Thailand - FOUND ALIVE - 12 Boys And Coach Trapped In Cave , 23 June 2018 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s hope they can stay ahead of the rainfall with the pumps, damns, diversions, etc etc.they’ve been so hard at work so perhaps hopefully via all their engineering these raindrops which are about to give me a panic attack will not compromise rescue efforts or safety in any way.

Iirc , before everyone’s work, when the boys first went in, it rained for a half hour, then 4 hours?

”The factors are as good as yesterday [and] the rescue team is the same team with a few replacements for those exhausted,” Osatanakorn said.

Asked which boys would be coming, he said: “The perfect ones, the most ready ones.”“
Eight boys now freed in daring rescues from Thai cave

First of all, that seems like an odd question to ask=== >'which boys would be coming? '

There are only 4 boys left, so shouldn't we think they are ALL coming out now?

But the answer is even weirder===> “The perfect ones, the most ready ones.”“

That answer worries me greatly. Every one of the boys has to be ready now. This is the end of the window.

I hope it is just lost in translation issues....
Those questions were asked about the previous group that were rescued yesterday.

Male British reporter: “The entrance up to the cave is just up that the road...the weather is really...
British male reporting...torrential downpour..

Sounds like rehearsal reporting, doing a few takes.

Last edited:
Interesting that the Thai PM is allowed to visit the children but not the parents. Health is clearly not the reason parents cannot see their children. #Thamluangcave This was from Jonathan Head on Twitter @pakhead
I think the real reason is they don't want the parents of the children that are still inside the cave to panic that their kids are still in there. That's probably why only the parents of the first set of kids got to see them through the glass.

I hear helicopter (maybe$

Very especially worried for the coach. They clearly said they would not compromise or risk the safety of their divers to get him out, moo. At least today. But if the rain keeps falling...if the plan was to maybe go in tomorrow...oh please lord stop raining.
Please get these boys and everyone out safely.

“Let’s do it”

Lovely gesture of giving back that seems to be such a part of the people. I've learned so much about this country and it's people in the past two weeks, so much of it is admirable.
Source: The Australian

Thailand cave rescue: Boys to be sent to local monasteries to serve Buddhist monks

In the depths of his despair, when it seemed as if he might never see his son alive again, Somboon Kaewwongwan made a desperate bargain. Bowing his head in front of the Tham Luang caves, he prayed to the goddess who inhabits them: bring my son back, and I will put him into the monkhood.

The parents of the 11 other boys imprisoned in the cave did the same. A group of them travelled to the Buddhist monastery of Phrathat Doi Tung, which enshrines the collarbone of the Buddha, and days later their prayers appeared to be partially rewarded when the boys were discovered, trapped but alive, deep inside the caves.

As a result, the boys, aged 11 to 17, have a surprise in store: when they are safely brought out, and once they have recovered, they will be sent by their parents to local monasteries to have their heads shaved and serve as Buddhist monks.

Their stints will not be long - between two weeks and a month. Many Thais enter monasteries for a period as young men, in a kind of religious equivalent of national service. However, the story illuminates the central place of religion in Thai life, and the particular role it has played in this crisis.

“We did indeed make a bargain,” said Mr Somboon, who was waiting to hear whether his son was one of those already rescued. “We prayed to the goddess and to the Buddha to look after our kids in the cave, and to help them get out safe. And they are still with them, caring for them. We made a bargain, and we must keep our promise.”

It appears that this is a subscription-only site. I have not seen it quoted as such as to this information on any other site.

I can't fathom this .

Has anyone else seen this information elsewhere, from a site which I cannot connect to and did not even have a link?

(Please keep those visuals coming, I’ve switched to audio mode so I can still spy while I cook dinner real quick, tia.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487