Tampa Teen Wins Right To Abortion Without Parental Consent

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Too bad neither petitioner nor boyfriend explored the options for birth control a few months ago....

At least his Mom seems to be paying attention now.

Sad all around.

(Yes, I know that each form of birth control has its' very own failure rate. AFAIK this petition does not mention birth control failure.)

Wow!!! I had no idea how different the laws are there. I’m in Australia, from age 14 I can’t even get my child’s vaccination record! You do not need parental consent for any doctors visit. I couldn’t imagine being in that young ladies position. She is old enough to choose what to do. Can she go to a doctor and get contraception without parental consent?

Wow!!! I had no idea how different the laws are there. I’m in Australia, from age 14 I can’t even get my child’s vaccination record! You do not need parental consent for any doctors visit. I couldn’t imagine being in that young ladies position. She is old enough to choose what to do. Can she go to a doctor and get contraception without parental consent?

That varies by state here in the US. In Colorado, a minor of any age has the legal right to request and receive contraception. However, if requesting an abortion, a provider must give written notice to the parents unless the minor gets a judicial bypass. This was not always the case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState
Back