The 90 minutes Terri spent driving around--Do you believe it?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Do you believe Terri drove around for 90 minutes strictly to calm a fussy baby?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes, I agree the timeline is tight. I agree Terri's version is normal and pretty logical - meaning if you ask if this is how Terri could plausibly innocently spend her time that day - answer (IMO) is "Sure!".

For LE to remain so focused on Terri & Terri associates for all this time, I keep thinking they must have some evidence they really like that gives them confidence in the Terri plus accomplice(s) theory.

What kind of evidence? *shrugs*
Cell phones? Texts? An eyewitness or two? Child witnesses? Terri's relatives? A turncoat friend? Something Kaine's information (unknown to us) has pointed them to?

For me it boils down to:

Look where LE seems to be pointing (Terri, with Dede's timeline key, Terri's timeline unacceptable, starring the white truck) because LE has so much more than we have and knows what it's doing and where it's headed and works daily to nail down witnesses and evidence so their case is prosecutable.

or

Look where LE is pointing with a "different lens" and try a few variations of theory in the same direction LE seems to be working. (add 3rd person ... add person in white truck at school ... )

or

Discount LE because they've been running down the wrong path for weeks, building a case that is false. (LE wrong about Terri's timeline being off, stranger abduction, Kyron lost in woods, two flyers about the white truck and terri/dede were grasping at straws)

That's my view from the fence. While I agree that Terri's hour plus of driving story is very reasonable, it seems LE is pretty sure it didn't happen as Terri claims. Because Terri's story is quite plausible, LE's strong exception to her story is the real red flag to me.

Hoping that made some sense.

I would like to know if this was a First so to speak, that it was usual for TH to drive the baby around sometimes to placate her, or if this was not her usual method for calming the baby? If the baby was sick, then wouldn't she take her and get her checked ot by the doctor, or at least take her home to try and soothe her? I feel if the baby was sick as she said she was, if this is true, then why didn't she cancel her plans for the gym that day, as any caring mother would with a sick child, and take her home and keep an eye on her to see if she was going to get better or worse? If after giving the baby some medicine, and if she wasn't any better after that, then perhaps take her to the doctor.
This is why i'm not buying TH's story about driving around for any length of time, with a sick child, especially not a child with an earache!

I would like to discuss the 90 minute time period Terri reported she spent driving around rural roads trying to calm the baby who was fussy.

From a local point of view, I am just not buying it. Speaking as a Portlander, I find the whole idea of driving around random roads for 90 minutes for that purpose very unlikely.

Let me give you some background. Portland is known as one of the most Green cities in the nation--maybe even "the" most green. Oregon had the first bottle bill, and we are usually at the forefront of other green ideas. Right now the legislature is working on law that would ban the use of plastic grocery bags, for one small example.

The Portland Metro area has a very strict growth boundary and zoning laws. We are big on in-filling and creating greater density within the city rather than creating suburban sprawl. We spend extra money on our electric bill to support alternative clean electricity. We recycle like nobody's business. We have many forms of public transportation. We have strict auto emissions regulations to prevent air pollution. You get the idea.

So, from this lens, it is nearly unconscionable to contemplate driving that behemoth extra long pick up truck around for an hour and a half, wasting all that $3.00 gallon gasoline, simply to calm a fussy child that could be calmed much more quickly and successfully at home in a rocking chair. It just does not fit our Portland area mindset. Not at all.

I think she was up to no good during that 90 minutes. Driving around to calm the baby is a big fat lie.

IMOIMOIMOIMO>>>>>>>>

bbm

Haven't had a chance to read this entire thread but, I wonder if you didn't hit on something to pick apart this tale of TH's...I wonder if LE checked to see if it was even possible for TH to have driven the truck around for 90 min based on the fuel level in the truck.

What if Kaine stated that the truck was near the empty level that morning and there is no record/receipt of TH filling the car up at a gas station...hmmm!:waitasec:

Another thing that's been gnawing at me...does anyone know what the baby dental milestones are for an 18 month old?

What teeth if any would be erupting at 18 months of age?

I don't know whether she's telling the truth -- that would depend on the evidence. But I find her story believable because I used to be in the same boat.

I had a kid who was often fussy and frequently inconsolable. The only thing that calmed him down was driving. I drove around like that more than once, to strange and random parts of the state that I couldn't even find again, let alone name. I was having serious post-partum depression at the time and my frustration with not being able to calm him down often led me to melt down, too. Driving kept both of us from crying :p

I went a lot farther than 90 minutes sometimes. Often the only thing I was thinking was, "He's finally asleep, Dear God please don't let there be a pothole to jar him awake." We lived in Nashua NH. One time I wound up in Bellows Falls, Vermont. Ashburnham, MA. Places I didn't even know the name of.

Today I might feel guilty about wasting the gas, but it wouldn't even cross my mind while I was driving.

I worked at Nashua Fresh air camp a MILLION years ago. Is it still there?

I worked at Nashua Fresh air camp a MILLION years ago. Is it still there?

Cool! Yeah, I think it's still there. We moved down to MA several years ago, so I'm not sure.

Here's the bottom line imho: What are the odds that TH drove around aimlessly for 90 minutes on the day her stepson disappeared? Add to that: What are the odds that at or about the same time, TH's friend, DD Spicher, disappeared from the general same area for a significant period of time. Sorry, but I've worked in the justice system for 30 years and there are no coincidences.

Here's the bottom line imho: What are the odds that TH drove around aimlessly for 90 minutes on the day her stepson disappeared? Add to that: What are the odds that at or about the same time, TH's friend, DD Spicher, disappeared from the general same area for a significant period of time. Sorry, but I've worked in the justice system for 30 years and there are no coincidences.

How many other days of the school calendar did Terri Horman drive around aimlessly, outside of the disappearance of her stepson? What are the odds that in any one of those other aimless days, Terri met with one of her friends for awhile?

Is it coincidence if it's been something they've done before? Or is it only coincidence that THIS time, something also happened to her stepchild?

Should all mothers then determine not to drive around aimlessly after dropping their child off at school, and by all means never meet up with a friend, just on the off chance that an awful coincidence could occur that THEIR child might disappear from school?

I disagree. We've had numerous posts pointing out examples of people falsely targeted and convicted for crimes they didn't commit.

How many other days of the school calendar did Terri Horman drive around aimlessly, outside of the disappearance of her stepson? What are the odds that in any one of those other aimless days, Terri met with one of her friends for awhile?

Is it coincidence if it's been something they've done before? Or is it only coincidence that THIS time, something also happened to her stepchild?

Should all mothers then determine not to drive around aimlessly after dropping their child off at school, and by all means never meet up with a friend, just on the off chance that an awful coincidence could occur that THEIR child might disappear from school?

oooo, good one. I sure hope detectives thought to ask that question of family/friends that would know if driving was the best thing for little miss K-baby.

debs, you are a darn good thinker. I wish you could talk about all the things you really want to talk about here. :( I feel ya. :blowkiss:

I disagree. We've had numerous posts pointing out examples of people falsely targeted and convicted for crimes they didn't commit.

I wrote there are no coincidences. What has that have to do with people who are wrongly targeted?

You are mixing apples with oranges. First, you are confusing driving around aimlessly for 90 minutes with having an aimless day. This was by no means an aimless day. Second, you are confusing having an aimless day and getting together with a friend on such a day, with aimlessly driving around at the same time that her friend disappears from work--she was either aimlessly driving around to comfort the baby or she was meeting with her friend. Her story is only that she was aimlessly driving around--not that she was having an aimless day and met up with her friend. Third, She did not aimlessly drive around after dropping her child off at school. She left her child at a science fair to (according to her gym manager) run and get the baby some medicine--she then went to several stores and neglected to go back to the science fair--(and pick up the science project which was the whole reason she had the truck)--and THEN she aimlessly drove around.

When did TH feed the baby girl lunch?

well i don't know the actual answer to this question but my honest guess would be during the drive. with a cranky toddler with an earache,teething pain she probably gave her a bottle or sippy cup with some cheerios or small snacks packed in the diaper bag that generally go with outings and small babies... I personally don't find it odd that there was no mention of a stop for lunch..

JMO

I wrote there are no coincidences. What has that have to do with people who are wrongly targeted?

IMO, 'coincidences' are what led to them being targeted. I'm beginning to feel that may be the case here as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ula
Back