Thank you

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you very much for your help JenniferTx and Erinleigh for your help, it is much appreciated.

I know a little bit about the case, but I have never done any in depth reading, so I can't form an opinion as to her guilt or innocence at the moment.

I will go look at the evidence and hopefully join in the converstaion in the near future.

Thanks again for the help.

Thank you very much for your help JenniferTx and Erinleigh for your help, it is much appreciated.

I know a little bit about the case, but I have never done any in depth reading, so I can't form an opinion as to her guilt or innocence at the moment.

I will go look at the evidence and hopefully join in the converstaion in the near future.

Thanks again for the help.

look forward to seeing you soon! what i actually did was start backwards. i read darlie's website and then set out to see what was hype and what was fact. i remember when i went to her site i was thinking "hmm..this sounds off, maybe darin had something to do with it..maybe she is either a co-conspirator or not guilty" then i went thru all the threads here...read a book, watched all the videos i could find and now i'm heading for the transcripts.

i hate that the fact that i ended up with guilty. it's a bad feeling to think of what the kids went thru at what i believe was their mother's hands.

remember, you don't have to "know everything" to join discussions. pop in as you read. make comments, ask questions. it's how i have to learn cases since i don't have the time i wish i could devote. i have to start small and build up but it's still an enjoyable experience to post ideas and thoughts and see what other people think. plus if you have a fact wrong people will point it out nicely and offer a link for you to read to get the proper info.

look forward to seeing you soon! what i actually did was start backwards. i read darlie's website and then set out to see what was hype and what was fact. i remember when i went to her site i was thinking "hmm..this sounds off, maybe darin had something to do with it..maybe she is either a co-conspirator or not guilty" then i went thru all the threads here...read a book, watched all the videos i could find and now i'm heading for the transcripts.

i hate that the fact that i ended up with guilty. it's a bad feeling to think of what the kids went thru at what i believe was their mother's hands.

remember, you don't have to "know everything" to join discussions. pop in as you read. make comments, ask questions. it's how i have to learn cases since i don't have the time i wish i could devote. i have to start small and build up but it's still an enjoyable experience to post ideas and thoughts and see what other people think. plus if you have a fact wrong people will point it out nicely and offer a link for you to read to get the proper info.

Thank you so much Erinleigh for the warm welcome and your help and advice, it is very much appreciated.:cool:

I only read a little bit last night, the 911 call, an account of Darlie's of what happened that night and a bit of the Prosecution's Opening Statement, but I already have written down some points and have questions/issues that I want to find answers too!

I think its always horrible when you think some one is guilty of the crime they were charged and/or convicted of, specially when young children are involved. I'm the sort of person who likes to think the best of people, so its always upsetting and depressing when you realise that they likely did what they were accused of.

I'm going to read some more and then jump in the discussion, I am looking forward to chatting more with you about this case.

Thanks again for making me feel so welcome. :hug:

yep. it all came to a head that night. the talk of separation, the diet pills, anger, depression, sociopathy, money problems.
that's why i think darin knows. he knew what was really going on with darlie. an intruder didn;t just happen into a troubled home that night.

and thank u for understanding my post. geez..typos, forgetting to make things plural. i work too many hours. my brain is fried.
and thanks to all who sleuth when i cannot find the time. i seriously am on call 130 hours a week. i would love to really dive into some of these things and actually remember what i learn.

cami..do i recall correctly..did you do a paper on the blood evidence?

Well it wasn't actually a paper. Just a collection of all the blood point by point. Blood where it shouldn't be and no blood where it should be. I typed it out in WordPerfect, then pasted it here. That was years ago though.

Beause I own MTJD, I have the blood map and the CS photos, which are very revealing.

i.e. the bloody knife on the carpet. the lack of Darlie's blood on the couch, that sort of thing. It's probably way back in the threads.

You guys have sort of answered my first few questions in this thread.

Just reading through darlie's account of what happened I noted down the following points:
Why were she and the children sleeping downstairs? Why was she not upstairs with her husband and baby?

If she was downstairs because she was a light sleeper and the baby would wake her moving in his crib, how did she sleep through an attack?

Diet pills usually contained some sort of speed back then, I would have thought it would make it very hard for her to sleep at all. Again, how could she sleep through an attack?

After she saw the intruder, she says she followed him, saw the knife, picked it up and took it back to the kitchen bar. If I was in her situation, probably the first thing I would have done is pick up something I could use as a weapon then chase after the intruder, I would certainly not pick up evidence, then move it. I would also have shouted to my DH pretty much as soon as I registered that there was an intruder and my children were badly injured.

Also she says that she walked in and out of the rooms, to me IMHO, that sounds almost leisurely. She may have been in shock - and I have never been in the same situation as her- but when I have had emergencies and accidents in the home, I have raced to help the person and shouted for help ASAP.

I'm a bit perplexed by her telling Damon to lie on his belly, also that she didn't attempt to staunch the blood flow on the children, but left that to Darin. I also don't understand her thinking behind wetting towels.

I could be totally wrong here, but these were all things that seem a little strange.

In her 911 call, I also am bothered by her saying she picked up the knife and then says maybe we could have gotten prints off it. TBH I think I would be focused on my children's health and desperate to get medical help, before even thinking of crime scene analysis.

I would be interested in what other people's opinions are to the points I've raised.

Darlie did not want to admit that she and Darin had had a flight that night and she was sleeping downstairs in a fit of temper, so she made up that flimsy story of the baby keeping her awake. I've read or heard somewhere that both boys were upstairs in their beds and the fight woke them up. Their beds were found with the covers messed up as if they had been in them. The boys came downstairs to see about the fight and wound up asking to stay with Darlie.
Something that bothers me, too is that Darlie claims she woke up groggy and saw the profile of a man walking away and she knew immediately that it wasn't Darin. She gave a description of a man who resembled Darin, but groggy as she claims to be, she insists it wasn't Darin. So why didn't she call out to Darin then. Why follow the intruder? If the intruder is supposed to think he killed her, getting up from the sofa certainly let's him know she's not dead. And, if as Darlie claims, Damon woke her by pushing on her shoulder, the intruder must have seen him alive, too.
Has anyone else noticed that despite Darlie's claims to be assisting Darin and wetting towels, on the 911 calls she says "I've just got to sit here for hours." Doesn't sound like she was helping. And when the police got there, she was still sitting against the wall holding a towel to her own neck.

Just reading through darlie's account of what happened I noted down the following points:
Why were she and the children sleeping downstairs? Why was she not upstairs with her husband and baby?

If she was downstairs because she was a light sleeper and the baby would wake her moving in his crib, how did she sleep through an attack?

Diet pills usually contained some sort of speed back then, I would have thought it would make it very hard for her to sleep at all. Again, how could she sleep through an attack?

After she saw the intruder, she says she followed him, saw the knife, picked it up and took it back to the kitchen bar. If I was in her situation, probably the first thing I would have done is pick up something I could use as a weapon then chase after the intruder, I would certainly not pick up evidence, then move it. I would also have shouted to my DH pretty much as soon as I registered that there was an intruder and my children were badly injured.

Also she says that she walked in and out of the rooms, to me IMHO, that sounds almost leisurely. She may have been in shock - and I have never been in the same situation as her- but when I have had emergencies and accidents in the home, I have raced to help the person and shouted for help ASAP.

I'm a bit perplexed by her telling Damon to lie on his belly, also that she didn't attempt to staunch the blood flow on the children, but left that to Darin. I also don't understand her thinking behind wetting towels.

I could be totally wrong here, but these were all things that seem a little strange.

In her 911 call, I also am bothered by her saying she picked up the knife and then says maybe we could have gotten prints off it. TBH I think I would be focused on my children's health and desperate to get medical help, before even thinking of crime scene analysis.

I would be interested in what other people's opinions are to the points I've raised.

hey tricksy, did you ever see the news clip of her spraying silly string on the boys' graves?

her and darin were fighting..she asked for a separation that night. they didnt admit to that until later.

because she was the "inturder" and wide awake thru it all :0)

same answer

darin claims what woke him was the sound of the wine glass breaking "ya right' later he says darlies screams and glass awoke him. then you get into the whole he ran downstairs with no pants vs he ran downstairs with pants on mess. (statements made for both scenerios) dain ran downstairs according to his testimony, saw the glass table tipped over, saw Devon covered in blood and assumed the table fell on him. he started CPR on the already dead Devin while darlie was on the phone with 911

she had no reason to run in my mind. there was no intruder and she couldn't aid the boys since if they lived she would be caught.

i dont think she told Damon to lie on his belly. i think she stabbed him..he crawed to where he was found and stabbed again.
the towel wetting story came later. my personal belief is that the wet towels were created to explain the "cleanup" in the sink. i understand that towels were used but no mention of wet until later....also, i dont belive she applied the towels to the boys. throughtout the 911 call you will notice darin sounds very far away. you cant really hear what he is saying...if she were by his side aiding the boys we would have heard him more clearly.

she did nothing to help the boys. she stayed on the phone..held a towel to her neck..and then later claimed she had no concern for her own injuries. that the boys were her concern. the police say different.

hope this helps so far.

If she was upstairs with Darin and kids, she could not have put her plan into action.

Darin would have woken up....... esp. if you have a child screaming "Daddy, Daddy" which is what they probably would have done if they were upstairs while being stabbed by their "Mother".

Hi Guys,

Thanks so much for your answers. I wrote a longish post at the weekend addressing a lot of them, but my computer crashed before I could submit it! :banghead:

As soon as I get a moment I will try and write it again, I just haven't seemed to have 5 minutes to engage my brain and remember what I wrote! :doh:

Runsdeep, I have seen the clip of the silly string incident. To me, that is not something I would personally do, but I hate to condemn people for doing something different to me. I'll try and explain a little better - I don't know enough about the case yet to see it as a possible example of guilty or innocent behaviour. Inappropriate - Yes? In my book. But I'm just taking it at face value at the moment, cause I really don't know enough about the case to read too much in to it.

Will be back as soon as I can. Erinleigh and Crow_Ascending, thank you very much for your responses, they are much appreciated.

Hi Guys,

Thanks so much for your answers. I wrote a longish post at the weekend addressing a lot of them, but my computer crashed before I could submit it! :banghead:

As soon as I get a moment I will try and write it again, I just haven't seemed to have 5 minutes to engage my brain and remember what I wrote! :doh:

Runsdeep, I have seen the clip of the silly string incident. To me, that is not something I would personally do, but I hate to condemn people for doing something different to me. I'll try and explain a little better - I don't know enough about the case yet to see it as a possible example of guilty or innocent behaviour. Inappropriate - Yes? In my book. But I'm just taking it at face value at the moment, cause I really don't know enough about the case to read too much in to it.

Will be back as soon as I can. Erinleigh and Crow_Ascending, thank you very much for your responses, they are much appreciated.

the silly string was about one week after the very violent murders that she slept through and that also sent her to the hospital for a cut on her neck.

i posted on another thread:
one of my babies died in pregnancy, didnt know until checkup and sonogram. all very quiet, but for months i was not much more than a walking zombie, could not crack a smile. when i saw her on the news chomping on gum, laughing, spraying silly string--then a close up with her open collar showing a faint scar; i sat there for a while with my chin on the floor.

the silly string was about one week after the very violent murders that she slept through and that also sent her to the hospital for a cut on her neck.

i posted on another thread:
one of my babies died in pregnancy, didnt know until checkup and sonogram. all very quiet, but for months i was not much more than a walking zombie, could not crack a smile. when i saw her on the news chomping on gum, laughing, spraying silly string--then a close up with her open collar showing a faint scar; i sat there for a while with my chin on the floor.

If you watch the video of Darlie at the cemetery watch her face very closely. You can almost see that she is giggy during that time. Kinda like she is radiating because she is feeling that she got away with murder and that everyone believed the crap she was saying. I am very sorry you lost a child during pregnancy. Hugs to you dear.

been traveling for work. lost my kindle. so upset. i had 4 books i was reading on it. :0(
i am feeling frustrated today. i heard the anthony's were on Dr Phil. its been 2 months and i cannot get over the fact that casey is free. i cant post in that forum for reasons u all heard me say (makes me too sick) so im venting here. the one place where i can be sure a killer is in jail.

things that bug me this week..
1. seeing kate gosselin crying because she can no longer exploit her 8 kids for money.
2. seeing national enquirer say casey is frolicking in mexico free as a bird.
3. knowing jonbenet will never have justice
4. knowing caylee got no support from her family.
5. wondering what really happened to the boys boys in the WM3 case.

sometimes its enough to depress you. all of these poor children who suffer with no voice to protect them. maybe karma doesn't always come calling? r some people so evil or disturbed they escape it? i hate watching good hard working people get kicked around and have hard time while it seems the rotten just glide right by getting everything their empty hearts desire.

just random thoughts and rants that i have no place to put. im just depressed today.

been traveling for work. lost my kindle. so upset. i had 4 books i was reading on it. :0(
i am feeling frustrated today. i heard the anthony's were on Dr Phil. its been 2 months and i cannot get over the fact that casey is free. i cant post in that forum for reasons u all heard me say (makes me too sick) so im venting here. the one place where i can be sure a killer is in jail.

1. seeing kate gosselin crying because she can no longer exploit her 8 kids for money.

sometimes its enough to depress you. all of these poor children who suffer with no voice to protect them. maybe karma doesn't always come calling? r some people so evil or disturbed they escape it? i hate watching good hard working people get kicked around and have hard time while it seems the rotten just glide right by getting everything their empty hearts desire.

just random thoughts and rants that i have no place to put. im just depressed today.

I know it can get very depressing at times but you just have to remember that there are still some very good people in the world. Sometimes I find myself so wrapped up in all the bad things that go on in the world that I sometimes forgot to try and see the good things. I am a firm believer in karma and know that people like Casey Anthony will never really ever be "free" again. Casey still has to live with the fact that she knows she killed her own daughter. That has to torment her in some way every single day of her life. Try and cheer up but I do understand how you feel.

Oh erinleigh I'm so sorry that you lost your kindle I feel sick for you over that.
I really hope you will read or hear something that will lift your spirits some today.

there are more folks out there who have no feelings of remorse or any other similar emotions than we realized before following cases. the conviction rate is very low per the offenses.

you can feel good about the fact that you do feel compassion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back