Teacher, 41, resigns, leaves wife, moves in with 18-year-old student

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012...-former-modesto-teacher-hooker-moves-forward/

Sex Case Against Former Modesto Teacher James Hooker Moves Forward
October 23, 2012 5:01 PM
James Hooker, 42, was in a Stanislaus County courthouse on Tuesday and the judge ruled there was enough evidence for him to go to trial and that the statue of limitations didn’t apply to allegations that he performed a sex act on a 17-year-old girl in 1998.

PEOPLE vs James Christopher Hooker
Case #1443676
Charges: Penal Code §288a (b)(1) with special allegation of PC section 803(f)
Bail Amount: $50,000 has been posted
Attorneys: Deputy District Attorney: Elizabeth Owen
Defense Attorney: Mary Lynn Belsher

Next Court Date: A Pretrial has been scheduled for July 03, 2013 at 8:30 a.m. The hearing will take place in Department 5 of the Superior Court of California, County of Stanislaus, located at 800 11th Street, First Floor, Modesto, CA. Judge Thomas Zeff presiding.

CRC 2.503(e) Order

First Amended Complaint

Arrest Warrant

Affidavit

Request for Order Setting Bail

Deanna Lorraine Hooker vs. James Christopher Hooker

Case #458809

Family Law Filing

Next Court Date: Petition filed 2/24/12. File is under submission in Department 14. Judge Jack Jacobson presiding.
http://www.stanct.org/Content.aspx?page=high_profile_case_info

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012...-former-modesto-teacher-hooker-moves-forward/

Sex Case Against Former Modesto Teacher James Hooker Moves Forward
October 23, 2012 5:01 PM
James Hooker, 42, was in a Stanislaus County courthouse on Tuesday and the judge ruled there was enough evidence for him to go to trial and that the statue of limitations didn’t apply to allegations that he performed a sex act on a 17-year-old girl in 1998.

http://www.stanct.org/Content.aspx?page=high_profile_case_info

Thanks.

I guess the same thing that convinces beautiful, young women to hook up with Drew Peterson.

Ewwwww! :scared:

I guess the same thing that convinces beautiful, young women to hook up with Drew Peterson.

Exactly. What's up with that? I never could understand why the female is attracted to the bad boy. What's up with that?

Unfortunately I became involved with an older man at age 13. It lasted 7 years because I had nowhere to go and a baby. Within months I knew it was a mistake. He was controlling and abusive. It very nearly ruined my life. I was able to go on to college and a career but my son is irreparably damaged. Thinks badly of me and is disrespectful. I guess he expected more from a 13 year old mother. I turned to this man who was supportive when my parents marriage was falling apart and they had no time for us. She will regret this. JMO

Wow, I'm sorry you got yourself into that jam. Someday your kid will understand.

I hope that guy was severely punished by the law.

Anyone seen any updates on this story..? It seems to have dropped off the radar completely. Did the sleazebag 'teacher' ever get sentenced or what...?
I hope to see the day when that smug smirk is wiped off the girl's face too. She owes his family the world's biggest apology... although, I guess she did them a huge favor! They are the forgotten ones in that whole mess. But I hope they are doing great and much better without him...

Thanks Scarlett.. I guess I do remember reading he did get sentenced. Never heard anything about if the girl ever came to her senses or not. But what I'm wondering is, if he had to register as a sex offender for life, WHY is he not listed in any of the SO websites for California? (or any other state, for that matter)..? Was that not a part of his sentence........?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prettyuglybefore
Back