Thailand - FOUND ALIVE - 12 Boys And Coach Trapped In Cave , 23 June 2018 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if this cave is a local rite of passage type thing or a tourist type thing? Just curious if the cave is closed at certain times of year to the public. If so, I wonder if they will push back the times from now on to try to have this never happen again. Some hiking, climbing areas where I live are allowed only during from this date to this date. Your on your merit to not climb before that date as to not disturb the nesting Raptors. I just wonder about the cave itself. After this is over for my own curiousness I think I will dig around and see what I can learn. (by the way just typing to pass time as we wait)...Just pondering.

6m ago 09:24

We’re still waiting for the news of the latest rescue attempt. There has been speculation that as yesterday’s operation went more quickly than Sunday’s another boy could emerge soon. But overnight rain could have made conditions much tougher in the cave, with higher water levels and stronger currents.

4928.jpg

Members of the media report from a hill near the Tham Luang cave area as the operations continue for those still trapped inside the cave Photograph: Ye Aung Thu/AFP/Getty Images

Thai cave rescue mission: third operation under way to free last four boys and coach – live

Apologies to the thread!

I am very very sorry -- I guess I just got carried away...
I am so emotional, and just in awe at this wonderous event unfolding before my very eyes!
I just don't want all the positive things that are happening, to stop.
My heart was in the right place.
Sorry for too much religious context...
No more of that. Promise!
The funny thing is, I'm really not all that "religious"
...well I wasn't anway -- we'll see after all of this is over! :)
Love to all of you out there, and please forgive me.
❤️❤️❤️

Does anyone know if this cave is a local rite of passage type thing or a tourist type thing? Just curious if the cave is closed at certain times of year to the public. If so, I wonder if they will push back the times from now on to try to have this never happen again. Some hiking, climbing areas where I live are allowed only during from this date to this date. Your on your merit to not climb before that date as to not disturb the nesting Raptors. I just wonder about the cave itself. After this is over for my own curiousness I think I will dig around and see what I can learn. (by the way just typing to pass time as we wait)...Just pondering.

AFAIK at this point, I haven't find anything about the cave being an "official" spot of the "initiation" practice that was mentioned in the press early on. I think what was meant was that for local folks, spelunking in an writing one's name on a cave wall is an unofficial "rite of passage". No special significance, particularly of a religious sort-- just something locals have likely been doing for years to feel brave, have an adventure, bragging rights. Yanno. Things we all likely did some variation of when we were kids. :)

Apologies to the thread!

I am so emotional, and just in awe at this wonderous event unfolding before my very eyes!
❤️❤️❤️

Verdigris - you are a gem.:)

Your posts have been so inspiring and spiritually moving. So uplifting!!

You have kept spirits buoyant ! Your prayers have been wonderful.

I only noticed compassion and love in your posts which were very moving.

Namaste,

Apologies to the thread!

❤️❤️❤️
I wasn’t offended at all. ❤️❤️❤️

Apologies to the thread!

❤️❤️❤️

I have enjoyed all your posts. And it is truly exciting to see such wonderful ends to this dire situation. *hugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LinLu