Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #5 *SUSPECT APPREHENDED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I have questions (I am trying to keep up as best I can) - the pipe bombs and such were found in an apartment (TT's ?) - so these things were where the wife and baby were?

The younger bro DT lived in a dorm right?

We cannot bring scanner information up here peeps!!!
If you are seeing something elsewhere, tell us where it's from.

No no joke, we have been to the Cleveland clinic, Mayo clinic, Columbia Presbyterian and johns hopkins. No luck. We have been told we may need to go to Europe.

" Even though people like to think we have the best health system in the world, it's not close to the truth. Those who have bad (or rare) conditions, it is often better, easier and cheaper to get help elsewhere."

This is a joke, right?

The only reason anyone from the U.S. would go to a foreign country is to obtain drugs or treatments that have not been FDA approved. Often experimental stuff. And they are usually very rich and very desperate.

Think Farah Fawcett seeking non-FDA approved cancer treatments in Switzerland, I think. She died anyway, of course. Same with actor Steve McQueen many years ago. He went to Mexico for unapproved treatments. And he too died anyway, of course.

In actuality - and I live in a city where many of them come, due to our transplant centers here - extremely wealthy foreigners come to the US for the latest and most advanced health care.

They don't go to Germany.

It seems to me that immigrating from a war-torn country would have instilled within them compassion - that is, if those who had a direct influence upon them (their parents) during their formative years modeled & taught them compassion.

I suspect that these two terrorists were exposed to hate-filled rhetoric for many years - I don't necessarily believe that they were recruited or brainwashed by an extremist Islamic group. I won't be surprised if they were instilled with hate by their own adult family members with an axe to grind against any & all governments, whether Chechen, or Russian, or US.

A person who has learned compassion DOES NOT blow up innocent civilians, DOES NOT blow up children.

These two terrorists were/are filled with hate. They learned to hate from someone. I think they learned it at home. MOO

From listening to the Aunt and Mother-yes, paranoid and hostile. Not considering the victims pain. Maybe the mother knew their extreme beliefs? Maybe she shares them?

Wonder if government provides health care in Russia? Would cost big big bucks here!

You don't want the healthcare in Russia.. I got to go over the summer with my Uncle who is US military and I was scared out of my mind by "warnings" I was given and briefed on. It was beautiful there though, and the food was amazing (if you like fish). Very strange place, tons of drugs out in the open and the disco's were all owned by the gov. who is also the mafia and controls the drug trade. you see insane things there, that's for sure.

It seems to me that immigrating from a war-torn country would have instilled within them compassion - that is, if those who had a direct influence upon them (their parents) during their formative years modeled & taught them compassion.

I suspect that these two terrorists were exposed to hate-filled rhetoric for many years - I don't necessarily believe that they were recruited or brainwashed by an extremist Islamic group. I won't be surprised if they were instilled with hate by their own adult family members with an axe to grind against any & all governments, whether Chechen, or Russian, or US.

A person who has learned compassion DOES NOT blow up innocent civilians, DOES NOT blow up children.

These two terrorists were/are filled with hate. They learned to hate from someone. I think they learned it at home. MOO

ptsd can have a profound and vastly differing effects on ppl

Casey Ross ‏@GlobeRoss 5m
Mass. General says the hospital is at 95 percent capacity because it has been unable to discharge patients to Watertown and Cambridge.

Remember folks ... Please don't post info from the scanner thread.

Thanks MsFacetious :)

My thoughts are for notoriety, reclaiming some power from society that they felt was lost and stripped away by society, and to make social commentaries to the public and their friends. They wanted to be known. They want the fame and celebrity. Some social statements they might have wanted to make are that appearances can be deceiving, hypocrisy/evil exists in all of us, and you think you knew us but you didn't...

If that were true, their goals would have been better achieved with some dull as dishwater, avant garde film. I think their goals were to "strike a blow" for jihad and spread terror, death and destruction, but MOO.

Garrett Quinn ‏@GarrettQuinn 39s
Pipe bombs, pressure cooker, 200+ spent rounds found in Watertown carnage.

" Even though people like to think we have the best health system in the world, it's not close to the truth. Those who have bad (or rare) conditions, it is often better, easier and cheaper to get help elsewhere."

This is a joke, right?

The only reason anyone from the U.S. would go to a foreign country is to obtain drugs or treatments that have not been FDA approved. Often experimental stuff. And they are usually very rich and very desperate.

Think Farah Fawcett seeking non-FDA approved cancer treatments in Switzerland, I think. She died anyway, of course. Same with actor Steve McQueen many years ago. He went to Mexico for unapproved treatments. And he too died anyway, of course.

In actuality - and I live in a city where many of them come, due to our transplant centers here - extremely wealthy foreigners come to the US for the latest and most advanced health care.

They don't go to Germany.

Well, whatever disease and whatever treatment he (the father) had seems to be working -- he's still alive a couple of years later now...

As chikdren, before they came to the US, they grew up dealing with war, corruption, and chaos. Is that nota a hardship?

Guys, there is not a finite amount of compassion or understanding in the world, that we can somehow use up. Feeling compassion for what the two brothers might have been through does not mean we cannot simultaneously feel compassion for the victims who were injured or died.

Excellent post. I would also emphasize that, just because we feel compassion towards what someone had gone through in their past does NOT mean we are justifying or excusing their current evil behaviors.

People are dealt with hardships, tribulations, wild cards and circumstances beyond our control (e.g., Hurricane Sandy, diseases, bike/scooter accidents, etc.) all the time. It's how we handle our hardships that determines who we ultimately become -- a better person or a worst one. In this case, the marathon bombers chose the wrong course of action.

Nevertheless, I still believe that had the brothers been mentored by successful, emotionally healthy people (likely not their biological parents who appear to be in denial) who genuinely cared, accepted, and loved them irrespective of their socioeconomic status/history, etc., that their anger and hate would have been stymied and they might not have become the mass murderers that they are today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeSpice