Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #7 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HUH? So now the lawyer makes it sound like the 3yo lived with TT and she didn't? She called to see how the girl was?

Don't put too much stock in what the lawyer says. He's angling things in favorable light of his client.

What he says and what's factual could be only accurate up to a point, seems at this time he's try to paint a picture of a couple that didn't spend a lot of time together to create some distance between the bomber and his wife..

Coming up on CNN: New details about the dead suspect's wife.

Since he won't be treated as an enemy combatant (Im assuming waterboarding is out of the question) can he still get the death penalty? Mass is a no DP state.

Also does anyone know if failing to commit suicide makes him shamed in his religon? I surely hope so.

"Enemy combatant". I really wish there are lawyers here who can answer this. Why can't DT be labelled an "enemy combatant"? Isn't that precisely what he and his big brother are/were? Is there a legal definition that mandates that only non-American citizens can be labelled as enemy combatants? Or that enemy combatants need to part of a larger organization based outside the US?

They're enemies to America -- they're "anti-Americans" -- and combatants -- they fought/killed innocent civilians AND LE, etc.

I don't believe the story about the suicide shooting in the neck. He would probably be not walking or dead by now. As it happens he got up relatively comfortably from the boat (with a little difficulty), he lost quite a bit of blood in the previous shootout with LE.

It was probably another injury int he initial shootout.

WOW! Just viewed lovely wife and home she grew up in.
Then in the few short years she knew her husband (murderer)
her looks change, she dresses all in a black garb, works like a slave,
lives in a filthy mess of an apt?
Has no toys, crib etc for baby?
This monster was gone for 6-7 months to homeland?
Who cared for baby?
To many unanswered questions about wife...........didn't her parents object?
Did they visit them?
Something IMO, is NOT right at all.

WOW! Just viewed lovely wife and home she grew up in.
Then in the few short years she knew her husband (murderer)
her looks change, she dresses all in a black garb, works like a slave,
lives in a filthy mess of an apt?
Has no toys, crib etc for baby?
This monster was gone for 6-7 months to homeland?
Who cared for baby?
To many unanswered questions about wife...........didn't her parents object?
Did they visit them?
Something IMO, is NOT right at all.

Do you have a link to those pictures? I've not seen any of them. TIA :)

"Enemy combatant". I really wish there are lawyers here who can answer this. Why can't DT be labelled an "enemy combatant"? Isn't that precisely what he and his big brother are/were? Is there a legal definition that mandates that only non-American citizens can be labelled as enemy combatants? Or that enemy combatants need to part of a larger organization based outside the US?

They're enemies to America -- they're "anti-Americans" -- and combatants -- they fought/killed innocent civilians AND LE, etc.
I remember reading somewhere that "American Citizens" can't be called Enemy Combatant?
I think that was the problem. And I think I read that on CNN, don't remember though.

Prior to 2009, he could have charged as an enemy combatant as Padilla, who was also a citizen, was. The law changed in 2009 and excluded American citizens. This is per legal expert on Fox.

What sounds weak to me...is supporting your family while your husband cares for a baby in an apartment...that shows not one sign that a 3year old lives there...not a toybox, nothing...while his expensive skis, athletic "toys" make the place a pig sty.

What looks weak to me is tolerating the kind of man who not only does not work, and obviously prefers things for himself over things for his child...but does not even lift a hand to keep the little apartment tidy...so after working 70 hours a week...this woman comes home each night to a pig sty.

Is that the definition of a "strong woman" in some cultures?

What is her culture? Where was she raised?

Edit to add - would you have preferred she not work, so they would have qualified for even more public assistance (the same public assistance so many are wailing about already?)?

Edit to add - would you have preferred she not work, so they would have qualified for even more public assistance (the same public assistance so many are wailing about already?)?

she was raised in Rhode Island, pix shows her in music and art, beautiful home (up for sale) Beautiful (graduation?) pic????

she was raised in Rhode Island, pix shows her in music and art, beautiful home (up for sale) Beautiful (graduation?) pic????

Exactly my point. She was raised in the American culture. The original post I responded to said that the "culture she came from" was very paternalistic, and Implied that the women are weak and ruled by their husbands.

I pointed out that the women in the Tsarnaev family don't act weak, and that the wife isn't even of the same culture - her culture was American!

The wife is American and grew up in the United States. There are numerous articles about her and her parents online now.

People are not questioning her choice to work, they are questioning why a woman is working 70 hours a week while it appears her husband chose not to be employed.

If that apartment is indeed the one that they all lived in there were no photos that showed that it was fit for a toddler. Perhaps more information will come out about that later.

A simple point to it all - we cant generalize about everyone in a culture, and folks need to stop confusing culture with religion.

The wife is American and grew up in the United States. There are numerous articles about her and her parents online now.

People are not questioning her choice to work, they are questioning why a woman is working 70 hours a week while it appears her husband chose not to be employed.

If that apartment is indeed the one that they all lived in there were no photos that showed that it was fit for a toddler. Perhaps more information will come out about that later.

Again, if you follow the trail of posts backwards, I was responding to a poster who said her culture was "paternalistic". My point is that her culture is American.

Generalizations don't work!

The FBI do not thoroughly search a house or apartment looking for say bombs, and guns and things like that and then tidy it all up again before they leave.

Since he won't be treated as an enemy combatant (Im assuming waterboarding is out of the question) can he still get the death penalty? Mass is a no DP state.

Also does anyone know if failing to commit suicide makes him shamed in his religon? I surely hope so.

Killing innocent people makes him shamed in his religion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member