Taylor Hawkins, Foo Fighters drummer found dead in hotel room.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Urine in the bladder is considered to be sterile and can easily be used by a pathologist to obtain timely information regarding drugs in the system of the deceased. Actually there are some drugs that are better measured from urine than from blood.

It is always sad when one of our favorites goes out this way. For me, it was Tom Petty. I just did not want him to have died from an overdose. And there was Prince too.

I think many of these are accidental overdoses. They get themselves so messed up they forget that they just took that medication an hour or two ago and they take it again. So sad.

Taylor Hawkins’ heart weighed double that of an average man: report

Taylor Hawkins' heart weighed double that of an average man: report

“Colombian authorities press release confirming 10 substances found #TaylorHawkins – Official release does not say overdose. Investigation continues,” he wrote.

Hawkins died of a cardiovascular collapse, the Daily Mail reported Sunday morning, citing Colombian news magazine Semana.

I haven’t counted recently but I’m on 4 blood pressure and heart meds (some of which have two meds per pill) two antihistamines, OxyContin for chronic pain, antidepressants, various supplements and CBD oil which makes me test positive for THC. I used to be on anxiety meds, too. Do the number of meds in him may not mean he overdosed. or maybe it does.

I haven’t counted recently but I’m on 4 blood pressure and heart meds (some of which have two meds per pill) two antihistamines, OxyContin for chronic pain, antidepressants, various supplements and CBD oil which makes me test positive for THC. I used to be on anxiety meds, too. Do the number of meds in him may not mean he overdosed. or maybe it does.
CBD oil should not make you test positive for THC.

Some kinds (broad spectrum) do make the user test positive for THC (as I have) but only about 3%, not the larger numbers actually using marijuana will cause. That’s why persons like truck drivers and those who can have not even a trace in their urine should never use CBD oil.

Some kinds (broad spectrum) do make the user test positive for THC (as I have) but only about 3%, not the larger numbers actually using marijuana will cause. That’s why persons like truck drivers and those who can have not even a trace in their urine should never use CBD oil.

Yes, as a defense contractor I can say we are actually not permitted to use CBD oil. It came out a couple of years ago, when people were popping positive on random drug screens.

Do these type of drug cocktails go with the territory of being on tour like this? Obviously not every musician uses drugs though these live and party hard types seem to be in that category. The grueling schedule: the need to be up for the show, then the need to be down to recover for the next show for several months is a perfect recipe for relying on something to keep up with it all.

Do these type of drug cocktails go with the territory of being on tour like this? Obviously not every musician uses drugs though these live and party hard types seem to be in that category. The grueling schedule: the need to be up for the show, then the need to be down to recover for the next show for several months is a perfect recipe for relying on something to keep up with it all.
Honestly, this is something I've been trying to get across to people and I'm glad you posted it. People just expect these guys to go and go and go...and like you said, not everyone uses like this, but I think it's more common than any of us truly know.

Honestly, this is something I've been trying to get across to people and I'm glad you posted it. People just expect these guys to go and go and go...and like you said, not everyone uses like this, but I think it's more common than any of us truly know.

That’s what I was thinking. Otherwise how does one sustain this schedule type for months at a time? I understand the ‘show must go on’ mindset but it comes with a tremendous cost to some.

Very true. Especially for drummers. It's so physical, and takes a huge toll on the hands/wrist/elbows, arm muscles, shoulders and back. Taylor was a very aggressive drummer as well, so I can only imagine.

Just saw this about Bruce Springsteen's former drummer: “… consider Max Weinberg’s bandaged fingers. The rigors of drumming have led to five tendonitis operations. He soaks his hands in hot water before a concert, in ice afterward, and sleeps with tight gloves on.”

That quote was from the late 80's. He has since had 2 more hand operations and a back surgery:

Max Weinberg Talks 43 Years With Bruce Springsteen, Health Scares

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mygalacticmother