The Abduction October 22, 1989

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I watched the "Disappeared" episode on this last night. It's so tragic. I generally don't follow conspiracy theories, but the abductor asking their ages is odd to me. Very odd. It would seem as if he was picking up a certain aged boy for someone else.

As far as his having mask and gun readily available, it's my understanding predators of any stripe are constantly on the prowl and would have the tools of their trade available for any opportunity that came their way.

Another case for Stearns County to add to their record of unsolvable cases.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/...und-in-quarry-at-stearns-county-park-reserve/

I wonder if this is that guy's body they drained the whole quarry out there looking for. Maybe they had the wrong quarry.

Edited to add:
It says here in our paper that the body was found in quarry #8, which is the same quarry that was drained and searched.
http://www.sctimes.com/story/news/local/2015/10/04/emergency-workers-stationed-quarry/73342014/

There has been a body recovered from a quarry that was previously drained in august. So draining the lakes to low levels out at st johns to find Joshua Guimond, may not have been enough.

I don't think one can do a very good job by not leaving all options on the table. There is zero evidence that it was a kidnapping.

It would not be the first time that a lake was drained for one case, only to solve one or more additional cases...

I've recently spent some time reading about FBI profiling and cases of other abductions. I've noticed that it's common in unsovled cases such as Jacob's, to have a variety of suspects, rabbit holes, conspiracy theories, and the like. I'm posting this in multiple threads, so users may comment within the context of the intended purpose of the thread. I have more to add, and will do so following input from others.

I've also concluded there are two types of child molesters who would be the most likely perp in Jacob's case, IMO. One is the Preferential offender, the other is the Situational offender.

A Preferential offender is attracted to children, and typically targets a particular age or stage of development. They are most likely to prefer boys over girls, and generally prefer targeting one or the other, not both. Preferential offenders have the potential to molest large numbers of children. They generally exhibit one or a combination of three patterns of behavior: Seduction, Introverted, or Sadistic. The seductive molester targets children who are emotionally or physically neglected. He gives the child attention and gifts, and ultimately the victim becomes willing to trade these things for sex. They often seek long term relationships with their victims, and their biggest problem is breaking off the relationship once the victim is too old. The other big problem for seducers comes when a victim tries to "leave" the relationship before the molester is ready, and that can lead to threats or violence on the victim. A sadistic molester is aroused by inflicting pain on their victims and is more likely to abduct than other types of Preferential offenders. There are cases where a seducer escalates to a sadistic offender.

A Situational offender does not have a true sexual preference for children. A well known profiler says that this kind of molester is socially awkward, may live with their parents or adult family, and will tend to molest close to home. A Situational offender typically exhibits one or more of the following behavioral traits: Morally Indiscriminate, Regressed, Inadequate, and Sexually Indiscriminant. The morally indiscriminate offender may justify their offenses by saying "why not"? An inadequate molester has very low social confidence that may lead to extreme behavior under the right conditions. A Situational offender may offend over a wide range of frequency, from a "once in a lifetime" event to a long term record of offenses. Under the right circumstances, usually brought on by a stressor in the offender's life, he may abduct a child. Such an offender will keep close tabs on an investigation, gathering newspaper clippings and interjecting himself into the investigation. He will typically have a collection of detective magazines or adult *advertiser censored*.

I've recently spent some time reading about FBI profiling and cases of other abductions. I've noticed that it's common in unsovled cases such as Jacob's, to have a variety of suspects, rabbit holes, conspiracy theories, and the like. I'm posting this in multiple threads, so users may comment within the context of the intended purpose of the thread. I have more to add, and will do so following input from others.

I've also concluded there are two types of child molesters who would be the most likely perp in Jacob's case, IMO. One is the Preferential offender, the other is the Situational offender.

A Preferential offender is attracted to children, and typically targets a particular age or stage of development. They are most likely to prefer boys over girls, and generally prefer targeting one or the other, not both. Preferential offenders have the potential to molest large numbers of children. They generally exhibit one or a combination of three patterns of behavior: Seduction, Introverted, or Sadistic. The seductive molester targets children who are emotionally or physically neglected. He gives the child attention and gifts, and ultimately the victim becomes willing to trade these things for sex. They often seek long term relationships with their victims, and their biggest problem is breaking off the relationship once the victim is too old. The other big problem for seducers comes when a victim tries to "leave" the relationship before the molester is ready, and that can lead to threats or violence on the victim. A sadistic molester is aroused by inflicting pain on their victims and is more likely to abduct than other types of Preferential offenders. There are cases where a seducer escalates to a sadistic offender.

A Situational offender does not have a true sexual preference for children. A well known profiler says that this kind of molester is socially awkward, may live with their parents or adult family, and will tend to molest close to home. A Situational offender typically exhibits one or more of the following behavioral traits: Morally Indiscriminate, Regressed, Inadequate, and Sexually Indiscriminant. The morally indiscriminate offender may justify their offenses by saying "why not"? An inadequate molester has very low social confidence that may lead to extreme behavior under the right conditions. A Situational offender may offend over a wide range of frequency, from a "once in a lifetime" event to a long term record of offenses. Under the right circumstances, usually brought on by a stressor in the offender's life, he may abduct a child. Such an offender will keep close tabs on an investigation, gathering newspaper clippings and interjecting himself into the investigation. He will typically have a collection of detective magazines or adult *advertiser censored*.

There is also first time offenders and there are offenders that continue to teach us something new everyday. The books are still being written.

There has been a body recovered from a quarry that was previously drained in august. So draining the lakes to low levels out at st johns to find Joshua Guimond, may not have been enough.

They never drained the lakes at St. John's - they are huge lakes. They had a professional dive search team come in with sonar.

They never drained the lakes at St. John's - they are huge lakes. They had a professional dive search team come in with sonar.

Then they easily could have missed just like they recently did in a square quarry that had no outlets. It was also in april of the next year that divers actually searched, Josh went missing previously in November. Far too long. I think LE should be more respected in this investigation because there was never any evidence really left behind. A bloodhound did track Joshuas scent to the shoreline of Stump Lake. LE has suggested turtles had eaten him, I researched that, and it is logical. 10 turtles could consume a body down to the bone within two days. LE said he could have sunk in a swampy area. I believe that after having been to area and experienced the boggy ground as well.

"Be aware that you can drown in a swamp, marsh, or bog as easily as in any other body of water, even if it's shallow. This is because of the soft nature of the bio-silt beneath these water formations, which can add many more feet to the depth if you sink into it.[3] In addition, bogs can seem secure but hide very deep water underneath the peat layer."

I hope that goodness overcomes this hideous evil, I think the perp feels justified in what he did and will never confess. Too bad he won't get the satisfaction of knowing he did it. That is, the world won't know who he is and how he accomplished fooling so many people,

It is right that the Wetterlings receive the honors and he is a nobody,

Extra Terrestrials

Are Extra terrestrials to blame for some of the greatest unsolved mysteries in the world today? Evidence- No perpetrator footprints known, no sightings of both the victim and the perpetrator, no sound of a vehicular engine...

Seems like ditch is pretty deep. Not something a car could go down if someone did not want to park on the driving surface.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fangirl88
Back