"Tape Recorder Man"

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would also like to know in addition to the color of the recorder,was TRM squatting down when he spoke to kids.The girl on the other site said he squatted down to speak to them.:waitasec:

I think the boy at the mall stated he was sitting on one of those high planter type things with a ledge you see around the malls. Made of like brick or something -- the ledge providing a nice seat for people in the mall.

Here's a thought. I probably have stated this before but recently have been thinking more about it.

-Jimmy is the only reported person who saw TRM at Wheaton Plaza on 3/25/75.
-His description of the TRM at the mall on 3/25/75 allowed an officer to make a sketch of TRM.
-The sketch of TRM was released and many people called to say they had seen this TRM at various shopping plazas, on other dates, around PG and Montgomery County.
-Therefore the man Jimmy saw and described most likely is the same man others reported seeing previously at plazas in the two counties.
-If this is correct, there is only one TRM working both counties.

-A man in PG County comes forward to say he is PG TRM, but hasn't been in Mont. Co.
-If the above is true, either he isn't a TRM at all, or he has been in Mont. Co.
-PG TRM reportedly had an airtight alibi for 3/25/75.
-His alibi leads me to believe that he is not the TRM at all. He is either a sick attention seeker, or he was put up to the admission by the real TRM because the "PG TRM" had an alibi for 3/25/75 so he would not be suspected of the girls' disappearance on 3/25/75.

-LE never stated whether or not PG TRM resembled the sketch produced by Jimmy's description.
-Jeb stated he was never shown PG TRM's pic when he came forward to tell LE that he had seen TRM.
-All of this leads me to believe that the PG TRM that came forward does not resemble the sketch at all. (this may or may not be significant, just putting it in here as speculation)

I think a closer look at the man who came forward as PG TRM and his associates may lead to the real TRM. Clearly his story of I am TRM in PG County but not in Mont. Co. doesn't wash when witnesses from both counties came forward to say the sketch looked just like the person they saw. For some reason i believe that this PGTRM knows the real TRM and is deflecting attention away from him. He came into LE begging not to be "outted" because he had a wife etc. etc. I think he didn't want to be outted because he doesn't want the public to think it is him, because it is not him.
I'd be curious to know if he produced any sample tapes that he collected in the malls of PG County.

All just my thoughts about this other TRM and what he purpose could be.

I was wondering if "Jimmy" ever described the recorder? The woman from the other site said the man that talked to her had a green recorder. Jimmy gave a detailed description of TRM so I was wondering if he ever mentioned anything about his recorder?
"Jimmy" said that the microphone was held by TRM and that the actual recorder was in the briefcase (assuming there even was a recorder). It's in the article that discusses "Jimmy's" report.

Here's a thought. I probably have stated this before but recently have been thinking more about it.

-Jimmy is the only reported person who saw TRM at Wheaton Plaza on 3/25/75.
-His description of the TRM at the mall on 3/25/75 allowed an officer to make a sketch of TRM.
-The sketch of TRM was released and many people called to say they had seen this TRM at various shopping plazas, on other dates, around PG and Montgomery County.
-Therefore the man Jimmy saw and described most likely is the same man others reported seeing previously at plazas in the two counties.
-If this is correct, there is only one TRM working both counties.

-A man in PG County comes forward to say he is PG TRM, but hasn't been in Mont. Co.
-If the above is true, either he isn't a TRM at all, or he has been in Mont. Co.
-PG TRM reportedly had an airtight alibi for 3/25/75.
-His alibi leads me to believe that he is not the TRM at all. He is either a sick attention seeker, or he was put up to the admission by the real TRM because the "PG TRM" had an alibi for 3/25/75 so he would not be suspected of the girls' disappearance on 3/25/75.

-LE never stated whether or not PG TRM resembled the sketch produced by Jimmy's description.
-Jeb stated he was never shown PG TRM's pic when he came forward to tell LE that he had seen TRM.
-All of this leads me to believe that the PG TRM that came forward does not resemble the sketch at all. (this may or may not be significant, just putting it in here as speculation)

I think a closer look at the man who came forward as PG TRM and his associates may lead to the real TRM. Clearly his story of I am TRM in PG County but not in Mont. Co. doesn't wash when witnesses from both counties came forward to say the sketch looked just like the person they saw. For some reason i believe that this PGTRM knows the real TRM and is deflecting attention away from him. He came into LE begging not to be "outted" because he had a wife etc. etc. I think he didn't want to be outted because he doesn't want the public to think it is him, because it is not him.
I'd be curious to know if he produced any sample tapes that he collected in the malls of PG County.

All just my thoughts about this other TRM and what he purpose could be.

I too have been thinking about this. I agree with you 100%.I have,in the past, made my TRM thoughts clear,but I have to say that what you've described is the ONLY TRM theory that I can live with. This all makes sense and seems possible.Well said!!:clap:

Are you out there somewhere?I've been rethinking my position on TRM and would really like to discuss this with you again.You saw him and we really need a first hand account around here.Hope to see you back on the boards again soon.:wave:

This TRM guy is just creepy...that being said, there is really no way of knowing if the PG TRM is the same as the Mont TRM since there is not a pic of PG. However LE may not even have a pic of the guy who claimed to be the PG TRM since he "confessed" that he was only doing the recorder thing in PG. So really there would not be a picture or a composite to compare the two, so on this I think we just have to go with what LE says, that he is NOT the TRM who was seen talking to Sheila and Kate.

Hope that makes sense....

M ~

Certainly.
Not sure about rules to linking posts from other forums so I apologize if this breaks some rule. please go easy on me :blowkiss:

Here is the link: http://www.topix.com/forum/state/md/T9MJ1SGETI858D5OK/p2

post is dated Monday (may 4)

I really wish that the poster who made the comment had put a date down for when this happened. I also would like to know if LE worked with the girls on a composite of what the man looked like. Because IF it was the same man who was talking to Sheila and Kate, he must not have been to worried about being caught or even seen for that matter.

Or this incident happened PRIOR to the abduction, the girls saw the composite, commented that the man who came up to them sure did look like the person wanted by LE. This might also explain why the school was slow on the uptake as well.

M ~

This TRM guy is just creepy...that being said, there is really no way of knowing if the PG TRM is the same as the Mont TRM since there is not a pic of PG. However LE may not even have a pic of the guy who claimed to be the PG TRM since he "confessed" that he was only doing the recorder thing in PG. So really there would not be a picture or a composite to compare the two, so on this I think we just have to go with what LE says, that he is NOT the TRM who was seen talking to Sheila and Kate.

Hope that makes sense....

M ~

Makes perfect sense. And I agree on the creepy factor.
I don't think this "confessor" was the TRM seen talking to Sheila and Kate either.
It's my opinion that he wasn't a TRM at all. And I realize this opinion is not shared around here :)
But what are the chances two creepy guys are running the same scheme in neighboring counties? I guess if it is some sort of pedofile ring, then the probability increases. Since we haven't heard of a ring during that timeframe (not saying this means there wasn't one) then something is hinky about this confessor. Is he an attention seeker, or did someone put him up to the confession, knowing he had the alibi for 3/25?
I'd just like to know more about him, or really more about his associates.

I really wish that the poster who made the comment had put a date down for when this happened. I also would like to know if LE worked with the girls on a composite of what the man looked like. Because IF it was the same man who was talking to Sheila and Kate, he must not have been to worried about being caught or even seen for that matter.

Or this incident happened PRIOR to the abduction, the girls saw the composite, commented that the man who came up to them sure did look like the person wanted by LE. This might also explain why the school was slow on the uptake as well.

M ~

I think this happened after the abduction becuase the poster's friend brought up the sketch of the TRM seen talking to the Lyon girls.

"Jimmy" said that the microphone was held by TRM and that the actual recorder was in the briefcase (assuming there even was a recorder). It's in the article that discusses "Jimmy's" report.

back in 1975, in the area, that county or state for that matter, but mainly the county the girls came missing from......
did they have then, in 75 what we have now, and prefer to as spy- shops?
a place where they would have sold surveillance equipment, to conceal them, like a camera still/and or video inside a suitcase, and the mic was actually a lens pointed at the girls.?

I am assuming, this TRM is a POI to this day, that is why i posted it.
i did not read all the threads, so many, so if already been discussed and discounted, then just state that, and ill delete this message.
Was just speculating, if this was the case, there may had been at one time a record of the purchases of this equipment back then.

ALL MOO AND SPECULATION

back in 1975, in the area, that county or state for that matter, but mainly the county the girls came missing from......
did they have then, in 75 what we have now, and prefer to as spy- shops?
a place where they would have sold surveillance equipment, to conceal them, like a camera still/and or video inside a suitcase, and the mic was actually a lens pointed at the girls.? ....​

It is possible that such stores existed, but I do not know of any. Surveillance measures for home protection were not as common in 1975 as they are today. Back then, bars on windows, a peep hole in the door and dead bolt locks were about the extent of security. If there was any kind of surveillance camera in Wheaton Plaza, it was never mentioned in any police reports or news coverage.

The cassette tape recorder had been around for 8 or 9 years by 1975. They usually took 4 or 5 D cells and were a bit bulky/ heavy.

One would fit inside a standard brief case, but would take up most of the room in it. It would be difficult to operate one inside the brief case, and it was noted by the witness "Jimmy" that TRM had removed it from his brief case and placed it on the ledge beside him. He held a separate microphone in one hand, and could probably turn the recorder on and off with the Microphone switch.

Only my personal opinion, but if this man wanted to take pictures of girls, he could have done so with any 35mm camera and a telephoto lens.

[/center]
It is possible that such stores existed, but I do not know of any. Surveillance measures for home protection were not as common in 1975 as they are today. Back then, bars on windows, a peep hole in the door and dead bolt locks were about the extent of security. If there was any kind of surveillance camera in Wheaton Plaza, it was never mentioned in any police reports or news coverage.

The cassette tape recorder had been around for 8 or 9 years by 1975. They usually took 4 or 5 D cells and were a bit bulky/ heavy.

One would fit inside a standard brief case, but would take up most of the room in it. It would be difficult to operate one inside the brief case, and it was noted by the witness "Jimmy" that TRM had removed it from his brief case and placed it on the ledge beside him. He held a separate microphone in one hand, and could probably turn the recorder on and off with the Microphone switch.

Only my personal opinion, but if this man wanted to take pictures of girls, he could have done so with any 35mm camera and a telephoto lens.
http://www.labguysworld.com/

the following link shows exactly what i think was in that briefcase.......the one showing at this link is actually setting on top of a briefcase.
http://www.labguysworld.com/VTS-300_006.jpg

Careful planning epitomizes the crimes of the sexual sadist, who devotes considerable time and effort to the offense. Many demonstrate cunning and methodical planning. The capture of the victim, the selection and preparation of equipment, and the methodical elicitation of suffering often reflect meticulous attention to detail.
The overwhelming majority of offenders we studied used a pretext or ruse to first make contact with the victims. The sexual sadist would offer or request assistance, pretend to be a police officer, respond to a classified advertisement, meet a Realtor at an isolated property, or otherwise gain the confidence of the victim.
Almost invariably, the victims were taken to a location selected in advance that offered solitude and safety for the sadist and little opportunity of escape or rescue for the victim. Such locations included the offender's residence, isolated forests, and even elaborately constructed facilities designed for captivity.

excerpt from the following link.

http://www.crimeandclues.com/92feb002.htm

Your probably correct!
and this POI, may not even be on the list anymore, after all this time.
to me it does-not matter, if it occurred yesterday, last year, or ten years ago, it may as well happened today, for the video/images of this and other cases are still around in ones mind.
that list you updated, with persons of interest, i read that and found it interesting, before i came back here and posted on this.
I wont post anymore about this thread, unless LE can verify for us, if any of those you had on your list, or there list had access to this type of equipment.
IF so then, ill come back and post something else, that i am restraining myself from posting, because its probably not relevant if they don't name someone.

the following link shows exactly what i think was in that briefcase.......the one showing at this link is actually setting on top of a briefcase.

The photo at your link appears to be of an AKAI (Japanese company) system which combined a cassette or reel to reel tape recorder with a Super 8 mm movie camera, with the microphone being attatched to, or embedded in the camera itself.

With most home movie outfits in the 1940's thru 1960's cameras could only film the subject and the resultant movies were silent. This, I believe was an attempt to add a sound track to the film by combining the filming with tape recording.

I do not know what the date of manufacture of this system was, but I do know that AKAI made excellent tape recorders in the mid 1970's. In fact, I bought a large AKAI reel to reel tape recorder in 1977.

A problem I see regarding TRM possibly using this particular set-up, or one like it, was that the old film type movie cameras required a lot of light to work. They were not like today's low light video cameras. Movie film was usually ASA 25 and it required very bright flood lights for inside filming, or bright sunlight for good outside work. Wheaton Plaza, while an open air shopping center, was rather shady and the light not conducive for good movie making.

Also, it was never mentioned by the eyewitnesses that TRM had a camera - as this set-up clearly shows. Rather, it was specified that he held a microphone in his hand. That said, it might be possible that the tape recorder was similar to the one shown, but possibly with only an audio microphone attatched when he was doing his "interview" with the girls.

I do agree with your assessment of the type of person who might have abducted the girls. Careful planning was likely part of his modus operandi and the use of electronic devices or other things which would attract a child's attention or get them to let down their guard would fit into those plans.

1. Two TRM in Maryland,same height, weight,etc,etc,etc.
2. TRM vanished when the Lyon Girls vanished.
3.Fred Coffey left town under false pretences, when the Beaty Girl was reported in a 'coma', & not deseased.
4. The Lyon Girls talk to a 'nut' with a tape recorder at the mall, leave for home by themselves,& another 'nut' abducts them.
5. Fred Coffey had access to a station wagon like the one spotted in Manassas,Va.,with two girls tied up in the back.
6.Manassas, Va. would be in direct route to Bristol,Va.,where Fred Coffey once lived.

1. Two TRM in Maryland,same height, weight,etc,etc,etc.
2. TRM vanished when the Lyon Girls vanished.
3.Fred Coffey left town under false pretences, when the Beaty Girl was reported in a 'coma', & not deseased.
4. The Lyon Girls talk to a 'nut' with a tape recorder at the mall, leave for home by themselves,& another 'nut' abducts them.
5. Fred Coffey had access to a station wagon like the one spotted in Manassas,Va.,with two girls tied up in the back.
6.Manassas, Va. would be in direct route to Bristol,Va.,where Fred Coffey once lived.

You could add the coincidence of Fred Coffey, 1n 1974, abducting a 13 year-old girl from a convenience store in Virginia Beach and taking her to the beach where he raped her. Fred was in the Navy at the time and his victim was the daughter of another Navy man. Because of this "difficulty with civilian authorities" Fred was denied his intended fourth Navy enlistment. Discharged in September 1974, he left Virginia for Maryland to work for Vitro Labratories in Wheaton, in an office immediately adjacent to Kathy Beatty's residential neighborhood.

And how about this coincidence: In October 1975, Fred was back in Virginia Beach, VA where he was arrested with a 15 year-old girl in his vehicle. He was charged with "contributing to the delinquency of a minor" in that incident.

These two incidents bracket Fred's known time in Maryland by only a few months on either side.

The first potential suspect in this case was a mysterious and rather odd man who has been referred to in this thread and others as The Tape Recorder Man or TRM. He has never been identified and it has never been established positively whether or not he was involved in the disappearance of the Lyon Sisters.

He came to light on the afternoon of 28 March 1975 when a fourteen year old boy referred to by police and press as "Jimmy" (NOT his real name)came forward with his story of having seen a man talking to Sheila and Katherine with a microphone and tape recorder at Wheaton Plaza.

There has been a lot of discussion and speculation about TRM on these boards, and sometimes it is hard to remember exactly what was said by whom. I therefore wanted to re-iterate what "Jimmy" said in an interview with a Washington Star reporter regarding the Tape Recorder Man. The entire story can be read in the thread about press reports.

These excerpts quote what "Jimmy" himself said to the reporter. "Jimmy's words are in quotation marks.

--------------------
Quote:

... Jimmy, who lives several blocks from the Lyons said he and his friend rode their bikes up to the plaza that day "to see friends. We just went up there to ride around. We had nothing else to do so we decided to go up there and look around."

"It was about 1 or 2 o'clock." Jimmy related. "I was out with a friend. We were down near ... um ... Peoples (Drug Store) and the Orange Bowl (pizza carryout) and we saw the two girls talking to a man with a tape recorder."

"I heard the man ask one question: ' Are any of you two involved in sports?'"

"And then ... um ... 30 seconds later I looked back. He was walking away toward Wards (Montgomery Ward) and the girls were walking the other way toward the fountain."

... Jimmy was asked to give more details about what he had seen.

He smiled when he told how he and his friend had joked about going over to the man and asking him to interview them so they could get on television.

"I said to my friend, 'Hey, look over there. I wonder what's going on. It looks like a reporter.' We thought he was some kind of a reporter," Jimmy explained. "We were joking around that maybe we should go over there and get him to interview us."

"The man was holding a microphone in his hand between the girls, and asking questions. He had a tan briefcase on the ground. It was one of those hard ones that sat up." the boy said, adding that the tape recorder was sitting next to the man, out of the briefcase.

The man was sitting on the ledge next to an island of (illegible word - bushes?) in the middle of the plaza, Jimmy said. People sit on the ledge to rest during their shopping sprees or to eat a snack or pizza from the carryout.

Jimmy said he had never seen the man before or since. He said the man was well dressed in a brown suit.

Unquote

-------------------------------

That was the only press interview that "Jimmy" has ever given on the subject and it was for both the Washington Star newspaper and a TV newscast. He may have given a lot more information to the police on 28 March because he spent some two and a half hours with them, describing what he saw and working with PFC Morton to come up with the first composite sketch of the Tape Recorder Man. Other information reported by police was that the man was about six feet tall, had salt and pepper hair and was thought to be around 50 years old.

The disappearance of Sheila and her sister Katherine on the 25th of March 1975 was not witnessed by anyone who could state positively that they were abducted. Or if so, where or how the abduction took place.

Several witnesses - mostly other young kids stated that they saw the girls at Wheaton Plaza or even walking home. But one 13 - year - old boy (called "Jimmy" by police and press and in these threads) and his unnamed 13 year - old friend, stated that he saw the girls some time between 1 and 2 PM talking to a man with a tape recorder. Shortly after the "interview" the boy saw the girls walking from the planter opposite the Orange Bowl Pizza takeout in the direction of the Mall Center where the fountain was. At the same time the Man with the tape recorder was seen walking in the opposite direction toward Wards.

"Jimmy" told his story to his parents who brought him to the Montgomery County Police station on 28 March, where he was interviewed for about 2 and a half hours by detectives and where he assistend Police Officer Daniel Morton in the drawing of a sketch of the TRM.

Police released the story and the sketch on Monday the 1st of April, and immediately, leads began to come in. Some 15 or more people called in and were interviewed by Montgomery County Police. They stated that they had seen a man resembling the sketch on earlier occasions at both Wheaton Plaza and at other Shopping Centers in both Montgomery County and Prince Georges Counties.

The sketch and the story of the TRM was repeated numerous times over the next few weeks in newspapers, and on TV, and the sketch was circulated through out the area. Many callers to police offered various tips and suggestions. Some thought they recognized the man in the sketch. All leads were checked out.

At one point, a man in Prince Georges County called police and "confessed" to being the Tape Recorder Man seen in Prince Georges County but adamantly denied being the TRM in Montgomery County.

A number of questions come to mind regarding the Tape Recorder Man (TRM):

- Was there really a TRM seen talking to the girls on the 25th of March 1975? If so, why did no other children come forward to say that they had also talked with him? Besides the two 13 year old boys, why did no other witnesses claim to have seen the TRM that day?

- Several persons stated that they had seen a Tape Recorder Man who fit the description given by the two boys - but at other times and places. Nobody saw a TRM AFTER the 25th of March OR after the first of April (when the story and sketch were published). Why did he disappear?

- Was the TRM really a 50 to 60 year old man? Could he have been younger?

- Could it have been that the TRM actually existed, but that he had nothing to do with the girls' disappearance? If so, why did he also disappear and not come forward when the story came out?

- Can anyone actually believe that there was a second TRM ? One NOT connected in any way with the Wheaton Plaza TRM? That is what the guy who "confessed" would have us believe.

- Who was the second TRM? What kind of record did he have before 25 March 1975? What kind of a record After that date?

The disappearance of Sheila and her sister Katherine on the 25th of March 1975 was not witnessed by anyone who could state positively that they were abducted. Or if so, where or how the abduction took place.

Several witnesses - mostly other young kids stated that they saw the girls at Wheaton Plaza or even walking home. But one 13 - year - old boy (called "Jimmy" by police and press and in these threads) and his unnamed 13 year - old friend, stated that he saw the girls some time between 1 and 2 PM talking to a man with a tape recorder. Shortly after the "interview" the boy saw the girls walking from the planter opposite the Orange Bowl Pizza takeout in the direction of the Mall Center where the fountain was. At the same time the Man with the tape recorder was seen walking in the opposite direction toward Wards.

"Jimmy" told his story to his parents who brought him to the Montgomery County Police station on 28 March, where he was interviewed for about 2 and a half hours by detectives and where he assistend Police Officer Daniel Morton in the drawing of a sketch of the TRM.

Police released the story and the sketch on Monday the 1st of April, and immediately, leads began to come in. Some 15 or more people called in and were interviewed by Montgomery County Police. They stated that they had seen a man resembling the sketch on earlier occasions at both Wheaton Plaza and at other Shopping Centers in both Montgomery County and Prince Georges Counties.

The sketch and the story of the TRM was repeated numerous times over the next few weeks in newspapers, and on TV, and the sketch was circulated through out the area. Many callers to police offered various tips and suggestions. Some thought they recognized the man in the sketch. All leads were checked out.

At one point, a man in Prince Georges County called police and "confessed" to being the Tape Recorder Man seen in Prince Georges County but adamantly denied being the TRM in Montgomery County.

A number of questions come to mind regarding the Tape Recorder Man (TRM):

- Was there really a TRM seen talking to the girls on the 25th of March 1975? If so, why did no other children come forward to say that they had also talked with him? Besides the two 13 year old boys, why did no other witnesses claim to have seen the TRM that day?

- Several persons stated that they had seen a Tape Recorder Man who fit the description given by the two boys - but at other times and places. Nobody saw a TRM AFTER the 25th of March OR after the first of April (when the story and sketch were published). Why did he disappear?

- Was the TRM really a 50 to 60 year old man? Could he have been younger?

- Could it have been that the TRM actually existed, but that he had nothing to do with the girls' disappearance? If so, why did he also disappear and not come forward when the story came out?

- Can anyone actually believe that there was a second TRM ? One NOT connected in any way with the Wheaton Plaza TRM? That is what the guy who "confessed" would have us believe.

- Who was the second TRM? What kind of record did he have before 25 March 1975? What kind of a record After that date?

My opinions:

1 - I wonder if it is possible that they confused it with the other mall on another day?

2 - See above - also, could have just been a random guy.

3 - I definitely think he could have been younger. "Old" to a 13 year old is different than an adult. I really think it is possible he could have been in his 40s or late 30s if he didn't age well. I remember being in grade school and thinking High Schoolers were really old.

4 - Yes - coincidence maybe

5 - I would be very surprised by this but it isn't impossible. It would be strange to have two that never showed up again. If it was this guy, regardless of if he is innocent or not, could have been afraid to do the tape recorder thing after what happened.

6 - Can't answer that one

The possibilities really range wide and far on the subject of the Tape Recorder Man (TRM).

- He could have been a completely made-up figment of two 13-year-old boys's imaginations.

- He could have been a perfectly normal guy who had just purchased a tape recorder and was trying it out before he left the mall for home.

- He could have been conducting a legitimate survey of people shopping at the mall that day.

- He could have been using the Tape Recorder to record his own thoughts or ideas in preparation of a book, article, or radio show when the girls just happened by and approached him.

- He could have been a pervert of some sort who used the Tape Recorder to tape children's voices.

- He could have been a predator who used the Tape Recorder as a means of luring his victims close to him for abduction then or later.

------------------------------

No matter what category of the above he fit into:

- This could have been a One Time appearance of him as TRM, or simply the last of several appearances.

- He could have been the ONLY TRM in the Washington Metropolitan area, or one of two or more TRM's.

- Eyewitness sightings were reported of a man fitting the TRM description being seen on several PREVIOUS occasions at: Wheaton Plaza and at White Oak Shopping Center (Montgomery county), and at Iverson Mall, Bowie Shopping Center, and Marlowe Heights Shopping Center (Prince Georges County).

- His appearance that day (25 March 1975) talking to the Lyon Sisters could have been simply a BIG Coincidence.

- He could have been directly involved in their disappearance a very short time after his "interview" with them.

------------------------------

Regardless of any of the above:

- TRM disappeared at around the same time the Lyon Sisters went missing.

- TRM was last seen walking in the direction in which the girls would have walked to exit the mall on their way home.

- No person ever came forward to state that he had been the TRM at Wheaton Plaza that day or at any other time anywhere in Montgomery County.

- One man "confessed" to having done similar TRM activities in Prince Georges County, but adamantly denied ever doing it in adjacent Montgomery County. He was never identified by name by police. His photo was never shown to eyewitnesses who reported seeing a TRM at any of the malls in either Prince Georges or Montgomery Counties.

---------------------------

Many have voiced the opinion that TRM may have been innocent, but afraid to come forward after the Lyon Sisters went missing. This, however, does not take into account the fact that a TRM was seen several times at Wheaton Plaza and other area Malls BEFORE 25 March 1975, and was never seen after that date in any area malls.

The story of the TRM talking to the Lyon Sisters was NOT reported until 1 April 1975, six days AFTER the girls disappearance. Where was TRM in the interim? If he was completely innocent (of the girls' disappearance) why was he not seen by anyone at any mall after 25 March ?

Wouldn't he have continued his completely innocent (albeit weird) Tape Recording activities? He did not wait until 1 April to end his TRM act. He ended it on 25 March - giving credence to the possibility that TRM WAS involved in the girls' disappearance, and KNEW that he had been seen by little "Jimmy" and his friend.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back