - it is still quite stunning - I cant begin to imagine the impact this foresnic testimony / evidence is going to have on a jury. No way you can disregard this in spite of any LKB attempts to misdirect and bore confuse the jurors. I gave Casey way too much credit. What a stupid girl !

When I gave myself weekly allergy shots, syringes were easy to get. The doc and pharmacist made it clear a prescription for the syringes wasn't necessary. The first time I felt funny asking for syringes so I asked the doc for a prescription. I asked the pharmacist for the box of syringes for allergy shots, and he handed them over. When I asked if he wanted the prescription, he shrugged, and took it. After that I didn't bother with a prescription and never had a problem. So my experience is syringes are easy to come by. Since the doc gave me the serum directly, the pharmacist had no proof of what I was injecting, it just didn't matter. And at my chain pharmacy, I get a different pharmacist each time. IMO, KC could have easily "borrowed" a syringe from anybody.

Agreed---syringes are not difficult to obtain and its not unusual for some households to have some on hand (sealed, unexpired packages). I went through many, many boxes of syringes during my IVF treatments over 8 years ago and just recently disposed of some that had expired. My endocrinologist disposed of them safely for me.....but who's to say that others are not that vigilant about their disposal?

I am crying so many tears for baby Caylee right now......poor, sweet little one.....I only pray you were delivered into the arms of the angels quickly and did not suffer.

I wonder if GA is/was taking testosterone injections for some reason. I am not even sure why your would take them. Would low testorterone affect your sex drive, etc?

Maybe GA needed the injections or CA thought he needed the injections and got a prescription for a doc where she works. And that is how the needle got to the house and why there were traces of testosterone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwaggoner16