Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #11 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doens't matter. If it's actual law enforcement involved (not random security contracted to an event), they do not have different protocals for those that may impose immediate and violent danger and harm to not only themselves, but the public.
vs. someone who may have slit throats

And why not WITH THIS SPECIFIC subject extra care not to shoot him dead. There sharpshooters I suppose they ought (4 of them) ought to be able to get a knee or something.

But the investigation has started and we shall see if we get a clear accounting of what transpired and why an unarmed, high value suspect, that could of POSSIBILY known something.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/31/u...acked-fbi-agent.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0

Under the F.B.I.’s guidelines, agents can fire a gun at someone if they feel the person is a threat to them or someone else. The episode is being reviewed by a team of F.B.I. investigators who specialize in shootings and by the district attorney in Orlando, the official said.

I was wrong about the haircut. The rest is still correct.

That's not true. They didn't call DT at anytime, they never had a verbal conversation with him. They jokingly texted him to say to him he looked similar to the suspect in the photos released by FBI. They were not warning him, there was no insinuation from them that DT should run and hide from authories.

I have no clue why my posts are coming up with a blue smiley face lately but that is not intended.

There are so many shoulds that become did nots that it is hard for me to comprehend how people do not find all the silly things that suppossed happened in the guys house.

I find all the media reporting very silly. It's only making things worse. I will wait for the FBI to issue a press release because I absolutely do not know where these unnamed media sources are coming from.

Notice how each article is different. These are not official statements made by the FBI or who was there. It's the media taking any grain thrown at them for a story and twisting and running with it. Unfortunately, people are eating it up as fact. Hopefully other LE were present in the room and witnessed what happened. A thorough investigation will be done.

I have had to respond in a split second life or death situation. How far should an officer go to risk his own life, in order to preserve the life of someone that acts out in violence towards said officer?

It's one thing to imagine what you may do, especially if you've never experienced it. It's another thing to live it. I suppose if someone has never been in the position, they wouldn't be able to comprehend what it's like.

Life or death situation/split second choice on how to react. This guy could have broke the officers neck with his bare hands or killed him in a number of ways with any kind of object. The video of TT training just reinforced how dangerous this guy could be. They are trained and conditioned to take a blow and keep going. "Fight to death".

That's not true. They didn't call DT at anytime, they never had a verbal conversation with him. They jokingly texted him to say to him he looked similar to the suspect in the photos released by FBI. They were not warning him, there was no insinuation from them that DT should run and hide from authories.

I didn't say they told him to hide. But they did "clue him in" to the fact that his photo was being distributed as a suspect. And they did go to his dorm and collect evidence. They did NOT call the FBI and say - hey I know who that is.

That was my point. You asked why the FBI did not know who TT or DT was and why they did not go to his apartment until after the shootout. You asked why the FBI did not receive any calls from anyone that knew them. That is because some of them were busy cleaning up the mess they made.
Idk if their text to him was "jokingly" made or not, but at some point they realized it was really DT and he was really in trouble. They probably did not make a good decision when they decided to become an accessory after the fact.

Dont they arrest people they say they know kill three people?

Sure they do. And the media presents it as a person alleged to have commit the crime. They do not say a person actually did it until they have been convicted.
If they said "John Doe killed 3 in Waltham" and then John Doe was later found innocent of the crime, John Doe could sue the media for slander.

If they say "John Doe was being investigated as possible involvement in killing 3 in Waltham", there is no slander.

That's what I read into the use of the word "possible".

:truce:
I find all the media reporting very silly. It's only making things worse. I will wait for the FBI to issue a press release because I absolutely do not know where these unnamed media sources are coming from.

Notice how each article is different. These are not official statements made by the FBI or who was there. It's the media taking any grain thrown at them for a story and twisting and running with it. Unfortunately, people are eating it up as fact. Hopefully other LE were present in the room and witnessed what happened. A thorough investigation will be done.

I have had to respond in a split second life or death situation. How far should an officer go to risk his own life, in order to preserve the life of someone that acts out in violence towards said officer?

It's one thing to imagine what you may do, especially if you've never experienced it. It's another thing to live it. I suppose if someone has never been in the position, they wouldn't be able to comprehend what it's like.

Life or death situation/split second choice on how to react. This guy could have broke the officers neck with his bare hands or killed him in a number of ways with any kind of object. The video of TT training just reinforced how dangerous this guy could be. They are trained and conditioned to take a blow and keep going. "Fight to death".

Doesn't this same outlook and perspective apply to the Boston bombing reports?

