Ted Ammon case/Ramsey case

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think the stun gun used on Boggs' was a Muscleman brand either. One of the two main probes (the outer ones) doesn't even come close to one of the two marks on Bogg's face.

The two back-up inner probes on a Muscleman are used for testing and making a crackling noise to scare the aggressor into not attacking. The two outer probes do the shocking. However, I guess it's possible the inner probes could surface burn the skin on the irregular-shaped part of Bogg's face and ear.

In any event, the second mark on JonBenet's face is very faint but is there. And the two marks on her back are pretty conclusive to me that they are probably from a stun gun. The brand of stun gun is irrelevant.

JMO

LovelyPigeon said:
The inside metal probes are "test probes" which give off an arc of electricity, which is both described and illustrated in the photo.

The outside metal probes deliver an electrical stun.

It's not necessary to have all 4 probes touching skin in order to deliver a stun, but it is possible for all 4 to be close enough to deliver electricity and leave a mark.

I believe the arrows on the photo show the line up with where the 4 probes touched the face and ear. The marks made by the "outside" probes are not as prominent as the ones made by the inside probes.

You are demonstrating a lack of understanding.

The inside probes do not make marks. They do not fire when the stun gun is being used against a person's skin. The inside probes have one purpose and one purpose only; to be fired when the stun gun is touching nothing, so a person can check whether a charge is present or whether the gun is not firing for whatever reason (obviously, just pressing an uncharged stun gun against an aggressor is useless). So, contrary to what you say, "the marks made by the 'outside' probes" must be more prominent than "the ones made by the inside probes," because there cannot be marks made by the inside probes. Do you understand now?

If the outside probes are not touching skin, the inside probes could make marks because they are eliciting electricity.

I would assume that a malfunction could even allow all 4 probes to elicit electric shock at the same time.

I don't have a stun gun, nor access to one, so I can't test middle probes to see if they will stun and/or leave a mark on skin...but I'm willing to have you try. :-)

Do you know if the configuration of the stun gun you are referring to now is the same as it was when manufactored before Boggs' death?

And what is the source that a Muscleman brand was used on Boggs?

Pelosi says he bought but never used stun gun
In a call from jail, suspect in Ammon slaying says he bought weapon to get rid of raccoons

RIVERHEAD, N.Y., March 23
- Two and a half years after the financier R. Theodore Ammon was found bludgeoned to death in his Hamptons home, the Long Island electrician who married Mr. Ammon's widow was charged Tuesday with second-degree murder in the killing.
The electrician, Daniel Pelosi, surrendered Tuesday morning to the Suffolk County district attorney's office, a day after a county grand jury charged him in a sealed indictment. The charge was disclosed at his arraignment in Suffolk County Court, where Mr. Pelosi, wearing an olive suit and handcuffs, pleaded not guilty.
Despite the protests of his lawyers, Mr. Pelosi, 40, was ordered held without bail in the county jail. He faces up to life in prison if convicted of second-degree murder, prosecutors said.
Prosecutors previewed their case during the arraignment, saying that Mr. Pelosi had implicated himself and others in the killings. The Suffolk district attorney, Thomas Spota, would not provide further details, saying that the grand jury is still investigating Mr. Ammon's death.
Mr. Ammon, 52, a venture capitalist and chairman of Jazz at Lincoln Center, was found beaten to death in a bedroom of his ivy-covered East Hampton home on Oct. 22, 2001. Intrigue surrounding his murder, his $80 million estate and Mr. Pelosi's relationship with Mr. Ammon's widow, Generosa, provided abundant fodder for news reports and gossip.
In court on Tuesday, Assistant District Attorney Janet Albertson said Mr. Ammon had been beaten in the head with a blunt object more than 30 times. She said that Mr. Ammon had also been shocked on his back and neck by an electric stun gun, and that Mr. Pelosi had bought several stun guns before the killing. --->>

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/03/24/nyregion/24ammon.html

Pelosi says he bought but never used stun gun
In a call from jail, suspect in Ammon slaying says he bought weapon to get rid of raccoons

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/longisland/ny-lipelo0325,0,2959650.story?coll=ny-linews-headlines

candy, is the stun gun confirmed to be an air Taser?

If so, were the darts fired?

If so, did the tagged darts identify the original purchaser?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState
Back