Tammi Smith - the Sentencing Phase

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
State's petition to be considered on 7/31/2012. Looks like the Court may have taken some action on the request for stay but it doesn't say what it is.

State's petition to be considered on 7/31/2012. Looks like the Court may have taken some action on the request for stay but it doesn't say what it is.

All I can say is they must have VERY good reasons to keep at this. Thank you for posting this information.

I'm only guessing here, but I really suspect Tammi will be taken into custody today, pending the state's appeal.

When you are out on bond, you aren't supposed to commit any more crimes, or the bond can be revoked.

I'm guessing her trying to raise money for SOG without the 501c in place qualifies as a crime....

Still on according to courtpio

https://twitter.com/#!/courtpio

MC Superior Court‏@courtpio

Tammi Smith sentencing will begin at 1:30pm today. SCT 6A.

If there is a stay, I think it will be filed with the clerk after court opens-

All I can say is they must have VERY good reasons to keep at this. Thank you for posting this information.

I'm guessing that the state wants a guarantee that there's no way Tammi can get probation.

Why would the prosecution request a stay? Speculation welcome.

Will she be sentenced today or not?

I'm guessing that the state wants a guarantee that there's no way Tammi can get probation.

Again it seems so confusing because if she is sentenced to be incarcerated today, I don't understand how a "Stay" would be appropriate...but going back to the original Motion for Stay being filed for 703 issues, it seems to me they must have some kind of information or evidence that merges into proving that there was more than one conspiratorial act. What could that be? Something that, even after she is incarcerated, can be filed as a new charge? They seem so intent on pursuing that specific area. I also find it interesting that they are filing an "appeal" since it usually defense who files the appeals....so almost like they are one-upping them, there. These are only my opinions and I have been wrong so many times before, but it's interesting to discuss the various perspectives of everybody.

Also, could any of this have to do with issues that will be pertinent to Elizabeth Johnson's trial? Information that could be useful there, but also sheds further light on Tammi's interference related to her own trial. I have to keep reminding myself that they are co-conspirators, so what relates to one relates to the other, KNWIM?

Is Tammi cutting a deal with the prosecution that she will testify against Elizabeth when her trial comes up later this year?

Is Tammi cutting a deal with the prosecution that she will testify against Elizabeth when her trial comes up later this year?

I would say absolutely not! The fact that the prosecution wants the 703 ruling overturned so that the forgery would be considered a separate act, thereby adding a harsher sentence to Tammi, to me, seems to indicate that they have no plans on making any kind of deals with her at this point.

Guess she should have taken the plea deal before her trial started!

Mere speculation (and hopeful thinking): I am wondering if the prosecution caught wind of Tammi's "Stones" project and they wanting to use it somehow to prove that Tammo hasn't learned that she should not get involved with young, troubled mothers?

Mere speculation (and hopeful thinking): I am wondering if the prosecution caught wind of Tammi's "Stones" project and they wanting to use it somehow to prove that Tammo hasn't learned that she should not get involved with young, troubled mothers?

Hi, I know that the prosecution and the judge know of Tammi's activities after trial. "Stones of Grace", Music City Colonics is the buisness she said she had to travel to in Tn. It is not there!

There have been letters written to both the jugde and the prosecution
I have written and I know of others as well.
There has been even more than we even know about.

The judge I hope will wake up and smell the Lattes on this one.
If she gets only probation It will be one tragic mistake!

There have been letters written to both the jugde and the prosecution
I have written and I know of others as well.
There has been even more than we even know about...

I would like to say thank you to you and any others that took the time to write letters.
I hope it helps the prosecution as well as the judge see just what TS has been and still is up to.

IMO TS is the definition of manipulation to get the means to her wants and desires.

I hope with all my being she gets time behind bars. It won't change her ways but for me personally I will say a toast with a smile on my face!

Does anyone know what time and if her sentencing will be streamed? TIA

Does anyone know what time and if her sentencing will be streamed? TIA

scheduled for 1:30 AZ time

cnn for sure will be streaming live; kpho will be if they get their technical difficulties worked out; haven't heard officially from az family.

Looks like someone filed another motion in Tammi's sentencing again today. I suspect that the motion is probably notice to the court about the case filed in appellate court.

I meant to say that kpho was having logistical, not technical issues.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaveyJ
Back