We have not received any official reports from the FBI except to say DT was alive and wanted as a suspect. To this day, we only have the criminal complaint against DT, we haven't reached the probable hearing yet so it is acceptable that some of us choose to reserve judgement that DT confessed in the hospital along with a written confession on that boat (wtf!), these same admissions are coming from unnamed official sources!!! Until an official wants to put their name to the claims, then I give it little to zero credibility.

Sure they do. And the media presents it as a person alleged to have commit the crime. They do not say a person actually did it until they have been convicted.
If they said "John Doe killed 3 in Waltham" and then John Doe was later found innocent of the crime, John Doe could sue the media for slander.

If they say "John Doe was being investigated as possible involvement in killing 3 in Waltham", there is no slander.

That's what I read into the use of the word "possible".

With all due respect, we are not talking about the media we are referring to LE. He was not arrested for a reason, they did not have evidence or probable cause to arrest him, hence he chose be questioned him at his apartment. Your explanation was in regards to someone who has been arrested for a crime and not convicted. IT hadnt even been arrested.

Have been away for a few days and yesterday turned the computer on to see the red banner saying IT was UNARMED!

One day last week I wrote here that with 4-5 officers, one small apt., and a story that changed daily, I called COVERUP! Guess that hit it right on the bullseye!!

The bigger question is WHY>? IMO we will never know the truth, the real story. IT knew SOMETHING that "our big brothers" decided no one should know!

Again, IMO, they had orders to kill him, otherwise the number of shots that are being reported are overkill and were not necessary! :banghead:

We have not received any official reports from the FBI except to say DT was alive and wanted as a suspect. To this day, we only have the criminal complaint against DT, we haven't reached the probable hearing yet so it is acceptable that some of us choose to reserve judgement that DT confessed in the hospital along with a written confession on that boat (wtf!), these same admissions are coming from unnamed official sources!!! Until an official wants to put their name to the claims, then I give it little to zero credibility.

I've never really given much thought into what was written in the boat or what DT said in the hospital. The other evidence speaks for itself.

Dont they arrest people they say they know kill three people?

IF he was sitting at that table writing out his confession then he was about to be arrested, but not until he finished writing. And maybe that is why he suddenly tipped the table and attacked.

We have videos showing DT placing the bombs on the sidewalk during the Boston marathon. That supersedes any possible confession, in my view.

With all due respect, we are not talking about the media we are referring to LE. He was not arrested for a reason, they did not have evidence or probable cause to arrest him, hence he chose be questioned him at his apartment. Your explanation was in regards to someone who has been arrested for a crime and not convicted. IT hadnt even been arrested.

I was responding to the post that highlighted the word possible from the following NY times article:
The shooting occurred after an F.B.I. agent from Boston and two detectives from the Massachusetts State Police had been interviewing Mr. Todashev for several hours about his possible involvement in a triple homicide in Waltham, Mass., in 2011, according to the law enforcement official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the investigation was continuing.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/31/us/man-tied-to-boston-suspect-said-to-have-attacked-fbi-agent.html?partner=MYWAY&ei=5065&_r=1&

so we were talking about the media....

IF he was sitting at that table writing out his confession then he was about to be arrested, but not until he finished writing. And maybe that is why he suddenly tipped the table and attacked.

That certainly makes more sense than anything else IMO.

Have been away for a few days and yesterday turned the computer on to see the red banner saying IT was UNARMED!

One day last week I wrote here that with 4-5 officers, one small apt., and a story that changed daily, I called COVERUP! Guess that hit it right on the bullseye!!

The bigger question is WHY>? IMO we will never know the truth, the real story. IT knew SOMETHING that "our big brothers" decided no one should know!

Again, IMO, they had orders to kill him, otherwise the number of shots that are being reported are overkill and were not necessary! :banghead:

I disagree. When a suspect attacks then you unload your weapon and you shoot to kill. All of those shots were necessary in the heat of the moment.

So they wasted all those hours questioning him because they had "orders to kill him?" Who is changing the story? It looks like the media is to me, not the investigators.

I disagree. When a suspect attacks then you unload your weapon and you shoot to kill. All of those shots were necessary in the heat of the moment.

We have NO evidence the suspect attacked them! The story has changed consistently. Not one factual element reported so why believe the suspect attacked them?

In fact, it was on this board, that one person stated something to the point - she was thinking they were sitting at a kitchen table....and the suspect pushed and turned the table over on the agent... - wonder if this is where the idea was born??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste