Thailand - Simon Robinson, 27, UK National, failed to board his flight home, Bangkok, 27 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
AUG 8, 2024
[...]

He was then meant to get a connecting flight from the Finnish capital to Manchester.

His sister, Sarah Robinson Dale, said it's been confirmed he did get on the flight from Thailand but didn't take the second one back to the UK.

[...]

His family have also set up an Instagram page called 'findsimonrobinson' in a bid to raise more awareness.

Ms Dale, from Barnsley in South Yorkshire, shared a version of the missing poster translated into Finnish in the hope it could throw up some new leads in the country.

[...]

Finnish media picking up Simon’s disappearance as well:

Most relevant parts of the article translated below:

”… The last time Simon was in contact with his loved ones was on Friday afternoon, when the plane he was supposed to be on had landed in Helsinki. Sarah Robinson says that the message was sent to a friend of Simon Robinson and there was nothing unusual about the message.

Since then, Simon Robinson has not used his social media accounts.The flight arrived in Helsinki at 15:01. The next flight to Manchester would have left at 16:34…”

”… Simon Robinson had been in Thailand alone, which was usual according to his sister and friends. According to them, Robinson has traveled alone a lot.

Sarah Robinson was last in contact with her brother at the end of July, when he had announced that he would return home earlier than originally planned.

Robinson does not know why his brother wanted to return early. It's really unusual that he doesn't contact me. We are close and we usually talk at least a couple of times a week, says Robinson on the phone.

Our parents died two years ago, and we only have each other….”

”… Sarah Robinson says that she has received confirmation from both Finnair and the Thai Immigration Office. Ilta-Sanomat investigated the matter from Finnair. However, Finnair was unable to confirm the matter.

CENTRAL CRIMINAL POLICE's crime commissioner Mikko Salminen says that he too cannot comment on the case one way or the other

When it's not a criminal case, you can't open privacy issues, Salminen states.

The British police could not comment on the case by phone either.

Sarah Robinson now plans to continue to investigate her brother's fate. So far, he has not received an update on the situation from the British police.

- I was told that they would look into Simon's bank card information, but it is really difficult for me to get an update on the situation because of data protection laws, says Robinson.

He says that he shared Facebook updates in the hope that someone in Finland would recognize Simon and help him get home.”

I live in Finland (although moved away from Helsinki 3 years ago) and have been sharing his sister’s post on social media.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl
Back