Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #8 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I had said, time and time again, someone -- whether LE or media or what have you -- jumped the gun in their reports. It takes time to assess and analyze real evidence. But nowadays with twitter, facebook, etc., everyone wants news in real time and even faster so there's bound to be rumors and misinformation. I think the public needs to learn that in order to get the most accurate news, we have to be more patient and allow TIME before details about a newsstory becomes clear. As is, if we want news in real time, we'll have to accept broad outlines of events without actual details and await the details to come in (much) later reportings.

I agree, but many of the details still being reported are flat out wrong. Of course they are still speculation as the Feds have only released what you hear from them, all else cannot be concluded to be verified. So, for anything close to verified, we are left with what little the pressers have offered.

Also noticed some misprinting of what we (well those that watched) watched for hours happen. Have no idea how articles are getting that messed up, but they are. Did no one tape all of that live coverage and they just go by notes made?

When I first *read* it, I thought she was just saying how upset she is she wants to die and everyone else can too. (Kind of selfish and overly dramatic, but you know.)

When I first *heard* it, I thought she was denouncing him for killing her oldest and first born, not that she would ever admit he killed TT out loud.

.....and I'm thinking she might be afraid of DT talking because it would not surprise me if she knew of and encouraged TT's plan...

[Re: the photo of the guy in shredded black clothes running from the bombing scene...]

Can't speak for the poster, but my guess would be she's curious b/c he was for a short time a person of interest--see the previous threads in here. He was hilighted in an oval in photos. I remember posting that I didn't see why he should be a person of interest simply b/c he was running away--that there was another guy in jeans also next to him running in one of the still sequences, and that a lot of people that could DID run from the scene.

Trying to glean an understanding of still photos or even snippets of video from a scene of total shock and chaos is like trying to nail jello to a tree! They are running away so they must be guilty. They aren't reacting so they must be guilty. They are "overacting" so they must be guilty. They are dressed like runners to fit in so they must be guilty. They aren't dressed like runners so they must be guilty. They are dressed like special ops so they must have been warned ahead or part of the plot. There aren't enough special ops there so they must be part of the plot.

It goes on and on and on. They keep changing the conspiracy theory to fit their agenda-which is to prove that the government is in the business of staging "false flag" to further specific agena-weather it to be to instill a police state, a new world order, gun control, against gun control, to further internationl relations to rally support against other countries, to crash to stock market - to strengthen the stock market.

For these conspiracy theorists to be believe, we need to accept that just about everyone involved, from local law enforcement to bystanders to doctors to victims (including children) to the highest levels of government, to be involved. It just doesn't work.

What is the theory that the most simplest explanation is typically the correct one? That 2 punks-one bent on an Islmamic extremist agenda of jihad and another who just likes blowing stuff up-did this all alone, as evidenced by the the crime scene photos, video, witness statements, evidence collected at the crime scene, interviews with doctors, and even what we watched on the news and heard on the scanner in REAL TIME!!!

Our government can't figure out how to keep people from hacking the accounts of Obama and the First Lady and we are expected to believe they are able to pull all of this off????

GMAB!!!

There WAS an early report of gunpowder on his neck. I read it. I'll try to round it up.

First reports out were gunshot wounds, not shrapnel. No need to change it to shrapnel unless someone's back-peddling, IMO. And shrapnel doesn't leave close-range gunpowder leading to attempted suicide speculation. But he couldn't have attempted suicide if he had no gun on him in the boat.

This whole thing's a mess, and it's not just the reporting by MSM--we've heard video statements by LE that now don't seem to jive. "Exchange of gunfire..."
The head guy of the Swat Squad that actually 'captured' Dzhokhar was asked in a televised media interview/press conference about if there was a gunshot wound on the neck, he said he saw no gunshot wound, he saw something that looked more like a cut, that he said was probably from or looked like it was from shrapnel.

He was there, he was up close and personal. Neither the Police Commissioner nor the the Watertown Police Chief were there in those few moments before he was whisked off in an ambulance.

The only one to report about a suicide attempt was John Miller who gets all his info from his old FBI cronies.

I agree it is somewhat of a mess, but I am beginning to contribute it more and more to the differing stories from the different law enforcement agencies. And, not so much to the media reporting, except for a few exceptions. I am talking about actual reporting, not the media speculations. At least in this case, law enforcement is talking, unlike Sandy Hook where it will be years, if ever, when the public is ever priivy to the details of the investigation.

.....and I'm thinking she might be afraid of DT talking because it would not surprise me if she knew of and encouraged TT's plan...

I just had that same thought. Maybe mom somehow thinks support for her son and such is getting through to him and hoping he will not tell them everything or that he will carry her version of the story, e.g., the cleric. Surely she doesn't think her terrorist son is watching the news?!

Question: Is Dzhokhar allowed to watch television, listen to a radio, play an iPod in his hospital room?

Map of Russian Federation, to clarify tome of the cities/countries & their locations. Mods please feel free to change size if I blow the borders :)

article-0-196EBED6000005DC-501_634x546.jpg

Dagestan is the country the parents of the 2 terrorists live, in the capital city.
An aunt (who has talked to media) and uncle also live there. Kazakstan is where father of terrorists is from.
I believe he served in their army when young, and met the mother at that time. Interesting to see how close to Chechnya they are also.

I'm not on board with the "conspiracy theorists" at all but all the backpack stuff is really odd to me.The backpack DT had on is clearly seen back in his apartment ? why would he have 2 backpacks that are the same?

Question: Is Dzhokhar allowed to watch television, listen to a radio, play an iPod in his hospital room?

I wouldn't think so, but it did dawn on me that his attorney would be allowed to talk with him ... and about what mom is saying in the media?

Can that legally be arranged considering he's been name a terrorist now? I thought he'd be cutoff from outside visitors? Gosh so much to learn...

It seems like the father thinks he will get to see his son, every news article I've seen where the father has gave an interview he says he is coming to see his son. I understand it not being allowed. But as much as the mother likes to talk, I am curious what the father would say to the son if he assumed no one was around. It be interesting for sure.

Probably now that he has attorneys. Not before, they would just want him isolated to speak with him with no outside influences. He's still in the hospital?

I'm not on board with the "conspiracy theorists" at all but all the backpack stuff is really odd to me.The backpack DT had on is clearly seen back in his apartment ? why would he have 2 backpacks that are the same?

I have no knowledge of what is shown on the video, but perhaps they bought 2-3 backpacks at the same time to transport the bombs? If so, likely they bought identical ones?

It seems like the father thinks he will get to see his son, every news article I've seen where the father has gave an interview he says he is coming to see his son. I understand it not being allowed. But as much as the mother likes to talk, I am curious what the father would say to the son if he assumed no one was around. It be interesting for sure.

I don't think they will make any arrangements for that meeting. Too dangerous to take any chances. Dad may be demanding and try to pull any strings he can, but if he is classified as a terrorist, it isn't happening.

Fbi taken by surprise that DT going to be read his rights.

http://yidwithlid.blogspot.com/2013/04/fbi-fuming-boston-bombers-premature.html?utm_source=co2hog

This was all over Megyn Kellys show on Fox just now.

Also she says they are awaiting a news conference as they suspect that Times Square was the bomber's next target. Not that they were going to NYC to "party",like he said. Now there's a shock! He lied.

JMO, but I don't think the Feds were surprised at Mirandization. It's been a hot topic in the news for a few days, and on other countries online news if you look. (And it's not good.) I think DT said all he was going to, and we know not all of it is true. The Feds know it, they are looking for bomb practice scraps even though DT said they didn't bomb practice.

He was appointed attorneys, Miranda had to be read. He knows all about Miranda I'm sure. He's been here long enough and was participating in criminal activity. What do criminal discuss? Their ways in and around the system.

I don't see the confusion in this backpack thing? If they bought three or more or the same pressure cookers, and multiples of remote control parts, and multiple amounts of whatever type of fireworks/explosives.....why would there be any difference in buying two of the same backpacks? I'm sure those backpacks were chosen for the SIZE they needed and not so much in the interest of diversifying their backpack collections.

jmo

Boston bombing suspect indicated he intended to detonate explosives in Times Square, officials tell CNN.

From CNN.com - just a headline, no text yet.

(ETA - I see that Deoneta posted this on the previous page)

If you were planning on setting off another bomb or two, then it would make sense.

JMO, but I don't think the Feds were surprised at Mirandization. It's been a hot topic in the news for a few days, and on other countries online news if you look. (And it's not good.) I think DT said all he was going to, and we know not all of it is true. The Feds know it, they are looking for bomb practice scraps even though DT said they didn't bomb practice.

He was appointed attorneys, Miranda had to be read. He knows all about Miranda I'm sure. He's been here long enough and was participating in criminal activity. What do criminal discuss? Their ways in and around the system.

Just heard Megyn say that the FBI was told they were to be given 48 hours to interrogate and were only given 16. When the Federal magistrate walked in they were taken by surprise. No warning. But based on the fact that he said they were going to party in NYC,who could believe anything he says anyway? What information they got from him could be all untrue.
I'm anxious to know how they found out that Times Square was the next target? Maybe computer records? Thank God they let that carjack guy go,we might never have known how to find these guys and there might have been more lives lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState